• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

『Inaba Resident』;250372670 said:
The mockup is speculation but the mode definitely exists

https://twitter.com/Mikami_XKira/status/913607394701316096
I don't know if 700FM is more or less than I'd expect for a repeatable mode. You get more from one match than you do for an online one.

edit: at the end he says he thinks a few modes are in development... one of which is dramatic battle.
Pretty sure the biggest reason we don't have Dramatic Battle isn't because of laziness.

Here's a hint: The current game as is still sometimes drops frames with certain character/stage/effect combinations.

Rymuth

Avert yer eyes

oro_peen.png

So with Menat, they added the student of an old-school SF character that we've played with before.

And with Zeku, they're adding the MASTER of an old-school SF character that we've played with before.

Just a parallel I wanted to point out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
X-Kira with more stuff- clarifying how he got the costumes, and also what stages are coming up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34fspNnZ4cA

Mexico (Urien)
Egypt (Menat)
AUSTRALIA (aka thunder lightning and a lot of grass from SFA!)
"LDX" which he thinks is a Birdie stage remake
"NYX" which he thinks is a Nash stage remake
"NYG" which he thinks is a Ken stage remake
"RUX" which he thinks is for Kolin
"BOX" which he thinks is for Neo-Shadoloo (aka Ed)

edit: at the end he says he thinks a few modes are in development... one of which is dramatic battle.

To clarify one thing. Is he really positive that Australia stage is actually alpha storm stage? Just wonder because I never knew it's located at Australia and there were a plan for new Australia stage.

delSai

Starting to get bored by Gief. Such lame character who in my opinion shouldn't even have been in the game in the first place but unfortunately he's the only one who fits my playstyle.

I think i would really love this game if it had a character i liked

Blueblur1

X-Kira with more stuff- clarifying how he got the costumes, and also what stages are coming up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34fspNnZ4cA

Mexico (Urien)
Egypt (Menat)

I don’t doubt Ken’s SFII stage, Urien’s 3S stage and an Egypt stage are coming. The remaining guesses I’m not so sure about.

Ryce

I really don't understand X-Kira sometimes. He could have a perfectly fine reputation if he just reported on what he found in the patches. What about ”LDX" says ”remake of Birdie's stage from Alpha 2"? It could be a Union Station variant for all we know, or even something entirely new.

MrCarter

Mexico (Urien)
Egypt (Menat)

Oh yes. Menat Egypt stage would be wonderful.

I suspect the stages are selling really well for this game.

I suspect ALL content is given how many costumes and stages we are getting.

Blueblur1

Just think of them as "LDX, NYX, NYG, etc..." stages and ignore what X-Kira think they are. ;p

I agree. Not doubting the stages themselves, just the guesses.

I really don’t understand X-Kira sometimes. He could have a perfectly fine reputation if he just reported on what he found in the patches. What about “LDX” says “remake of Birdie’s stage from Alpha 2”? It could be a Union Station variant for all we know, or even something entirely new.

Yeah, Union Square variant makes sense. Birdie's stage from Alpha 2 makes zero sense.

Ryce

There's also the issue of Birdie already having a stage, which happens to be a London train station with punk rockers and a bathroom stage KO. A separate London bathroom stage feels completely redundant, and development efforts would be better spent on literally any other location. It's not impossible, but it doesn't seem right to me.

Blueblur1

I just noticed there's only 27 people registered for the EU Finals' LCQ tournament? That seems incredibly low for an open bracket tournament that could potentially culminate in someone winning the EU Finals (and making it to Capcom Cup). Is there still time to register or has the EU scene stopped caring?

Or is there some other hurdle that I'm not aware of?

Edit: Forgot to post the bracket link.

http://challonge.com/CPTMGW17

MrCarter

I just noticed there's only 27 people registered for the EU Finals' LCQ tournament? That seems incredibly low for an open bracket tournament that could potentially culminate in someone winning the EU Finals (and making it to Capcom Cup). Is there still time to register or has the EU scene stopped caring?

Is it ranking or premier event? When I recently when to EGX Premier event in the UK it was packed as usual so don’t think they have stopped caring however there definitely was less international presence here this year.

Blueblur1

Is it ranking or premier event? When I recently when to EGX Premier event in the UK it was packed as usual so don't think they have stopped caring however there definitely was less international presence here this year.

The Finals LCQ don't grant points but lands you a spot in the Regional Finals (which is just a top 8 bracket with the top 7 placers from the respective region's Ranking leaderboard). Its open bracket and if you have a hot streak you could get into Capcom Cup. I don't see why EU would skip it which is why I'm surprised.

Edit: Could it be because its in Milan????

There are a few other events this weekend IIRC. Things are getting spread thin, which is kinda nice because it leaves the floor open for other players to swoop on in.

Blueblur1

There are a few other events this weekend IIRC. Things are getting spread thin, which is kinda nice because it leaves the floor open for other players to swoop on in.

The other events are in other regions though. And according to the CPT site, no EU players are going to those. So the question remains, why aren't more EU players going to the EU Finals LCQ?

Where are the German players, UK dudes, Cobelcog and other Irish players? Where's Wil2pac and other French players? Its weird.

LakeEarth

What was your bullshit.....I mean strategy?
Not who you were asking. I've beaten hard with spamming Urien's knee dive (which they don't often block) and Rashid's heavy eagle spike (pause trick to beat Ryu). I haven't attempted Extreme though, I don't want to feel the heartbreak of losing an hour of my life (per failed attempt).

Blueblur1

I pinged Acekingoffsuit and he mentioned that the EU Finals has on-site registration so maybe that’s why reg numbers are so low right now.

MechaX

Of course after complaining about how Cammy doesn't really get cool costume love, they drop like 3 on me at once.

But goddamn, they will never run out of costumes for Chun.

Top Bottom