• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Do you guys enjoy your bad character match ups? As a Birdie I just love getting matched with Guile. For a while it used to be such an exhausting slog just getting in but now I always get a sick buzz from it.

To be honest its kinda great. I have an awesome excuse for if I lose. And if I win then its clearly because I am amazing.

As a Mika player, when ever I get matched against gief I just laugh and go fuck it and see what happens. Guile less so because that can be a boring match if they play a certain way. But yeah I dont mind bad match ups. Its not like I take the game super seriously anyway.

Wow, you probably don't uninstall the game constantly either. Or RQ. Or send salty messages.

Eww

Lol all true, I dont. I have just had another several month long break. Will prob just play on and off till AE and then get back in.

I have uninstalled zero times so im total casual. Pretty sure amount of times uninstalled directly correlates to how serious business you are.

bubumiao

I have uninstalled zero times so im total casual. Pretty sure amount of times uninstalled directly correlates to how serious business you are.

Or how much of a lame ass you are. It's a game, holy shit. I can't even begin to understand rage quitters. Yet, I know it's a real thing (I've experienced it plenty of times). Some people are just sore losers I guess?

Or how much of a lame ass you are. It's a game, holy shit. I can't even begin to understand rage quitters. Yet, I know it's a real thing (I've experienced it plenty of times). Some people are just sore losers I guess?

I also will never understand rage quiting. Drop the controller let em win if you need to but pulling the plug is just odd to me. But people are different. i guess some people get satisfaction in denying there opponent that 50 FM or rank points if they are in ranked.

I think ive RQ a total of 3 times in SFV.

Once in the beta after getting matched up with the same laggy Vega 5 times in a row.

Second a few months ago against a Ken player who fucking triggered me with his random ass leading to the longest period ive gone without playing. It was ranked so he got his points.

Third was in a battle lounge against a rollbacky Ken who then switched to Karin and had the infallible strategy of cr.mk xx spin or just medium spin or doing the low after the spin.

I regret only one of those disconnects.

Marvel

could never
I have RQ only once. Player was from HongKong and it was literally unplayable, very similar to what you see during spectating when it tries to catch up to live feed. Complete waste of time.

This was during the first few months of the game's launch.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Same. I got so many people rage quit and salty messages with my T.Hawk and Gief during SSF4 and USFIV. That was fun.

However My Hakan rarely get any. They usually disconnect when I used Ultra 2 on them. (Ant Air Ultra right?)

Oddly enough, during SFV it was rare to get salty messages but ragequits were so uncommon but why people rage quit in casual matches or lobby matches? I got numbers of that.

I have RQ only once. Player was from HongKong and it was literally unplayable, very similar to what you see during spectating when it trues to catch up to live feed.

This was during the first few months of the game's launch.

Im not sure I would consider quiting in that way because of lag a RQ. If I play someone and they quit somewhere random like the middle of round 1 I normally just assume they had a bad connection. I think thats fair. Personally, if that happens to me, I just go random on the controller or just put the controller down. But its not really a rage quit.

kikiribu

is there a way to select the default costume that appears on characters in single player modes like Survival?
You can for General Story and Character Story (in Costume Settings).

You can’t change the CPU wearing their default costumes in Survival though.

Beckx

You can for General Story and Character Story (in Costume Settings).

You can’t change the CPU wearing their default costumes in Survival though.

ah, bummer. changing the costume massively improves some of the characters' appearance (both quality and the overall art style). like alex nostalgia is so much better than just base alex.

kikiribu

ah, bummer. changing the costume massively improves some of the characters' appearance (both quality and the overall art style). like alex nostalgia is so much better than just base alex.
I actually really like Colors 5 and 10 on Alex’s default since it gets rid of his McDonald’s happy meal hair and gives it a cooler sand-like color. His nostalgia alt is definitely the best though.

But none of the DLC characters even appear in Survival anyway. If they’re looking to improve the mode in the future (LOL Capcom please) they should add the DLC characters too and make that mode less torture/more fun to play.

If you're on PC you can mod the DLC costume over the default so that's the one that pops up.

Of course, you need to actually own the costume first, or else you're walking on some shaky ground...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

The point is moot because Alex doesn't appear in survival. No DLC character does.

edit: oops beaten

Beckx

The point is moot because Alex doesn't appear in survival. No DLC character does.

edit: oops beaten

sorry, help me out here, i'm not understanding why it matters that the example was wrong. are you saying I can change the costumes for the characters that do appear?

But none of the DLC characters even appear in Survival anyway. If they're looking to improve the mode in the future (LOL Capcom please) they should add the DLC characters too and make that mode less torture/more fun to play.

yeah, i'm just grinding it to get the FM for the stages i'm missing, i don't spend a ton of time with the game other than offline versus every so often.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
sorry, help me out here, i'm not understanding why it matters that the example was wrong. are you saying I can change the costumes for the characters that do appear?

yeah, i'm just grinding it to get the FM for the stages i'm missing, i don't spend a ton of time with the game other than offline versus every so often.
No, you're right, I misread your post as being specifically interested in Alex.

It's a bummer that you can't mix up the original cast's outfits, I agree.

Beckx

No, you're right, I misread your post as being specifically interested in Alex.

It's a bummer that you can't mix up the original cast's outfits, I agree.

mb on that, we're good. i haven't played the game enough and basically ya'll just made me realize that the survival grind is going to be a little worse because no DLC chars, haha

excited about the AE update so getting these things unlocked now while i have some time.

atmuh

I got this game at launch and played it for a bit, but then completely stopped until a week ago. Been really enjoying it but I feel like I'm way behind

I got this game at launch and played it for a bit, but then completely stopped until a week ago. Been really enjoying it but I feel like I'm way behind

If you train smart, you can catch up fairly quick. Depending on your existing standing with fighting games of course.

At lower levels, just block a lot and let the opponents hang themselves. Most will go for unsafe shit and just watch them act stupid while you punish.

delSai

I made an Ibuki rq in a casual match. Maybe the dude just didn't want to sit through my CA animation or somethin'.

I'm also debating whether or not buy the s2 pass, already got all of s1 with fight money
It will probably be cheap by the end of the year, so maybe wait just a bit.

I know people will think i'm crazy, but I really wish this game had a forward roll system like A2(always loved its 3-tier roll system) where you could escape corners. In a game where the stages are so short, dashes/moves that put you right back in their face, and easy mode buttons, it makes being cornered kind of stupid

Eh, then you are potentially putting the other person in the corner and just offloading it onto the other person.

I think v-reversals are the right idea, just need to be better.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
We're all way behind somebody. As long as you can find matches online don't stress about being inexperienced.

As for your interest in S2, definitely wait for the next sale to see what happens.

The corner should be a scary place but 80% of the cast shouldn't have the wall carry to get you there with one BnB, often meterless combo.

That's where having a decent defensive options comes in to stop the aggression, which I hope they implement not just with v-reversals.

Shadoken

Dont they always tweet or change their facebook avatar before a reveal. When was the last time they did a "surprise" reveal? without teasing it before.

kikiribu

Dont they always tweet or change their facebook avatar before a reveal. When was the last time they did a "surprise" reveal? without teasing it before.
Menat was the closest thing. She was teased just a few hours before her reveal and was released the same week.

Blueblur1

I know it's likely to be this month due to the Capcom Cup, but was there a rumor pointing towards a Zeku reveal this weekend?
Last week on the NYCC Twitch stream MvCI producer Mike Evans said that there would be an SFV announcement on Twitch next week. So we may or may not get content info this week. Who knows with Capcom though.

kikiribu

I don’t have a Twitter but the Street Fighter channel has been pretty active today with updates about Menat. My highly educated guess on this recent activity is that with this final bit of Menat information, they’re getting ready to change their avatar to Evil Zeku’s curse energy
I hate you Capcom

jett

D-Member
All of this week's missions suddenly expired for me while I was doing some trials.

What the fuck? The deadline for this shit is October 15 and 19th.

Top Bottom