• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kikiribu

Daigo why you being so mean to Gachikun he's just a kid

daigod9isp7.gif

Gilgamech

With the release of Marvel coming up I feel Capcom hasn't taken advantage of the possibility of having Marvel themed costumes for SFV. Maybe even have a whole Marvel vs Street Fighter bundle.
If they don't want any possible licensing issues further on down the road then they should have their own Street Fighter vs Capcom "event" and create costumes from their IPs. Something like this would get more eyes on the game and people more interested.
They could go crazy with it: have Nash as Captain Commando, Ryu as Ryu from BoF or Batsu, give Guile a Lost Planet costume, Dante has now become a perfect fit for Ken's face. Go nuts Capcom but do it though. Remind people why you were cool.

With the release of Marvel coming up I feel Capcom hasn't taken advantage of the possibility of having Marvel themed costumes for SFV. Maybe even have a whole Marvel vs Street Fighter bundle.
If they don't want any possible licensing issues further on down the road then they should have their own Street Fighter vs Capcom "event" and create costumes from their IPs. Something like this would get more eyes on the game and people more interested.
They could go crazy with it: have Nash as Captain Commando, Ryu as Ryu from BoF or Batsu, give Guile a Lost Planet costume, Dante has now become a perfect fit for Ken's face. Go nuts Capcom but do it though. Remind people why you were cool.

1. This would be a licensing nightmare. You'd only really be able to do references to the Capcom side - trust me, you do not want a company like Marvel involved with any part of SFV.

2. A Capcom Vs. Capcom fighter is something I think the community would absolutely love. Its the only real way we'd ever get a worthy follow-up to MvC3. Capcom typically has done references to other Capcom IP in SF's costumes, it just takes awhile to get to that point. We only really started seeing that around the time Ultra SF4 rolled out, and that was mostly because Capcom was rolling assets from SFxT into USF4.

As for cross-promotion for MvC:I & SFV, they'll be getting plenty of that next year. I imagine SFV will always be the more popular of the two, and I fully expect a lot of SFV's grievances and even a certain degree of its public image to be rectified by next year.

kikiribu

015.png

014.png

Also, let Street Fighter be Street Fighter. It doesn't need Marvel and I wouldn't want that anyway.

MCD250

Marvel costumes in SFV would be dope as hell, but yeah, I expect licensing would make it a hassle to the point that it wouldn't be worth it from Capcom's POV.

Bob White

I know I give this game and capcom tons of shit on an almost daily basis but, I just have to say...

SFV has the best training mode ever.

I'm not even kidding. It doesn't set the world on fire with bells and whistles but it's totally the friend you know with a truck that's down to help you on moving day.

Quick Reset
Dummy Recordings that save and are still there on reboot
On block recordings

These three fucking things make drills and muscle memory stuff sooo much easier. And the thing is, it really isn't all that impressive. It's just that every other fighting game seems to forget one of these things or has too many menus to quickly access it.

I know it's a long shot, but I hope hope hope that Super brings an updated balls to the wall training mode. I want some "on hit" dummy recordings and like, 30 fucking playback slots to save. SFV is three things to me. Shitty single player shit. Competitive shit with wacky balance. And a fucking legit ass training mode.

I know I give this game and capcom tons of shit on an almost daily basis but, I just have to say...

I'm not even kidding. It doesn't set the world on fire with bells and whistles but it's totally the friend you know with a truck that's down to help you on moving day.

Quick Reset
On block recordings

These three fucking things make drills and muscle memory stuff sooo much easier. And the thing is, it really isn't all that impressive. It's just that every other fighting game seems to forget one of these things or has too many menus to quickly access it.

I know it's a long shot, but I hope hope hope that Super brings an updated balls to the wall training mode. I want some "on hit" dummy recordings and like, 30 fucking playback slots to save. SFV is three things to me. Shitty single player shit. Competitive shit with wacky balance. And a fucking legit ass training mode.

Yeah it has a great training mode. I also love the random wakeup, block and counterhit options. I spend a lot of time just working on hitconfirms with random on and trying to react to different wakeups with the right meaty.

Zackat

Quick Reset
On block recordings

I need to get a stick with a touchpad so I can quick reset. Or I need to figure out how to map a key to that.

Actually, can you map a button to that? This would be a game changer for me.

Bob White

I need to get a stick with a touchpad so I can quick reset. Or I need to figure out how to map a key to that.

Actually, can you map a button to that? This would be a game changer for me.

You on ps4? You can use button map in setting to map reset on L1 (or any other face button on your stick). Shit is a life saver.

On ps4 dashboard
Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments > Change L3 to L1 (that's my set up)

DGhFOs-UwAAKDWl.png:large

FINALLY MADE IT TO DIAMOND YES. I lost hope yesterday after I fell to 12.6k LP but I made a breakthrough today and was on fire.I'm so proud of myself right now.

Sure people said the same thing about preferring 3s or ST over SF4 in it's first couple of years (or its whole life). Now you have the 09ers becoming those same people for SF4 over SFV. It's not to say that SFV is good, but come on b...

you used seth and yun b

elena lost to both idc

Sure people said the same thing about preferring 3s or ST over SF4 in it's first couple of years (or its whole life). Now you have the 09ers becoming those same people for SF4 over SFV. It's not to say that SFV is good, but come on b...
Count me as one of those who found SF4 a massive downgrade from what came before it. We just have a new generation doing it without the time gap in-between this time.

sixghost

Is there some kind of logic for who lands first when you hit someone with an air-to-air normal? I can't figure out what decides the frame advantage upon landing.

mbpm1

Is there some kind of logic for who lands first when you hit someone with an air-to-air normal? I can't figure out what decides the frame advantage upon landing.

If you hit them while rising you can see yourself landing later than them I think so they have advantages

reverse applies for falling

in between cases you can sorta eyeball still

Skilletor

Sneaks, we are all prepared to perform activities if you leak stuff.

• Skilletor will..... give his students good grades, I dunno, what will he do?

All of this can happen if you just leak something.

I'm getting ready for grad school applications, so no students for awhile.

I will agree to not play sf4 ever again.

And then play it randomly with a friend.

mbpm1

Laura is actually pretty hard. Almost none of the skills i've obtained with other characters playing sfv carry over.

Confirmed C-tier, confirmed struggle tier.

Sayad

Laura is actually pretty hard. Almost none of the skills i've obtained with other characters playing sfv carry over.

Dude flirting with Count should be kept to PMs, we did not need to see this. 🤢

JusDoIt

I don't think she's low tier (like B+ tier, just outside of the A tier which like 40 percent of the cast is in), but her rep as a braindead character is a little ignorant. Playing her optimally takes a lot of situational awareness and spacing, and you gotta condition your opponent to win.

mbpm1

Maybe, but i haven't found the right balance yet if that's the case lol

Her limbs are way shorter than I thought they were like gawddamn

she has good jumps though

Top Bottom