• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Oh gosh the toxicity for MvCi is beyond ridiculous on gamers side now. Can’t even go into these threads anymore without cringing. And I don’t even play the game.

Apparently a youtuber made a video on MvCI's development troubles claiming to be an insider but the threadgoers are exposing it as BS, lmao.

FireSol

Oh gosh the toxicity for MvCi is beyond ridiculous on gamers side now. Can’t even go into these threads anymore without cringing. And I don’t even play the game.

It's very sad. As a person who went all the way from hating MvCi to enjoying a lot, I cant understand these people...especially ones who happy to the fact that game not going well

FSLink

Banned
It's very sad. As a person who went all the way from hating MvCi to enjoying a lot, I cant understand these people...especially ones who happy to the fact that game not going well
Yeah, it's one thing to go "welp Capcom brought it upon themselves" and another to go LOL I KNEW THIS GAME WOULD BE A DUMPSTER FIRE HAHA

nded

Gotta hand it to Capcom. Even when their fighting games aren't doing well, they're all anyone will talk about.

add super crush counters to the game

happens when you CC an opponent fierce

stun bar fills up to 100% instantly and the opponent gets stunned
They should also allow you to Ultra Crush Counter Alex's CCs. It'll just K.O him instantly saving everyone time.

Whales

Banned
add super crush counters to the game

happens when you CC an opponent fierce

stun bar fills up to 100% instantly and the opponent gets stunned

Trickster

ugh. My fightstick settings got messed up because I had unplugged it from my pc. Now it doesn't register my directional inputs no matter what I try.

Edit - fixed it

MrCarter

Yeah, it's one thing to go "welp Capcom brought it upon themselves" and another to go LOL I KNEW THIS GAME WOULD BE A DUMPSTER FIRE HAHA

It seems most of those reactions are from people who don’t like Capcom fighters/games being the most popular among the FGC? Envious toxicity can do crazy things to an individual.

FluxWaveZ

I'm happy the game is not doing well, as someone who bought it day 1 and is playing it a fair amount (and plans to play it way more in the near future). Glad the market didn't bite for this half-assed approach in everything but gameplay. Can't just coast through by name alone, and is proof that developers will carry forward that fighting games need to be all-around quality and not just rely on their legacy to be well received.

It's fine that it shouldn't do well. Already they've stepped up their pr because it was balls. People need to get angry about not splitting up the dlc because that's kinda silly.

However a YouTuber with conflicting evidence that's literally right in the game isn't good criticism, it's just shitposting. He could be right or wrong, but the fact that people are more engaged in believing something so flimsy when they'd usually be needed more receipts is pretty telling. If Liam has more evidence, fair game, but saying the cast has reused models when most of them, better or worse look switched up makes no sense. But it's the internet

Shadoken

If MvC is truly as low budget as rumors claim. Isnt that actually good news? That would mean they need to sell very little copies to turn a profit and hence support the game more.

Also what is this obligation that Capcom has to spend a bajillion bucks on a fighting game. If I were an investor I would want Capcom to spend more money on more successful franchises like RE and MH rather than a niche genre like fighting games.

There is a big difference between what we want as fans and what a Company needs to do to survive. Capcom went from being almost bankrupt to making safe bet HD Re-releases to actually making games again. I'd say thats an actual turnaround.

It seems most of those reactions are from people who don't like Capcom fighters/games being the most popular among the FGC? Envious toxicity can do crazy things to an individual.

Seems like its true.

There are tons of other low budget games out there. You dont see those games getting so much shit.

It was based on some rumour started by someone at gamespot I think.

Meanwhile their financial reports showed they literally didn't have a single year since 2008 where they didn't have profits. There was a dip later, because of a lack of releases, but still profits even then.

Shadoken

Welp. It doesnt look like any of their recent big titles are going to meet expectations tho SFV,RE7 and now MvC.

So hopefully those expectations are bloated or they are gonna have a period without profit soon.

pHand

So Undercover Cop Chun-Li with jacket off is basically Lara Croft. Don't you just want to protect her?

9wlKygO.jpg

MrCarter

Idk I recall threads on Gaf saying they were in very bad state after all their mobile stuff failed. Could have been fake news , who knows. But I doubt they are as healthy as the other AAA publishers out there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674369&page=1

Not quite.

Capcom Co., Ltd. today announced that net sales increased to 87,170 million yen in its consolidated business results for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017 (up 13.2% year-over-year). Operating income was 13,650 million yen (up 13.5% year-over-year), and ordinary income was 12,589 million yen (up 10.9% year-over-year). Net income attributable to owners of the parent increased to 8,879 million yen (up 14.6% year-over-year).

During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017, titles from the Digital Contents business gave a solid performance; this included Resident Evil 7 biohazard, which features the ability to play the full game in the included optional PSVR Mode for PS4, as well as Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross), the latest title in the hit series. Current-generation console ports of Resident Evil titles from our back catalog also performed well. Further, our Amusement Equipments business scored a major hit with the pachislo machine Monster Hunter Kyoryu Sensen, which sold thirty-seven thousand units.

kikiribu

He asked for it. Said on discord that he was sick of the FGC GAF negativity and asked to be banned until PSX.
Maybe the character shaming got old. He plays Ibuki, right?

Lol seriously though, that kinda seems normal. I used to see comments being thrown around in other places about this forum being full of “pessimistic gamers.” It’s not true since you can’t really say that about everyone, but it is true that there’s a lot of extreme sarcasm that can (and will) be interpreted as negativity a lot of the time, I guess. Comes with typical internet territory though, not just on FGC side. It’s everywhere. The few times I’ve clicked on a Reddit link it seemed a lot worse though

I wanna take her to Foot Locker.
For real, I wanna get her some Crocs

MrCarter

Not bad ... no excuse for going budget mode on mahvel then. Unless Disney was putting a hefty price on the license.

I don’t think it works like that. Big game company’s can only stretch budget across titles as far as they can. In this case, they decided MvCi wasn’t worth it for some bizarre reason.

Shadoken

I don't think it works like that. Big game company's can only stretch budget across titles as far as they can. In this case, they decided MvCi wasn't worth it for some bizarre reason.

Yea its weird but understandable. Fighting games are a risky genre anyway.

Lol seriously though, that kinda seems normal. I used to see comments being thrown around in other places about this forum being full of ”pessimistic gamers." It's not true since you can't really say that about everyone, but it is true that there's a lot of extreme sarcasm that can (and will) be interpreted as negativity a lot of the time, I guess. Comes with typical internet territory though, not just on FGC side. It's everywhere. The few times I've clicked on a Reddit link it seemed a lot worse though
For real, I wanna get her some Crocs

It just keeps getting worse and worse. Though Gaf used to be better. The gaming side is just like any other internet forum now. With extreme comments/opinions about any news.

Its like people are just waiting for someone to post something wrong , so they can jump on and burn them.

And you're the only one I've seen online complain about Urien st.HP being a problem on wake up!

It's a good button. The problem is his KDA and how safe it is. You act like I want that move to be slower and be useless.

What it does right now makes normal and back recovery useless as he has the option to throw that gives him another St.hp or to CC if the opponent decide to press a button. And before you say "don't quick rise" he can still dash forward and do the charged St.hp.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Why are you defending the game when you didn't even play the game? Is it safe to assume that you didn't even buy the game?

Femto.

The game that had 50 characters at launch with a post release graphics update?

KOF14 isn't a technical benchmark but at least the art direction is really nice, animates well and engine performance is solid.

Not hating, in fact more people should play it.

You do have a point about the 50 chars. Even with the shitty art style, MvC:i would probably have fared better with that big of a launch roster.

Most of the particle effects, and the stages all look terrific. Even the newer characters look pretty good too.

It's mainly the models of all the returning characters that are just.. eww.

The character appearances in Infinite never bothered me, but the general UI could've definitely used some more polish passes to not look as basic as they do. The roster count is fine to me, it's just that the roster itself is so stale. You could work with a roster smaller than vanilla Marvel 3, but they've got to make up for that in freshness, you can't just take mostly Marvel 3 characters, then chop off the remainder, and expect results.

What killed KOF14 for me was releasing so late on PC but pricing it as if it was new. You can't play me like that SNK.

Sayad

It's a good button. The problem is his KDA and how safe it is. You act like I want that move to be slower and be useless.

What it does right now makes normal and back recovery useless as he has the option to throw that gives him another St.hp or to CC if the opponent decide to press a button. And before you say "don't quick rise" he can still dash forward and do the charged St.hp.
The timing for st.HP after his tackle juggle bnb is always the same if he want it to cover both quick and back recovery, he have to hold it for few frames but not fully charge it.
Something with as much specific timing as that is not really a mixup, block > delay tech will get you out of 100% of the mixup you're describing. You either throw tech if he goes for a throw or block the st.HP in both cases you're out of the st.HP "mixup" and he need to start doing other things, of course he'll keep spamming it if you keep going for wake up jabs though.

And Urien's st.HP is not the only thing in the game that can cover both quick and back recovery that it's so OP it need to be nerfed.

lupinko

Is Chunners worth playing as a casual character? I currently only play Guile and Cammy (the former is the only character I play in Ranked and the latter was exiled to casual only).

I have almost all her costumes so I figured why not?

Moaradin

Is Chunners worth playing as a casual character? I currently only play Guile and Cammy (the former is the only character I play in Ranked and the latter was exiled to casual only).

I have almost all her costumes so I figured why not?

Of course. She's a solid character.

Top Bottom