• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

It's the beginning of the end.

Arcade Mode coming soon.
Sagat coming soon.
Relaunch coming soon.

The haters really will finally be left behind.

Weren't there actually a bunch of ranks found in the game? I specifically remember seeing a rank called "Hero" and thinking "lol that sounds dumb".

Blueblur1

I can see Zeku and a new stage or costumes being revealed on the Twitch stream with the release set for the last Tuesday of this month.

I am legitimately curious as to what they'll do for the new V-Triggers/V-Skills if it's true.

Who knows, that could be what FANG needs to climb into the bottom of the mid tier.

Surfside

Banned
Probably let you do V-Trigger cancels if you didn't have full bar at the cost of one meter.

Given conservation of inputs, it'd need to overlap with V-Trigger.

Ah so you exchange one for the other. I like the sound of it, hopefully something like this comes to fruition.

MCD250

Probably let you do V-Trigger cancels if you didn't have full bar at the cost of one meter.

Given conservation of inputs, it'd need to overlap with V-Trigger.
As in, let you get the frame data effects of V-Trigger cancel without getting V-Trigger?

That's actually what makes me believe that it's true, it sounds exactly like something Capcpom would do.

Add an offensive mechanic when people are asking for defensive ones.

MCD250

Yeah. But I'm really not sure if the game needs an offensive mechanic right now. :p
What I was gonna say. I personally actually like the offensive nature of the game a lot, but I feel like if they're going to add systems to protect yourself, they should be aimed towards helping the person getting wailed on, not the one doing the wailing so that if they happen to do something stupid and unsafe they can't just pop and keep going.

Yeah. But I'm really not sure if the game needs an offensive mechanic right now. :p

Yeah, thats really doubling down. Plus whos going for v trigger when you if you could v cancel punish jumps, zoning, and/or juice up your combos? No one would ever save their meter.
But, if v cancel is a burst...

Sayad

what? How is that a buff?
Because confirming after regular counter hit st.HP will be easier and open up more combo option than confirming after st.HP CC, increased push back really ruin the move as a CC. Only thing that will get nerfed is not being able to do CC st.HP into st.HP after an MK command dash.

who won evo

PUNK IS STILL BEST

Yeah, thats really doubling down. Plus whos going for v trigger when you if you could v cancel punish jumps, zoning, and/or juice up your combos? No one would ever save their meter.
But, if v cancel is a burst...

Getting a few more hits sometimes isn't better than being able to close out the round with an AR combo. It would a). force people to think about their meter usage more, making the game more strategic and b). add more depth and cool shit to the game, giving it more flavor.

As a defensive measure, it could make shit safe, so maybe you could spend a bar to get out of a potentially harmful situation, which would help nullify some of the bullshit if you could v-cancel and then backdash or something. I don't know about bursts being in SFV though.

You don't need to block when your opponent is already KO'd.

/guy pointing at head meme .jpg

his name is rollsafe

247.gif

Rymuth

That's actually what makes me believe that it's true, it sounds exactly like something Capcpom would do.

Add an offensive mechanic when people are asking for defensive ones.

"The best defense is a good offense." - Sung Zu

You need to brush up on your War Art, mate.

I'm such a nice guy, helping everyone towards their casual wins fight money mission today.
Why I've lost 15 matches straight, even to dumbass stuff like an eternally crossup using Akuma where I can't even time Kolin counters the one time I actually know exactly what was coming EVERYTIME.

Urrrgh, I feel like this was anything but casual, judging by character levels I'm facing a swathe of mains, I thought this was where you used more secondary characters guys! Also shows that I never stick to one character enough, I tend to hop about to my detriment.

Finally got one win (within two losses) when I switched to ranked with Vega but boy I was playing like absolute piss today, couldn't deal with defensive players, definitely couldn't deal with aggressive.

As an aside I finally got to play skies of honour and boy, I had to take an entire round adjusting my eyes, no wonder it ain't legal.

Teh Lurv

Getting a few more hits sometimes isn't better than being able to close out the round with an AR combo. It would a). force people to think about their meter usage more, making the game more strategic and b). add more depth and cool shit to the game, giving it more flavor.

1-bar V-Cancels would certainly help alleviate the criticism that there is no creatively in combos in SFV, though Romars is right about V-Cancels overpowering the weaker V-Triggers currently in the game. Characters like FANG would definitely need a buff to keep their triggers from becoming totally worthless.

what did punk get at scr?

1st.

In my heart.

1-bar V-Cancels would certainly help alleviate the criticism that there is no creatively in combos in SFV, though Romars is right about V-Cancels overpowering the weaker V-Triggers currently in the game. Characters like FANG would definitely need a buff to keep their triggers from becoming totally worthless.

Yeah, my post should have clarified that there needs to be buffs or altered toolsets to compliment the existing formats.

MrCarter

Oh gosh the toxicity for MvCi is beyond ridiculous on gamers side now. Can’t even go into these threads anymore without cringing. And I don’t even play the game.

Top Bottom