• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MrCarter

Sure, why not? Why do some people act like this isn't gonna come down to preference in the end anyway? If you know you prefer SFV and know that SF DNA is not interchangeable with any other franchise when it comes to the characters and the gameplay, then I don't get why some people are so afraid to admit it. Who's judging you and what's their agenda? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Video game preference, such serious, wow!!

ltidl.jpg

Village

Are fighting games even good?
Just look at them
MOBAs is the future and Riot will bridge that gap from the ashes of Rising Thunder. S-Kill save the community

We should all stop playing fighting games and play mobas and fps's

We can actually get out of poverty

I don't know any Sonic fans outside of the kids at school that are weird as fuck and try to talk to me about their fursuits.
Don't you got overwatch to play

Sonic Mania is pretty cool tbh.

Yeah, because a game and not several stapled together with a bunch of misused nostalgia wrapped around it to disguise that the developers even with extra time couldn't come up with a single game they had enough confidence in to create a whole game out of even though people were litterally pointing out to them things that they would like whole games based around not cluttered. And they keep putting the same shitty guy in charge of their games.

" wow that sounds like a company who either doesn't know what they've done right or wrong and refuses to actually learn from their mistakes. Along with not listening to their fanbase, or has an inability to understand them"

Yep, Those people are still in charge, I fear for the future of sonic mania

Don't you got overwatch to play
I stopped playing Overwatch after they deleted Roadhog. :(

I spent the last 2 weekends playing the Dissidia and Gundam VS demos. I couldn't find Gundam compelling, but Dissidia has potential.

MCD250

Anybody wanna tell me why Necalli's ✌-6✌ overhead pushes him like a mile away on block? Shit's stupid, breh.

I've been saying this since the beginning.

With how the best moves a characters has are practically unpunishable (even when frames say otherwise), the huge emphasis on reads over reactions, and how important single moves are in neutral as opposed to a wide, varied toolset, this SF is the closest to 3D fighters (esp Tekken) we've ever gotten in the series.

The gameplan in this game is incredibly similar to TK's, too. Instead of backing off and focusing on footsies like other SF games, you get up to your opponent's face and either spam pokes or your best "unsafe" move until one of you fucks up bigly. Then comes the big "100% Nemo comeback" damage.

Amedo310

SNK needs to make a better product first. I love XIV, but, holy shit, does it lack the things that SFV or other modern games have. The single player stuff don't mean shit today for fighting games. Online is subpar at best. Lobby is trash due to nonsense like the room closing when the host leaves. No voice chat for modes like online training.

As for the community, there is a lot of people that have egos and like to call others or the whole community toxic even though, those same people would display behaviors that they would see as toxic. There is the language barrier too. Most of us don't like to contribute to building resources or anything useful and would rather wait for someone else to do it.

Also, a lot of us are really old or don't have the mean to go out and produce content for the game. For me as an example, I was the one of maybe six people producing frame data for the game. That shit takes days to do especially for a game with 50 plus characters. I'm 28 years old with a lot on my plate like any other adult.

There is so much internal shit working against KOF as series from the SNK company to the fans.

Blueblur1

Destiny 2 is really good. I haven't checked in on the thread or played any SFV. Also, a hurricane is coming right at me.

Miami about to get buried next - well, in about 36 hours.

Sayad

Destiny 2 is really good. I haven't checked in on the thread or played any SFV. Also, a hurricane is coming right at me.
My Destiny 2 is still downloading, lol, downloaded the first 5 or so GBs in like 20 minutes, got a message that "you can start the game now", except the only thing you can do is watch a loading screen as the game download the remaining 29 GBs, 24 hours later, it's only half way through, thank you PSN!

Also, stay safe.

Bloody Roar 2.
I discovered the light that is the rabbit nurse and her back flip bullshit, and it has been payback time for my Vega manning brother since then, I think he's starting to hate the game. :D

Not true. It's just that I hated IV so much it maybe seems that way.

Damn

SNK needs to make a better product first. I love XIV, but, holy shit, does it lack the things that SFV or other modern games have. The single player stuff don't mean shit today for fighting games. Online is subpar at best. Lobby is trash due to nonsense like the room closing when the host leaves. No voice chat for modes like online training.

As for the community, there is a lot of people that have egos and like to call others or the whole community toxic even though, those same people would display behaviors that they would see as toxic. There is the language barrier too. Most of us don't like to contribute to building resources or anything useful and would rather wait for someone else to do it.

Also, a lot of us are really old or don't have the mean to go out and produce content for the game. For me as an example, I was the one of maybe six people producing frame data for the game. That shit takes days to do especially for a game with 50 plus characters. I'm 28 years old with a lot on my plate like any other adult.

There is so much internal shit working against KOF as series from the SNK company to the fans.

Woof. I didn't wanna say anything about the community too much because I've only dipped in it, but damn that sucks. Resources are a big thing for new and older players, and it's why Tekken survives despite no tutorial.

And the online is still busted? I remember hearing the PC version had issues at launch too.

Miami about to get buried next - well, in about 36 hours.
Damn that sucks :(

You got a place to stay at my place
in Karachi
should you ever need it.

I discovered the light that is the rabbit nurse and her back flip bullshit, and it has been payback time for my Vega manning brother since then, I think he's starting to hate the game. :D
Good thing you didn't discover Yuriko the half-beast, else he might go insane.

I always loved Yugo in those games too, one of the few boxer characters I've played that really move and hit like I expect boxers too (alongside Steve Fox).

Oh who am I kidding, I love everyone in that game.

MechaX

I wonder, is Smash technically poverty?

I stopped playing Overwatch after they deleted Roadhog. :(

I spent the last 2 weekends playing the Dissidia and Gundam VS demos. I couldn't find Gundam compelling, but Dissidia has potential.

I feel bad for not getting with Gundam-GAF for the import release of Versus, but here's hoping things are less crazy for the western release later this month. Versus has some issues and I know people really wanted Maxi Boost, but Gundam is still hype.

I'm jelly at the people that got into Dissidia though. Come on Square, I have been paying for FFXIV since 2.0 and have 300 hours on the PSP Dissidia games, throw me a fucking bone here

I wonder, is Smash technically poverty?

I feel bad for not getting with Gundam-GAF for the import release of Versus, but here's hoping things are less crazy for the western release later this month. Versus has some issues and I know people really wanted Maxi Boost, but Gundam is still hype.

I'm jelly at the people that got into Dissidia though. Come on Square, I have been paying for FFXIV since 2.0 and have 300 hours on the PSP Dissidia games, throw me a fucking bone here
People were giving them out like candy in the FG Discord.

Birdie is fine. I don't think he was ever low tier.

Man when you make the right reads with Bison he hurts a dude. And for some reason, after messing around in ST with him my execution got a little better in SFV. I always loved Sagat but man Bison is that dude.

Still don't like him in the alpha games all that much.The FF characters feel more fun.

kirblar

Aren't 2 people in the top ten birdie players? Doesn't look so low tier anymore
Btw, got that moniter
He's better online than off. Partly online vs offline play, partly due to him having a few really bad matchups that he sees less often online (Birdie hates Sonic Booms.)

He's in a good spot, you just really need a secondary.

He's better online than off. Partly online vs offline play, partly due to him having a few really bad matchups that he sees less often online (Birdie hates Sonic Booms.)

He's in a good spot, you just really need a secondary.

I see. Then lucebuce, you have no excuse, return to the birdie!
Speaking of ranked, glad to see such a mix in the top ten[and at evo too which I finally got around to]. If only for that, games seems better balanced than season 1

you have no excuse, return to the birdie!
Well, I don't have the game installed right now. And my PS+ subscription will lapse in November and I'm probably not gonna get renew it for the time being.

But
Then lucebuce
You did get my name right...

But the fact is I just don't like Birdie in S2. His normals are a bit shittier, his longest range button now has better framedata but noticeably less range, he still is too honest in a game of bullshit and I don't like how oki-focused they've made him with his command grab changes in S2. That's why I keep saying I just hate Season 2 of this game, it's shit.

But I got my first ever double perfect in SFV with this guy so I can't hate too badly.

Plus it gave me this gem.

DunpealD

Dissidia is like a simplified Gundam, but adds another player to the mix(though 3v3 is added in Gundam Versus).
Not sure why NB would think that the beta doesn't need a tutorial, when it's the first time for the majority playing it.
There are some essential basics that one needs to actually play it. The meaning of the lock on colors, boost cancelling shots to turn them into combos, utilizing jumps, sidestepping to dodge melee or using it to extend melee combos, cancel routes, boost dive, charge shots, etc. and that's just the mechanics.
The next part would be how to put everything together into gameplay.

Though on there is a little overlap with Dissida in the latter. Like prioritizing survival over going ham, due to a shared pool of life. The realization that it's not a 1v1, which in turn makes you realize that the HUD is not cluttered, instead it contains vital information about the battlefield.

Destiny 2 is really good. I haven't checked in on the thread or played any SFV. Also, a hurricane is coming right at me.[/spoiler]

Stay safe.

While mentioning Destiny 2. It makes me realize that SFV and the FM System is still underutilized. They should think about offering costume and character rentals. Maybe some taunt consumables. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Super excited to have moved to FL 3 months ago. -_-

I feel you about roadhog,feels bad man.

Dissidia is tight glad my man jecht got in

Smash tekken and Mk are middle class.
People bitch about Roadhog so much, and I want to tell all of them to learn some goddamn footsies.

Dissidia is like a simplified Gundam, but adds another player to the mix(though 3v3 is added in Gundam Versus).
Not sure why NB would think that the beta doesn't need a tutorial, when it's the first time for the majority playing it.
There are some essential basics that one needs to actually play it. The meaning of the lock on colors, boost cancelling shots to turn them into combos, utilizing jumps, sidestepping to dodge melee or using it to extend melee combos, cancel routes, boost dive, charge shots, etc. and that's just the mechanics.
The next part would be how to put everything together into gameplay.

Though on there is a little overlap with Dissida in the latter. Like prioritizing survival over going ham, due to a shared pool of life. The realization that it's not a 1v1, which in turn makes you realize that the HUD is not cluttered, instead it contains vital information about the battlefield.

Stay safe.

While mentioning Destiny 2. It makes me realize that SFV and the FM System is still underutilized. They should think about offering costume and character rentals. Maybe some taunt consumables. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gundam's fundamental mechanics felt better, but Dissidia had more character variety going on. Most of the Gundams feel very same-y, and the tier lists I saw weren't encouraging.

Most of the gundams feel a little similar but many of them play differently. Like FA ZZ has a grappling move with like four different followups to it AND two different modes he can be in. GP02A can be played melee based or as a midranged zoner mixed in with melee. Most suits have enough variation that there's a reason to pick one suit over the other.

The tier lists sucks, but to be honest at a beginner level it's not the worst in the world. Some of it is offset by playing with other people and your movement is going to be more important than Hot Scramble's stupid funnel shit.

Oh man when you read a well done guide on how to deal with a character your life just opens up and things just feel right tbh.

Read one on the Bison VS Rashid matchup and how I can deal with Rashid's bullshit. Maybe I don't have to take all those mixers. I can just cr.lk (could have labbed it but naahhhh)

Village

People bitch about Roadhog so much, and I want to tell all of them to learn some goddamn footsies.

All you gotta do is be mobile, and it makes you harder to hit, plus a lot of heroes having abilities to dodge the shot that came after the hook. It was no reason to nerf that man

Oh man when you read a well done guide on how to deal with a character your life just opens up and things just feel right tbh.

Read one on the Bison VS Rashid matchup and how I can deal with Rashid's bullshit. Maybe I don't have to take all those mixers. I can just cr.lk (could have labbed it but naahhhh)

Where might one find good guides? I'm having issues with the Laura matchup as Cammy and I'd like to read up on it from a good source.

HardRojo

I'm in the corner, I back throw Gief so he's in the corner now with full meter, I backdash to stay away from his stupid range because I'm completely sure he'll wake up with super and he does, and I still get grabbed somehow because apparently my backdash finished just as his super started and I was for some reason still in range despite doing a fucking backdash to avoid the very thing that I had backdashed for. This fucking game man, sometime I truly believe thinking too much leads you to playing worse.

Syntsui

I'm in the corner, I back throw Gief so he's in the corner now with full meter, I backdash to stay away from his stupid range because I'm completely sure he'll wake up with super and he does, and I still get grabbed somehow because apparently my backdash finished just as his super started and I was for some reason still in range despite doing a fucking backdash to avoid the very thing that I had backdashed for. This fucking game man, sometime I truly believe thinking too much leads you to playing worse.
Should have neutral jumped at the exact frame he wakes up, works every time.

Top Bottom