• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Pachinko

I'm not having any issues. What are some issues people run in to?

Well my issue is that I get slow down when I run the game at 4K no matter what I do , it tends to only effect certain stages (akumas thunderstorm and the beach seem to be the worst offenders) OR you can play the game with vsync turned off which means there is screen tearing literally everywhere constantly- characters moves, jittering across the background , it just looks bad. Not to mention that I can't turn any settings up higher than medium without further performance hits.

After months of playing around with settings I've just given up on playing it a native res (though it does look glorious when it works). Instead it leave vsync on , max all the settings out and play it at 1440p and have no issues outside of that weird second of chop during win poses, which may well partially be that vsync problem. I have a 6700k paried with 2X1070 GPUS that should run this game with plenty of headroom at 4K but clearly there's some kind of driver issue or somethings up with the game itself. I mean, it's a nice looking game for sure but it's not so nice that it should be bringing my rig down that bad. Even a single 1070 should be able to handle 4K with medium settings so it could even just be an SLI related problem too.

I hope it gets fixed some day or that someone finds a fix better then turning it into a screen tearing filled mess because 4K looks so nice that I really did spend a fair bit of time just dealing with all the setbacks involved with playing it to keep those extra pixels but ... I finally had enough.

And wifi please it makes a huge difference, id rather play a person on the other side of the continent with wired connection than a person on the next the block with wifi connection

Is there a way for the game to know the difference? Serious question. Are there any games where you can see who's on wired or wifi?

Newbie checking in. Got SFV over the weekend and I finally put some time into it! Haven't played SF since SF3. I forget everything except Hadoken. I completed Ryu's character story. Got to level 8 somehow and got 10K of fight money.

Is there a way for the game to know the difference? Serious question. Are there any games where you can see who's on wired or wifi?

Injustice 2 tells you whether your opponent is wired or on Wi-Fi.

If nothing else, it proves that games CAN get that information from the system (the consoles at least, not sure how doable it is on PC)

IJ2 kinda cheats and reads it off of the console itself, right? I wonder if there's a way for the game to read the connection quality at a detailed level (like Black Ops 3, if you're familiar with network settings in that game) and determine your connection type based on packet loss.

IJ2 kinda cheats and reads it off of the console itself, right?
yes, I believe so.

But really, how often are you going to be seeing someone who's hacked or modified the console to send a false report (Is that even doable?). It's arguably the most efficient way of doing this right now.

yes, I believe so.

But really, how often are you going to be seeing someone who's hacked or modified the console to send a false report (Is that even doable?). It's arguably the most efficient way of doing this right now.

Somebody connected to a wifi bridge would also show up as wired, but that is probably not that common.

Plus it's important to remember that IJ2's netcode is actually well made so lag, de-sync, rollback and slowdowns occur for BOTH players. You're putting yourself almost at the same disadvantage as your opponent if you lag switch or if you're connection's just generally shitty.

Marvel

could never
Injustice 2 tells you whether your opponent is wired or on Wi-Fi
a0g810bl

It'd be awesome if one day Capcpom released a High-Rex Texture pack. It'd really be something if the PC versions could have the stages looking more like the renders we've seen.

Also in other news, I recently reinstalled the last major SF game to feature Sagat. I had honestly forgotten just how fun the Tekken cast was in that game, and now having played more Tekken they really stayed true to their characters. It's such a fucking shame the horrible DLC practices and the stupid fucking gem system. The game could have been something legitimately good and could have had a life in the FGC. But by the time they fixed a lot of the issues, it was too little too late :(

I've mentioned it before but it really is scary how many times Capcpom keep repeating their mistakes.

They need to better optimize the netcode before improving the graphics.

The PS4 has already enough trouble with it's CPU causing the game to desync against PC and possibly the PS4 Pro on boost mode. It doesn't help either when there is no benchmark tool liki in Killer Instinc.

I'm just totally lost in neutral with her lol

I guess if what you say is true neutral isn't where i should even be trying to get damage and instead only when I'm planning my next devious jump or dash

This is...totally outside my comfort zone. I kinda want to give up...but I think I'll keep trying

Almost 2000 lp loss trying to play Laura in neutral. Man

:lul:

MrCarter

Also in other news, I recently reinstalled the last major SF game to feature Sagat. I had honestly forgotten just how fun the Tekken cast was in that game, and now having played more Tekken they really stayed true to their characters. It's such a fucking shame the horrible DLC practices and the stupid fucking gem system. The game could have been something legitimately good and could have had a life in the FGC. But by the time they fixed a lot of the issues, it was too little too late :(

Lily was amazing to play. She had style, grace and was extremely powerful.

I know it was a massive shame. I remember how hyped I was when the game was first revealed and then it ended up being a damp squib. The Tekken characters were even better animated than their own franchise at that time.

Jesus Christ Rashid eats Abigail for free.
Character that has absolute garbage defense outside of V-Trigger and especially in the corner versus character that excels at putting enemies in the corner and pressuring them constantly.

I honestly feel like I have it pretty good against Rashid in the form of FANG. He has decently range normals, good AA options to deal with some of his shenanigans and a hit invulnerable move to get out of the corner as well as a V-reversal that accomplishes the same thing.

Yeah once I was in the corner I was done. I did fight one right after that I got a win on once I realized I had that thing called a v reversal and I could end a Rashid with just a few combos. But then again he wasn't as good as the first guy.

Rashid is such a pain in the ass with Akuma. It's always a slobberknocker and whoever takes advantage in the first 5 seconds will win the round. It's purely momentum based.

Laura has very good neutral buttons. cr.HP, cr.MK, st.MK, st.HK, f.HP, cr.HK. And a lot of them convert. She essentially has range similar to a shoto's, and she can limit the other character's options with stuff like Thunder Clap and st.LK. I have a ton of experience facing Laura (but not enough), and part of what makes the Mika vs. Laura MU such a pain in the ass is how Laura outclasses her in the neutral.
Yeah I don't care for this match up. She feels almost like playing you in S1. The throw stuff is not that bad but she just has too many good buttons. Laura and Ibuki are my least fun matches online. With Cammy and Karin and even Necali at least you understand what's going on lol. Laura AA you, it's a guess when you land. Gets a sweep CC, guess on wakeup. Meh...Same with Ibuki, it just takes me out of the mindset of getting into the opponents patterns and outsmarting them. Too much of their moveset is like designed to be on autopilot.

Still if nothing gets changed for them in S3 I would be ok with a defense buff to deal with those matches and Laura's st.Mk being toned down. They aren't unwinnable, but there are so annoying to fight, I often find myself just playing worse in those match ups.

I really do just need to play some long sets with Laura and Ibuki really. I used to be the same way with R.mika and after playing Flux so many times, I think I beat most of them now. I'm never going to hit Master though if I keep losing to these Ultra Plat Laura and random Ibuki, gotta get my defense up. It's a bit better now with Urien, but I'm almost free to a crazy Laura lol. This one Abby beat me by just punishing everything unsafe I did and teching all my throws.

Character that has absolute garbage defense outside of V-Trigger and especially in the corner versus character that excels at putting enemies in the corner and pressuring them constantly.

Abigail has a 3 frame V-skill parry, and his EX HCB+PP goes through projectiles.

So, he does have SOME options.

MCD250

Is there a character Rashid isn't a pain in the ass for?
He is sort of like Cammy in that he doesn't really have any truly bad matchups. Still, the way I see it his biggest strength is his mobility which allows him to apply pressure so effectively, so characters who can lock down parts of the screen well (to make it harder for him to move around) like Guile or FANG are perhaps a bit more of a challenge for him than others. I've seen good Kolin players who can completely box in Rashid as well, using things like her ice cubes, counters and even that little ice spike that she leaves behind when she doube jumps.

Even with all that, you still gotta account for things like his V-Trigger, which can turn the tide super easily for him more than for most characters. He really is a ridiculously strong character who somehow often flies under the radar. Hell, I remember a stretch back in S1 when folks thought he was like lower mid-tier.

I think Guile mirrors are legit my favourite matchup in this game.

That's...kinda sad.
It's one of the few times the game is purely about reads while keeping up a super tight defense and good pressure. I truly don't get why he's the only real zoner. Just speed up shoto FB's lol...or at least Ryu's

Onemic

I'm just totally lost in neutral with her lol

I guess if what you say is true neutral isn't where i should even be trying to get damage and instead only when I'm planning my next devious jump or dash

This is...totally outside my comfort zone. I kinda want to give up...but I think I'll keep trying

Almost 2000 lp loss trying to play Laura in neutral. Man

Trying to play honest neutral with Laura. That's your first mistake.

Dhalsim doesn't count as a "real" zoner in SFV ?
Yeah your right, always forget about him because of the limbs.

Still that's 2...everyone else is some hybrid and most characters have anti FB techniques.

Ryu (if it would last lol) and Ken in V-trigger are decent zoner a though.

That's an idea I would like to see, what if everyone stayed in trigger for all of the round? Trade off is, you can't use super?

Yeah your right, always forget about him because of the limbs.

Still that's 2...everyone else is some hybrid and most characters have anti FB techniques.

Ryu (if it would last lol) and Ken in V-trigger are decent zoner a though.

That's an idea I would like to see,
what if everyone stayed in trigger for all of the round
? Trade off is, you can't use super?

Jesus, Akuma would be insane. If he touches you once he gets 250 damage at the very least of jab confirms. Laura would be dumb as fuck too. Abigail, Gief, Birdie, Bison, they all would be stupid to play against. Necalli too.... Oh wait.

Zackat

Cool, I thought he retired.
He makes great mods, I hope he reconsidered.

He just can't be putting stuff behind paywalls.

Also, I wish I could play Dhalsim as I love how he plays. I just fucking suck at playing him. Like bad. I should put more time into it and watch some videos.

Top Bottom