• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Oh hai arcade mode.
Arcade mode - choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games
Gallery - unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through arcade mode
Extra battle - complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018
New v-triggers - each character will have two v-triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system
New visuals - the user interface is being redesigned with new Color schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-ps4-listed-amazon

Scotia

Banned

pickard-sploding.gif

Amazon pre-listing don't always drop all of the information. Remember, there's still a few modes we gotta get (like the car busting thing).

Still, that's a lotta content.

MrCarter

Why are you defending the game when you didn't even play the game? Is it safe to assume that you didn't even buy the game?

Not defending it just appalled at the reaction by people on gamers side towards it. I’m definitely buying the game when the first 6 DLC characters are included in the base game though.

Also...

ARCADE EDITION LET’S GO!

I can’t wait to see (if it’s true) the new illustrations and triggers.

While they're updating the UI, I really hope they just plop a notice board of some kind on the main menu instead of giving players prompts to okay through at the start of the game. They made tournament announcements like that in the past, it's just not good.

Hutchie

Gallery mode = arcade endings? Please let arcade mode by third strike style.

Also are they gonna add new techniques? Think its time for more technical additions to the game

MrCarter

Amazon pre-listing don't always drop all of the information. Remember, there's still a few modes we gotta get (like the car busting thing).

Still, that's a lotta content.

I don’t understand. Is this listing on Amazon very likely to become true? I want to believe but Capcom have made me apprehensive with this game. If it’s true, I think it’s a fantastic way of releasing a new version of the game that addresses a lot of the issues it has had for a while. Let’s hope the netcode gets better too.

I don’t understand. Is this listing on Amazon very likely to become true? I want to believe but Capcom have made me apprehensive with this game. If it’s true, I think it’s a fantastic way of releasing a new version of the game that addresses a lot of the issues it has had for a while. Let’s hope the netcode gets better too.

Amazon leaks are usually legit. Darksiders 3 was leaked via Amazon so I'm sure this is on point. Furthermore it leaves shit out so there's probably more on the way.

Sayad

Got posted in both FG Gaf and MvCI threads already, but some here might have missed it:

Upcoming Unreal Engine 4 update improves latency by 66ms for 30fps games and 33ms for 60fps games(rounds up to about 2 frames), SFV, MVCI, Tekken 7, Arika's game and maybe DBFZ might benefit from this!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443233

This could potentially improve input delay by up to two frames in SFV, though updating the engine your game is running on could take a while.

jett

D-Member
In before the shitstorm from douchebags that never bought (or will buy) SFV when it's revealed the new modes won't come for free to regular owners, lul.

Most of the particle effects, and the stages all look terrific. Even the newer characters look pretty good too.

It's mainly the models of all the returning characters that are just.. eww.

Most of the models look pretty nice from the average gameplay perspective, to be honest.

The original leak included new CAs, V-Skills, and V-Triggers

The original leak was X-Kira making one hundred assumptions.

Pompadour

New visuals - the user interface is being redesigned with new Color schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects

I'm guessing this is just new "ROUND 1" and "K.O" graphics but I really hope this means character specific intros are returning and they're adding more stage K.O.s.

In before the shitstorm from douchebags that never bought (or will buy) SFV when it's revealed the new modes won't come for free to regular owners, lul.

I don't believe that will happen. Capcom was pretty adamant that any gameplay stuff would be free for everyone.

jett

D-Member
I'm guessing this is just new "ROUND 1" and "K.O" graphics but I really hope this means character specific intros are returning and they're adding more stage K.O.s.

I don't believe that will happen. Capcom was pretty adamant that any gameplay stuff would be free for everyone.

I think they were adamant you wouldn't need to buy another version of the game.

You absolutely won't need to buy Arcade Edition to get gameplay and presentation changes. This extra single-player stuff though, who knows.

Scotia

Banned
Guys I'm now excited for the NYCC panel send help.

I'm not expecting much at NYCC, probably some costumes for Chun Li. The panel at SDCC was a giant waste of time and that was for the 30th anniversary. The big announcements probably won't be till PSX/Capcom Cup.

I think they were adamant you wouldn't need to buy another version of the game.

You absolutely won't need to buy Arcade Edition to get gameplay and presentation changes. This extra single-player stuff though, who knows.
No they said all gameplay related content would be earnable.
New modes are gameplay related content.

MrCarter

From the Amazon page.

Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PS4 and PC Cross-Platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base. The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title. All of the post launch gameplay content, such as the DLC characters in Street Fighter V, is earnable completely free of charge through completing various in-game challenges and receiving earned in-game currency, called fight money. For those who just can't wait to unlock each piece of new content, content can also be obtained instantly using purchased in-game currency.

jett

D-Member
How is earnable vs paid only same difference?

If you don't have FM, or have exhausted the major means for getting it, it's not really all that earnable anymore, unless you're okay with waiting several months while you get your weekly 6k from challenges.
Look, the thing is, I think it's gonna cost. Either just real money or the chance to unlock it with FM.

From the Amazon page.

That doesn't at all contradict what I'm saying. These single-player modes are completely superfluous.

Top Bottom