• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MCD250

Man, I've said before that I think Ibuki's brown paper bag costume is ugly as sin, but I gotta admit the version they have of it in this game has some really nice colors. Shine uses a black, white and red color scheme that is just *chef finger kiss*

I've always wondered how viable it would be to make a character with forward charge.

As in you had to hold forward and then press back to execute a particular move.
Them's Fightin' Herds has a character with a forward charge.

Man, I've said before that I think Ibuki's brown paper bag costume is ugly as sin, but I gotta admit the version they have of it in this game has some really nice colors. Shine uses a black, white and red color scheme that is just *chef finger kiss*
What I like about it in SF5 is that it no longer looks like her pants have been starched to an inflated stiffness.

FluxWave!!!! I swear, anytime I think i'm getting a little better, you just come in & humble me. Good GOD.

You gotta give me some tips on where to improve man.

No, it's just a placeholder image for future items in the "Information" tab.

w1Z0t3N.png
You're missing my point. What I'm talking about is only nominally related to that sign.

It's almost as if it could be additional modes for the game to fill those out 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Well, those are more for just general information (namely characters and stages), but you're kinda right I guess.

FluxWaveZ

FluxWave!!!! I swear, anytime I think i'm getting a little better, you just come in & humble me. Good GOD.

Happens to everyone. After that set, I had an incredibly tough set against XsK_Samurai. I always need more tips to improve myself, and I often feel uncomfortable giving then myself because I'm not experienced enough.

I guess there wasn't anything really egregious with how you played, so I guess it might be a need to play more matches and gain more experience. You're still at a point where you can pinpoint where you want to improve specifically, so you can choose that. Like focusing on getting better at anti-airs, grounded spacing, punish optimization, V-Trigger setups and combos, etc. Then grind it out through training mode and matches where you specifically train in that area.

JusDoIt

You're missing my point. What I'm talking about is only nominally related to that sign.

Well, those are more for just general information (namely characters and stages), but you're kinda right I guess.

Well we got two characters coming for sure, and two stages suggested by leaks, if they each take a tab a piece that leaves five left to explain. Costumes?

(I'm trying to lower expectations for new modes)

Too bad they fucked her retro outfit up since she doesn't take off her mask.

I find it fitting that Akuma's V-Trigger DP was the move that won EVO, as that move has saved my ass so many times online.
lol that move is so annoying when you get caught in a combo string.

UncleMeat

Thanks for the lounge invite, really enjoy the opportunity to play stronger players. Unfortunate that you and I didn't have as strong of a connection as the other night.

Those matches with FluxWaves might have melted my brain though, went on a nice losing streak in casuals after that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the lounge invite, really enjoy the opportunity to play stronger players. Unfortunate that you and I didn't have as strong of a connection as the other night.

Those matches with FluxWaves might have melted my brain though, went on a nice losing streak in casuals after that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was a ton of fun. And yeah - I need a beer and a smoke after playing Flux. So much to unpack lol.

kikiribu

Too bad they fucked her retro outfit up since she doesn't take off her mask.
That's more to do with Capcom's laziness to remove the mask. The outfit itself is pretty much flawless. The same exact thing happens with Bison taking off a ghost hat with his story alt.

My suggestion to Capcom if they're gonna be this lazy about things like that in the future is don't give any characters a victory pose that removes an item, since obviously every alt isn't going to look the same.

I think I'm starting to know how ZG feels. Playing these people in platinum and above has been awful. I've played against some of the worst rollback I've experienced in this game.

Maybe kicking the router with the timberlands is the secret skill I'm missing to level up.

Well we got two characters coming for sure, and two stages suggested by leaks, if they each take a tab a piece that leaves five left to explain. Costumes?

(I'm trying to lower expectations for new modes)
Idk, maybe it's related to that new package that came out on Steam? It's also possible that that's just the max number of notifications allowed at once.

I doubt it really means anything, though I'm still questioning what that package would be. It's way too soon to be a Halloween bundle. Maybe we're getting a ton of Nostalgia costumes next month?

mbpm1

I think I'm starting to know how ZG feels. Playing these people in platinum and above has been awful. I've played against some of the worst rollback I've experienced in this game.

Maybe kicking the router with the timberlands is the secret skill I'm missing to level up.

Zombegoast is infecting the thread

NotLikeThis

For sure. Lol.

People have legit complaints about sf5 for sure. Ive voiced a lot myself, but esports is the one area where Capcom hasn't made a mistake.

I hope s3 knocks it our if the park, because next year could be amazing if they do. So many new, amazing games coming out. A huge opportunity for growths.
That disney xd thread is hilarious. Capcom's impact tbh. Now everyone is trying to have year long tours.

mbpm1

When you look at how well Capcom has been doing with CPT each year, it's not hard to understand the appeal. Barring some minor strangeness like how the rules and qualifying matches worked some years. Just wish it took place in a game I liked more. I wonder how they'll do Marvel's tour.

Also bring back DJ Ipad

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I have about 20 hours on the clock. Trying to practice in casual matches. Loss after loss after loss. But occasionally, I at least make it a close game, and so I'm happy to be making progress.

Then I just get absolutely reamed by a Cammy. Destroyed. She Perfect KOs me and then destroys me with just a chip of damage. 27 hit combo. What the fuck? How do I suck so bad?!

Oh.

Welp. In other news, I have won a small handful of games but I did realize tonight that I have the lowest win percentage of anyone I've come across... sitting at 18%. lulz. That's okay... I do think I'm getting better.

HardRojo

I have about 20 hours on the clock. Trying to practice in casual matches. Loss after loss after loss. But occasionally, I at least make it a close game, and so I'm happy to be making progress.

Then I just get absolutely reamed by a Cammy. Destroyed. She Perfect KOs me and then destroys me with just a chip of damage. 27 hit combo. What the fuck? How do I suck so bad?!

Oh.

Welp. In other news, I have won a small handful of games but I did realize tonight that I have the lowest win percentage of anyone I've come across... sitting at 18%. lulz. That's okay... I do think I'm getting better.
Upload some of your fights and show us so we can see what you're doing, what you need to improve and what you're totally missing in your playstyle. Pretty sure some basic guidance will help a lot now that you're just starting.

My condolences

OK so this response is a little late but so be it. Despite the nerfs, I still really enjoy playing him. I've always loved shoto style gameplay no matter which fighting game I've played. Other then that, I think it's great to main a shoto. You know that in every version of SF, you're basically guaranteed to have your main back or a variation of your main. Ken, Ryu, and Akuma might be dead by SF10. But their will be some new character that will inherit the Shoryuken, Hado, and tatsu. And I'm going to be playing that character in my 60's.

Just wait until E.Ryu lands.

I'm crossing my fingers for this. I actually do want a separate Evil Ryu character. But I don't think Capcom will do it. Three shoto's is probably enough in their book and all 3 are pretty integral to the series unlike Evil Ryu. But Evil Ryu can return as a V Trigger transformation and if that happens, it has to be better than the shitty Denjin Ryu that we currently have.

mbpm1

After Abigail and Kolin Capcom has renewed my faith that they can make fun characters to play. I look forward to whatever.

The game is whatever, but the characters are keeping me in

The thought of that costume with SFV Chun's body hurts my crotch.
Allow me (NSFW):
http://tinyurl.com/y7aglcaj

Yep they are tap inputs. He is a pretty fun character to play as well.

Not sure in the new game, but in the original, I'm pretty sure he had hold forward to charge moves.

Holy shit, you're right:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588419-killer-instinct/faqs/5527

Apparently I mained a charge character as a kid and didn't even remember!

Edzi

Producer, why did you ever play Chun? You're clearly a crazy rushdown player.

Emphasis on the crazy, I can't keep track of this Cammy at all lol

Edzi

Producer, when the lobby freezes like this you have to go to the back of the queue. That fixes it.

You chose to main two of Alex's worst matchups on purpose, huh.

Producer

Producer, when the lobby freezes like this you have to go to the back of the queue. That fixes it.

You chose to main two of Alex's worst matchups on purpose, huh.

damn where'd you find that lobby tech lol

these 2 are the only ones i know how to play though

UncleMeat

Trying to finish Dhalsim s.2 trial before bed and got the 1M fight money trophy.

Didn't really see that coming since I only have about 45k fm. And I still need that 30k anniversary bonus to buy Suzaka Castle. I guess that fm just burns a hole in my pocket.

histopher

Bring on the retro alts. So many possibilties still.

Alpha Chun
Shadaloo Cammy
Bison with Cape
SFII Boxer
SFII Claw
SFII Ryu (hair is different to Alpha and 3/4/5, plain gloves)
SFII Ken
SFII Sim

Oh.

Honestly, it comes in waves. Its usually when you figure out the answer to a puzzle. The first question you have to ask yourself is: where am I having trouble when playing? Once you figure out where that is, and what exactly about that situation is giving you trouble, you can start considering potential answers. After that, take it to training or against a CPU and just practice until you've put that answer in muscle memory.

Before you know it, you're gonna be having a far easier time then you thought.

Producer

I know you're salty right now Producer, I would be too if I lost to that godawful grab move.

GGs :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I swear i did the ex vanity step to avoid it cuz i knew you were gonna go for a grab/cmd grab. It was only cuz of my own error that you win tonite buddy

Top Bottom