• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Edzi

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Alex is fucking broken. I can't do anything agains't him as Mika, everything he does just wins

I know people will laugh at me because he's seen as weak, I don't care

I mean, I'm not gonna laugh at you, but you're being stupid. You're just salty, just like all your other posts. Just stop for a second and learn the matchup and you'll see what you can do better.

i'm so triggered right now

If this is not just some fringe oppinion. Could someone explain to me why Alex is considered weak then?

This has been explained a ton of times before. He's slow, has almost zero oki, damage isn't great, conversions are ass, vskill is ass, defense/vreversal is ass, etc, etc. Based on your posts/reactions, I'm guessing you're standing there mashing buttons and the Alex player is just getting free crush counters on you.

It could also be that you're just playing people who are straight up better than you, in which case the character and their general strength doesn't matter.

FluxWaveZ

It is seriously stupid how most of the cast cannot properly punish Necalli's -6 oH which crush counters and is also a button to bait throws. Who the fuck thinks of this stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Alex is fucking broken. I can't do anything agains't him as Mika, everything he does just wins

I know people will laugh at me because he's seen as weak, I don't care

Alex he's a downhill character, what i mean by that, with Alex you need to attack, attack all the time, gotta be relentless to win, the minute you want to play defense you are dead, Alex defense is among the worse in the game.. if you let Alex control the game you gonna die and fall for all his shitty moves, IMO any decent player shouldn't be getting caught by Alex's Head Crush the move is easy to stop, but if you getting caught by that, then the Alex player is controlling the game and are fucked...

mbpm1

It is seriously stupid how most of the cast cannot properly punish Necalli's -6 oH which crush counters and is also a button to bait throws. Who the fuck thinks of this stuff.
Lost to blocked oh > button whiffed > instant buffer cr hp into super one time

Feels bad

Edzi

Don't forget that it charges in trigger and becomes positive(?) on block.

LakeEarth

If this is not just some fringe oppinion. Could someone explain to me why Alex is considered weak then?

He has very poor defense. As a Mika player, this means that when you're on offense, he has to block, use his weak v-reversal, or random super. Those are his options.

On offense, he's okay. But the big thing that hurts him is that he lacks oki, meaning he doesn't get much of a mixup after he knocks you down, i.e. if he powerbombs you and then dashes forward, he's -2 and your jab will beat everything he tries. That's why Alex's like to do a light elbow after a powerbomb, because that hits meaty, and they're hoping to train you to block for when they inevitably do risk the forward dash.

bubumiao

I just watched this AE speculation video BornFree made and in regards to him bringing up the fact that X-Kira found more v reversals / skills /critical arts, I just don't understand why Capcom wouldn't be advertising this if it's indeed true?

https://youtu.be/4Rb7NMUG33M

Neoxon

I just watched this AE speculation video BornFree made and in regards to him bringing up the fact that X-Kira found more v reversals / skills /critical arts, I just don't understand why Capcom wouldn't be advertising this if it's indeed true?

If they aren’t in AE, it’s possible that Capcom’s leaving the door open in case they want to revisit the idea later by having the programming for more CAs, V-Skills, & V-Reversals already in the game.

kirblar

Because it appears Capcom's deliberately holding stuff back in order to dripfeed announcements leading up to the launch. Which is fine considering Zeku hasn't even had a trailer yet.

FluxWaveZ

Capcom has fucked up a lot when it comes to their messaging regarding SFV, but this is not one of those times. They've outright said they'll have more to announce regarding AE in the future. The thing's not out for 3 months, so they'll release info with (hopefully) proper timing. There's no hurry to announce everything there is immediately.

Though I wouldn't personally mind.

The trailer said there's more to come, and there's a good three months until AE comes out. Capcom could want to stagger out major info to keep it in the minds of consumers.

JusDoIt

Maybe Capcom has tested new VRs, VSs, and CAs on the backend, which would explain data being there for V-system additions, but we have no reason to believe we're getting anything but new V-Triggers.

JusDoIt

I think we’re supposed to get more details this week.

ono.jpg

There is very little reason for Capcom to list every single thing that will be there and then have nothing until release. It makes so much more sense to layer the info and keep interest instead of everyone losing their hype at a 100% info dump and a few months of nothing.

Do you guys enjoy your bad character match ups? As a Birdie I just love getting matched with Guile. For a while it used to be such an exhausting slog just getting in but now I always get a sick buzz from it.

Y'all need to stop being so goddamn thirsty, thing isn't out for 3 months, the last character still has to drop, and they mentioned more announcement in the future.

Just relax and stop giving a fuck about speculation based on thirsty ass mining.

MechaX

I just caught up on the Team Daigo v. Team Wong matches.

As someone who puts the most matches in as Cammy, I thank Kazunoko for doing the Lord's work. And the way he lost after his long ass streak was a total "I'm tired of playing, I need a break" kind of loss.

bubumiao

Y'all need to stop being so goddamn thirsty, thing isn't out for 3 months, the last character still has to drop, and they mentioned more announcement in the future.

Just relax and stop giving a fuck about speculation based on thirsty ass mining.
You should take your own advice.

Does that born free guy who always does interviews even play? He just kind of appeared out of nowhere doing videos and never once saw him touch a controller/stick

kikiribu

He's extremely passionate about the game and plays Akuma, but doesn't compete or stream. He's more into event coverage and player interviews.

JusDoIt

Does that born free guy who always does interviews even play? He just kind of appeared out of nowhere doing videos and never once saw him touch a controller/stick

He's a casual player. He's not a competitor. I've seen him play in person, so don't worry, he knows how to video game.

Village

I didn't know the announcer lady sometimes said random other shit

I'm playing a match, or the match is loading in rather, and then she's like " Rise Up" i'm like , I wish all the announcers in the game said more cool dumb shit like that. Or the announcer lady said shit referencing other fighting games.

Also remember when Xkira said that there would be costume codes for the non coded costumes, the first 3 outfits , it was a while ago. You think that's gonna be implemented with arcade edition?

I didn't know the announcer lady sometimes said random other shit

I'm playing a match, or the match is loading in rather, and then she's like " Rise Up" i'm like , I wish all the announcers in the game said more cool dumb shit like that. Or the announcer lady said shit referencing other fighting games.

Also remember when Xkira said that there would be costume codes for the non coded costumes, the first 3 outfits , it was a while ago. You think that's gonna be implemented with arcade edition?

Yeah the first time she told me Rise Up I was surprised. I've only heard it once though.

fionel

The announcer is bugged. Every single time I face a Laura/Dhalsim she would say "this is your 10th match against Laura/Dhalsim". It's been like this for me since the announcer was put in the game.

I'm getting by replaying some old games in my steam catalog. Metal Gear Rising is impressive as it was the first time around and this time I'll actually finish Falllout 3 and finally move on to Vegas. Gotta play Wolfenstein as well, so I can properly enjoy the sequel this winter. TEW2 and Nier Automata are probably going to make me forget everything until season 3 and I really am thankful for that because I don't want to wait in anticipation until January.

Village

one time she was like " good luck " and i'm like I wish you said more shit like that rather than you have faced ken the billionth time

bubumiao

TEW2 and Nier Automata are probably going to make me forget everything until season 3 and I really am thankful for that because I don't want to wait in anticipation until January.
Do you have an SNES Classic Edition? I haven't played PS4 in 2 weeks. It's all I've been thinking about besides my Bae.

I wish she said stuff after the match was over

"Get rekt"

"You are officially a scrub"

"LI Joe plays better with one hand"

"BrolyLegs plays better with no hands"

Surfside

Banned
Do you guys enjoy your bad character match ups? As a Birdie I just love getting matched with Guile. For a while it used to be such an exhausting slog just getting in but now I always get a sick buzz from it.

Well i wouldn't say i enjoy them. More like i don't get anxious anymore. I concentrate more on the player behind the character, kinda get into their head and make myself seem stronger than i really am. This usually works much better against high rank players, for some reason. Like with Kens who would normally wait for me to use my Kikoken as a spacing tool. And if you don't do what they expect you to do, well they become more cautious and it becomes a cat and mouse game.

Bad matchups mean you can make less errors then usual.
You have to know which buttons to press at the exact time, really. And the only way to do that is if you had extensive lab time with said character. I only had long times in the lab with 3 chars as of yet. It just takes too much time as you need to make yourself familiar with the character. I much rather learn shit that's universal, for now at least.

Top Bottom