• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

dawgparty

challenge03.jpg

OK I'm blanking, who is that in the Viewtiful Joe costume?

So happy...definitely jumping back in with this update.

I hope we get a million new players!!!!

Capcom get the balance right please and buff defense, this will become the best SF IMO.

Also called a while ago that everyone will get a 2&3 bar trigger and it will help you player the character opposite of what they currently are. My defensive ken may yet get to live and hopefully rewards Momochi’s natural playstyle more so I can learn from him.

Really excited to jump back in, just need more info on the meta changes.

Also called a while ago that everyone will get a 2&3 bar trigger and it will help you player the character opposite of what they currently are. My defensive ken may yet get to live and hopefully rewards Momochi’s natural playstyle more so I can learn from him.

Really excited to jump back in, just need more info on the meta changes.

I don't think that's the case though. It seems like both of Ryu's are 2-bar:

V200.jpg

uF9vdmD.gif

Well, Birdie's new V-Trigger is 3bars too.
oh really, we already have info or that a screen?

Yeah balance will need to be taken into account. But generally they should all make the characters play differently.

Looks like 2-3 is off, but hopefully my offense/defense theory isn’t lol

OK that link makes me want to start playing again. Got a few games to get through but want to get back in at somepoint.

Mikas new v-trigger could be a 3 bar that simply adapts some of her moves for a short period of time (adds wall bounce anywhere back in, wingless aero becomes air invincible, maybe her throws have Nads come in and follow up and add a juggle potential). I think there is potential for something like that.

Teh Lurv

Hopefully new V-Triggers means the existing ones are going to get some balance adjustments to stay competitive. I can't think what Capcom could add that would make people want to give up Urien or Balrog's default trigger.

Also called a while ago that everyone will get a 2&3 bar trigger and it will help you player the character opposite of what they currently are.

I think limiting characters to one two-bar and one three-bar trigger is a bad idea, balance wise. It's more important for them to keep their balance options open.

MCD250

I'm not a fan of the new character select screen. UI is whatever to me but the gold is bit too much
Yeah, it looks kinda tacky. I think everything's a little too gold/shiny, including the new fonts they're using during matches and in menus and so for. Be nice if you could keep the current look as an optional thing.

Naarmight

Loving everything I am seeing, just hope it convinces my friends to start playing again, that is the main thing I have missed recently.

Do we dare believe Zeku tomorrow?

I have a feeling the Arcade mode you choose will limit your character selection. Capcom seems to be implying that every ending will be unique based on the character and path you choose, and that every single ending will be canon. As one can assume, that causes pretty serious issues.

Some images of note I saw:

arcade02.jpg

Barrel Buster mode in Abby's stage featuring Two P from Final Fight
arcade03.jpg

Ryu's SFII path ending
gallery03.jpg

Some SICK ASS SF1 artwork by Bengus
V201.jpg

Ryu's VT2 seems to be ability based, like Urien and Ibuki. Can't say for sure what it does though.
UI01.jpg
UI00.jpg

CSS and SSS, still featuring KenFace.png
Honestly surprised they remembered to block out Zeku's face.

Quick nitpick: Why is VT2 still red? The color should be made purple, green, or yellow so that it's easier to tell at a glance which VT they're using.

Edit: There are four characters in the SFI path. Ryu, Ken, and Birdie are the only SFI characters in the game. I wonder who the fourth could possibly be?

As Scotia pointed out in the discord, the new AE main menu has three exclamation marks in the 'Welcome to Street Fighter V' message. THE EXCLAMATION MARKS DENOTE SEASONS !!!
Edit: There are four characters in the SFI path. Ryu, Ken, and Birdie are the only SFI characters in the game. I wonder who the fourth could possibly be?
I heard there was this tiger loving character that might be added.

Blueblur1

Seems like we'll be getting classic characters next season for sure.

Sagat, Sakura, and at least two SF3 characters (judging by the 6 fights in the SF3 arcade ladder).

Really happy with this update. Might pull me back in, because it's been a while since I played. Loving the gaudy presentation. It's hella cheesy but it's better than the super plain shit they had before. New V-Triggers is a step in the right direction too. Now if we could get some more supers, that'd be awesome.

Ryce

No way they would do that......

This is Capcom though. D-:
All of the arcade opponents add up to 47, so there's obviously going to be some repeats between games. The roster is currently at 27, and it'll be at 29 when Arcade Edition releases.

Neoxon

Seems like we'll be getting classic characters next season for sure.

Sagat, Sakura, and at least two SF3 characters (judging by the 6 fights in the SF3 arcade ladder).
Wasn’t there a rumor about 4 free DLC characters (3 of which being SFIII)?

That said, I could see them repeating characters.

Syntsui

Now I believe that MvC:I was made with half the budget of SFV DLCs, all of this looks incredible. I really hope the game gets some traction with the casuals.

Blueblur1

All of the arcade opponents add up to 47, so there's obviously going to be some repeats between games. The roster is currently at 27, and it'll be at 29 when Arcade Edition releases.

Hmmm.. They're definitely doubling up then. I guess they'll repeat stages, too?

The game doesn't have enough remade stages for all of these games.

HardRojo

Capcom really outdid themselves with this announcement, and Ono said they're working on more stuff for this update so it'll probably be even meatier than it looks. Can't wait for more info!
to not be shown till 2 months from now.

FSLink

Banned
Hmmm.. They're definitely doubling up then. I guess they'll repeat stages, too?

The game doesn't have enough remade stages for all of these games.

Well considering there's rumors of Urien's stage and a few others also coming soon, it'll be fine.

It looks a lot like Focus Attack to me. VT2 giving Focus and FADC would be neat. But I don't think it is focus due to the lack of ink, that always shows up whenever FA shows up out of SF4.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

28 characters (after S1/S2) and X-Kira found 26 more slots for characters so I guess they might slowly update arcade modes with future characters.

Capcom really outdid themselves with this announcement, and Ono said they're working on more stuff for this update so it'll probably be even meatier than it looks. Can't wait for more info!
to not be shown till 2 months from now.

Yeah, the update was pretty hype.

Blueblur1

Well considering there's rumors of Urien's stage and a few others also coming soon, it'll be fine.

Oh snap, X-Kira did mention a Urien stage and Ibuki stage. He also recently specified that some Alpha stages were coming back like Nash's stage. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Top Bottom