• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MCD250

Xiao Hai could legit be the best Street Fighter player on the planet if he just played it more. He actually doesn't play very often, but he has managed to translate the style that he developed for King of Fighters to this game very well. I honestly think his lack of practice (plus his tendency to sometimes lose his composure a bit when he starts losing in a set) might be the only thing holding him back.

I remember that, but I thought it was a Ken player with a really cringy name like Hyper Master Ken or something like that.
Ahh you're right it was a Ken player which somehow makes a lot more sense.

12_dulose.jpg

I can't help but laugh when people ask Sneaks to leak more stuff.

Edit: How long do OTs tend to last for this game? Would we be on OTVV by December or past that?

Sneaks, we are all prepared to perform activities if you leak stuff.

• I will reinstall the game
    and uninstall it after a few days.
  • Scotia will try his best to convince people Sean and Alex are good characters
  • TheSpoiler will eat his own ass in a sporadic fashion
  • MrCarter will shill on gaming side
  • Marvel will play Bison
  • Flux will play online
  • Skilletor will..... give his students good grades, I dunno, what will he do?
  • EDIT: Zombegoast will post about how Nash is a shit character with gifs that make absolutely no sense

All of this can happen if you just leak something.

Mizerman

• Marvel will play Bison
  • Flux will play online
  • EDIT: Zombegoast will post about how Nash is a shit character with gifs that make absolutely no sense

And I...will just be in and out of this thread. Lurking like a shadow!

Scotia

Banned

• Marvel will play Bison
  • Flux will play online

You're goddamn right I will

At least neither is FANG AKA the worst character in the history of forever.
Bandwagoner. You dropped the Juri avatar when she turned out to be shit and dropped the Roadhog avatar when he was turned into shit. I see you.

Also unrelated but I recently rewatched Kung Fu Hustle and those assassins remind me sooo much of FANG. Similar clothing, same long fingernails, also assassin's, same glasses, similar hat.

BlizzKrut

Banned

• Marvel will play Bison
  • Flux will play online

Garret will come back from the pits of OW.

LiquidM

Neo Member
Xiao Hai could legit be the best Street Fighter player on the planet if he just played it more. He actually doesn't play very often, but he has managed to translate the style that he developed for King of Fighters to this game very well. I honestly think his lack of practice (plus his tendency to sometimes lose his composure a bit when he starts losing in a set) might be the only thing holding him back.

The trouble is he doesn't have enough good players to practice with here in China. Dakou used to be a very good training partner but he is now a family man and is not interested in playing sfv anymore. The lacking of counter strategies for specific characters really hurts xiaohai's tournament results.

The shitty net connections in China is not helping either :(

XenoRaven

Xeno's dream game:

Capcom teams up with Sega to make a Yakuza style game but instead of playing as a gangster you play as an Interpol agent who runs around stopping crimes and solving mysteries and kicking thugs and wearing hair buns.

Xeno's dream game:

Capcom teams up with Sega to make a Yakuza style game but instead of playing as a gangster you play as an Interpol agent who runs around stopping crimes and solving mysteries and kicking thugs and wearing hair buns.
If it's made entirely by the Nagoshi-led RGG team then FUCK YEAH.

If Capcpom has a role in the development, then I know they're gonna fuck it up.

It's why I'm honestly no longer excited at the prospect of a new DMC. I just know it's gonna be some serious monkey's paw shit.

XenoRaven

It's why I'm honestly no longer excited at the prospect of a new DMC. I just know it's gonna be some serious monkey's paw shit.
Yeah Capcom would just hand over the characters and let Nagoshi just do his thing.

I think that style of game with SF characters would be really fun.

Yeah Capcom would just hand over the characters and let Nagoshi just do his thing.

I think that style of game with SF characters would be really fun.
Yakuza x Final Fight. I would collapse.

Or Streets of Rage x Final Fight. I would agree to be Ono's personal slave for it.

How do you guys think a FF remake in the style of a game like Yakuza (and just as exaggerated as Yakuza or SF) would be recieved? Obviously people would claim to be hype and all that jazz, but how would that translate into sales?

I think it could do well. People love beat em ups, and I honestly don't know why 3D beat em ups aren't more popular.

When I show people the combat in Yakuza, they fucking love it despite the last beat em ups they played being Final Fight or Captain Commando or SEGA games from decades ago.

As long as the marketing for the COMBAT is there, and the COMBAT is legit good then I can definitely see it selling well. You don't need good story, great production value or anything really like that. Good music and combat is all you need. Also you need a good PC version for that game, PC gamers love that shit.

Why would a new DMC be fucked? It would be directed by Itsuno who made DMC3 and DMC4. DMC4:SE came out recently and added a bunch of characters that were fun to play.

I just want info about Menat. If she sucks, I am going to learn Necalli.
I personally just don't think necalli's getting knocked into the low tier trench anytime soon so it's probably the right call to learn Necalli either way tbh.

Why would a new DMC be fucked? It's directed by Itsuno who made DMC3 and DMC4. DMC4:SE came out recently and added a bunch of characters that were fun to play.
Perhaps it's just all the stuff that's been happening with their new releases as of late but I am seriously starting to lose faith in Capcpom.

RE7 (while I haven't played it) has been almost unanimously praised to be incredibly good and while it may be, it does indeed stray quite far from what we know of RE.

I don't know. Just call it a personal bias at this point.

I personally just don't think necalli's getting knocked into the low tier trench anytime soon so it's probably the right call to learn Necalli either way tbh.

Perhaps it's just all the stuff that's been happening with their new releases as of late but I am seriously starting to lose faith in Capcpom.

RE7 (while I haven't played it) has been almost unanimously praised to be incredibly good and while it may be, it does indeed stray quite far from what we know of RE.

I don't know. Just call it a personal bias at this point.
I just really hate investing into a character just to swap. It's part of why I will play Bison. He sucks, but I already know how to play him.

Scotia

Banned
Neither Sneaks nor myself know anything about that afaik.

I hope we're getting a second story chapter this month, but my guess is as good as yours.

I'd love a second story mode but I'd be very surprised if they suddenly dropped one this month without any prior announcements, especially seeing as how much they hyped up for the first one.

Playing casuals right now. Somehow able to hang with platboyz so we will see. Came out 10-8 on some of them! Match is coming up in a few but god offline is so much better it's crazy.

Mizerman

Long as Ninja Theory is staying the hell away from DMC, I have a bit more confidence.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Alright - go easy on me, I know I suck ass - but I am truly trying to get better.

I have about 100 casual matches under my belt, with a whopping 16% win rate. Now, when I lose to someone with 20,000 games under their belt or a 90% win rate, I don't worry too much. I came into this expecting to lose a lot.

But in this round, I thought I was doing "okay." Not great - and I know I had some whifs here and there and my mastery of the controls is at about 3%. But Ken was a Rookie, too, and with just about 50 games and only a 30% win rate. So, he wasn't "good" and yet I still got my ass handed to me as Ryu.

What should I be doing differently? Appreciate any insight. Am I doing anything even close to "right?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkcQ2LP2YEM&feature=youtu.be

Bison wrecks Abigail, my gold league friend been annoying me with Abigail for the last few days, in 9 matches he took 1 round off me, I made him change to his true main character hahahahaha

BlizzKrut

Banned
Alright - go easy on me, I know I suck ass - but I am truly trying to get better.

I have about 100 casual matches under my belt, with a whopping 16% win rate. Now, when I lose to someone with 20,000 games under their belt or a 90% win rate, I don't worry too much. I came into this expecting to lose a lot.

But in this round, I thought I was doing "okay." Not great - and I know I had some whifs here and there and my mastery of the controls is at about 3%. But Ken was a Rookie, too, and with just about 50 games and only a 30% win rate. So, he wasn't "good" and yet I still got my ass handed to me as Ryu.

What should I be doing differently? Appreciate any insight. Am I doing anything even close to "right?"

Try to wakeup with block instead of waking up with nothing (other times you woke up with a fierce or something with lots of frames, if you want to wake up with a move, either EX DP or your jab which I believe is 3 frames).

Don't spam cr.HK on neutral, because if blocked (which it will probably be) it might get punished fairly easily, on another note, don't punish your opponent's blocked DP with a sweep (cr.HK), you have an opportunity there for a lot of damage, learn a basic CC (Crush Counter) combo and go from there.

I used to have that bad habit of using sweep on neutral and once I got over that, my game flow got much better, I know it's hard to lose the habit but once you do, you'll see the results.

Your first round finished because you didn't space yourself well for a fireball, when throwing one out, make sure you have enough space so your adversary can't jump on you and land a hit.

Additionally don't whiff too many moves with lots of frames near your opponent, you will get punished and it will hurt.

TL;DR - Space yourself more, don't spam moves with lots of frames near your opponent, and punish your opponent harder.

The first thing I notice is how often you try to sweep.
Try to nip this habit in the bud real quick, most sweeps are deadly unsafe, only a few characters have sweeps that can be made safe at perfect distances.

second, you have a tendency to wanting to go for something, but then it fails and I can see you still try it, even though your opponent is already doing something. Try to be more reactive of your opponent.
If you fireball fails, immediately look at what your opponent is doing, because there's a good chance that even if you tried a second time, you're now putting yourself in a disadvantaged position.

That brings me to the third thing, input error.
Try turning on input display next time, but I can see that you are failing several fireballs/srks. This isn't the biggest problem right now, because you'll learn proper inputs as you go, but as I said, stop repeating the input until you get it, this is just giving your opponent a free way in, especially at lower "yolo" ranks.

I wouldn't mind playing you a bit, just to give you an idea on spacing/punishes and such with ryu.

Marvel

could never
Bison wrecks Abigail, my gold league friend been annoying me with Abigail for the last few days, in 9 matches he took 1 round off me, I made him change to his true main character hahahahaha
I can agree with this a little, I seem to be doing very well against Abi's online myself.

Marvel

could never
Yeah, I've also stoped using headstomps and DR's. I'm rarely getting parried and punished now.

Top Bottom