• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

HardRojo

3e17ytqvgb3z.jpg

She's so rectangular. Like a plastic eraser.

Man, what'd they do to my girl? She looks like she just woke up after partying till 6 am lol, and wearing clothes clearly 2 sizes above hers.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/Rice_EaterPC

I finally fucking did it. Forgive me for the self brag post but I think I deserve this after one year of torture. I made Ultra Gold sometime last Summer but could never get to Platinum. I did take a long ass break from September to late June while only playing in tiny spurts. But I still poured in a lot of hours after making Ultra Gold, but Platinum kept eluding me.

It feels so good because it took me so long to accomplish this. I did it against a Ibuki and thought the connection was good for the most part. But all I needed was to win the first match and when I got it I bounced outta there so fast. I just want to hold that W for a bit and enjoy it before and I drop back to Ultra Gold lol.

After Abigail and Kolin Capcom has renewed my faith that they can make fun characters to play. I look forward to whatever.

The game is whatever, but the characters are keeping me in
Same feeling here, else I'd have stopped caring about the game entirely.

Also I feel as though this is a recurring Capcpom problem. All their fighting games since SFIV have the common theme of the characters themselves being well-realized and very fun to play (SFxT!!!) but the overall balance and game balance being quite wonky and requiring a not minor overhaul to make it legitimately good.

I thought that would change with SFV, cause you know... ESPORTS, but I didn't take into account how little money and manpower Capcpom seems to be putting into their fighting games now.
I remember Saberwulf having moves like that in KI. Does he still?
I don't know if he had moves like that but they're all quarter circle moves and back-forward moves (no charge) in the new KI. The same applies to literally everyone (something I personally am not that big a fan of but whatever)

Them's Fightin' Herds has a character with a forward charge.
Eww, My Little Pony.

Vatista from Under Night In-Birth has a forward charge move.
I googled her and ew so anime.

Does sound cool though.

Marvel

could never

I finally fucking did it. Forgive me for the self brag post but I think I deserve this after one year of torture. I made Ultra Gold sometime last Summer but could never get to Platinum. I did take a long ass break from September to late June while only playing in tiny spurts. But I still poured in a lot of hours after making Ultra Gold, but Platinum kept eluding me.

It feels so good because it took me so long to accomplish this. I did it against a Ibuki and thought the connection was good for the most part. But all I needed was to win the first match and when I got it I never I bounced outta there so fast. I just want to hold that W for a bit and enjoy it before and I drop back to Ultra Gold lol.
Congratulations!

Okay, question for you guys. Let's say, for whatever reason, Bipson could only get one Nostalgia outfit. Which would you want, the bulky as fuck one from SFA, the slimmer one from SFII, or the middle ground from SFIV? Assume that he gets the cape and removes it with the code no matter which you choose.

I personally choose SFII, because not only is that one my favorite one, but he also has the same build as SFV Bipson it seems.

Village

Here's what you do for me

You take both of those outfits, and then you throw them out a window.

Then you take mecha bipson from 4 and call it a nostalgia outfit, because to be honest, His new outfit is so damn similar to his old ones, I don't actually care enough to see a nostalgia outfit

Marvel

could never
I want the cape so bad... but I'm not sure Capcom could pull it off. Capes in IJ2 have a rubbery stiff vibe and that game looks stunning.

I'd probably go with something like his tattoo one from 4. But with super long hair.

Code could replace tattoos with a pulsating lighting bolt on his chest.

LakeEarth

It feels so good because it took me so long to accomplish this. I did it against a Ibuki and thought the connection was good for the most part. But all I needed was to win the first match and when I got it I bounced outta there so fast. I just want to hold that W for a bit and enjoy it before and I drop back to Ultra Gold lol.
Congrats. I too used to think that I'd never hit platinum, but then I switched to Urien.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Congrats!! I know that must have felt amazing when you finally got it. Reading these sort of posts always makes me want to go back to Ranked (I stopped in S1) but I just don't want the grind nor the anger and frustration it entails.

Taking Abby to a tournament today. Super excited to play this character and get bopped. I kinda miss Urien so maybe I'll get some pocket games with him and use him for more difficult matchups. But it's mainly Abby all day every day.

Marvel

could never
Taking Abby to a tournament today. Super excited to play this character and get bopped. I kinda miss Urien so maybe I'll get some pocket games with him and use him for more difficult matchups. But it's mainly Abby all day every day.
Best of luck bro!

paolo11

I thought you were Diamond at this point cuz I know you are really good. Were you playing rank matches everyday?

Scotia

Banned
Who could be the moustache character Sneakers was referencing? Hakan? I'd love to see Hakan in this game.

Could be Hakan, Eagle or a new character. Can't be Dudley because Sneakers already deconfirmed him and Haggar is unlikely because apparently Capcom thinks he too similar to Zangief. So it's either Hakan, Eagle or a new character. I'd rather it be Eagle, personally speaking. I dislike Hakan and I don't think we'll get any new characters next season.

I thought you were Diamond at this point cuz I know you are really good. Were you playing rank matches everyday?

Hmm, I'm not sure where you heard I was really good. Compared to most of GAF I'd say I'm mid tier at best. But I can always claim that I went even with Flux in a long set way back in the early days before he got really good lol.

But anyways, after reaching Ultra Gold I wasn't playing every day but I still played quite a bit. Maybe 3-4 times a week with each session lasting a few hours. Then I dropped the game for a long time because I would get extremely salty and rage constantly during my repeated failures. It would scare and upset my wife so I decided it was best for me to just stop for a long time. I think I'm doing better now since playing again a little over a month ago. So I'll try to keep this mindset going forward.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Who could be the moustache character Sneakers was referencing? Hakan? I'd love to see Hakan in this game.
Are we sure he wasn't just making a joke that one of the S3 characters is a giant moustache?

Not everything Sneakers says is a leak. Remember that hilarious joke he posted about being "super" excited about evo?

Didn't you find out just last year that the second kick of Guile's cr.hk could be blocked and punished?

Honestly I don't recall saying that. But I wouldn't be surprised if I did because I based most of my reactions to SFV moves on their SF4 versions. And blocking the 2nd kick of Guile's SF4 sweep was practically safe outside of point blank range.

And now I shall give you a pity bump.

Honestly I don't recall saying that. But I wouldn't be surprised if I did because I based most of my reactions to SFV moves on their SF4 versions. And blocking the 2nd kick of Guile's SF4 sweep was practically safe outside of point blank range.

And now I shall give you a pity bump.
Oh yes sorry, I remember now it was about SF4. I remember on the FGH thread people ribbing on you for that :D

And thanks :)

Just to put a pin in this - I was making a joke with Lucebruce about Byron being in S3 (Byron has a mustache in that gif). I admit, it was a pretty awful joke, and I realize i'm probably not a person who should kid about S3 stuff anymore.

I think I'm starting to know how ZG feels. Playing these people in platinum and above has been awful. I've played against some of the worst rollback I've experienced in this game.

Maybe kicking the router with the timberlands is the secret skill I'm missing to level up.

It's downhill once you try to reach Diamond. You can play solid and reach your goal to 13k lp until you face your worse MU. You manage to overcome Cammy's vortex and are one hit away of winning. Then she does a desperate dp that switched sides so you go for St.hp but it didn't auto correct and Cammy has already recovered and she press buttons as you are in the recovery state on the whiffed CC. Then you lose and get frustrated.

You try to regain the points you lost but then face a South American. He can make his EX DP VTC -2 on block and jump teleport like Chipp from GG.

You loose even more points by the time you realize, your back to Square one.

Ranking in Usf4 was never this frustrating.

kobu

Most of the times I uninstall the game is usually after having to eat a full throw loop.

How something like that is still in this game I have no idea. At this point every character needs to have an alpha counter that's an unblockable attack that resets the situation.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Just to put a pin in this - I was making a joke with Lucebruce about Byron being in S3 (Byron has a mustache in that gif). I admit, it was a pretty awful joke, and I realize i'm probably not a person who should kid about S3 stuff anymore.

Wish you leaked more to us :c

Hm, of the characters you referenced that are in development, do you know how many are locked for S3?

It seems that unbeknownst to most of the FGC, Xiaohai has just beaten Tokido(aka the guy whose quotes are being used for this thread) in some kind of SFV League in China. I tried watching it but the stream kept cutting off. I saw Xiaohai win to pull ahead 4-3 and then the stream died on me. Xiaohai won the next game to win the set 5-3.

EVO Champ to washed up in less than month. Feels bad man.

I just beat a Master rank in a set 2-1 what the hell. His name was Hiro. He barely beat me in the first match and I almost choked it up in the second match but held it together, and then I just destroyed him the third match.

It seems like unbeknownst to most of the FGC, Xiaohai has just beaten Tokido(aka the guy whose quotes were used for this thread) in some kind of SFV League in China. I tried watching it but the stream kept cutting off. I saw Xiaohai win to pull ahead 4-3 and then the stream died on me. Xiaohai won the next game to win the set 5-3.

EVO Champ to washed up in less than month. Feels bad man.
Better than winning Capcpom Cup and then losing your first online match to a random Alex player.

I just beat a Master rank in a set 2-1 what the hell. His name was Hiro. He barely beat me in the first match and I almost choked it up in the second match but held it together, and then I just destroyed him the third match.

Was he a Bison player? That could be Hiro from NYC. He's a very good player.

Better than winning Capcpom Cup and then losing your first online match to a random Alex player.

I remember that, but I thought it was a Ken player with a really cringy name like Hyper Master Ken or something like that.

Top Bottom