• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Really cool. I hope the high quality costume mods encourage Capcom to continuously improve their own new costumes.
4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

The smartest thing they could do honestly is to outsource some of the costume creation to brutalace. They outsource a lot of it anyway.
What makes Laura hard
Laura makes me hard.

Spman2099

Christ, Capcom... fix Abigail's run glitch. I am pure salt at the moment due to losing a round from that garbage.

Why isn't it fixed already? You are killing me, Capcom. Killing me.

Edzi

Christ, Capcom... fix Abigail's run glitch. I am pure salt at the moment due to losing a round from that garbage.

Why isn't it fixed already? You are killing me, Capcom. Killing me.

We don't even know if they're aware of it atm. Hopefully it's brought to their attention ASAP, since that's going to lose someone a match in tournament eventually.

We don't even know if they're aware of it atm. Hopefully it's brought to their attention ASAP, since that's going to lose someone a match in tournament eventually.
For all the shit I give Capcpom, they have been fairly quick about fixing bugs. I can't remember seeing a bug online that wasn't fixed promptly.

I remember some character had a weird hitbox issue after a jump (Ibuki?) and it was fixed within a week or so of being reported.

Playing Killer Instinct really does make you appreciate fighting games that don't have so many bugs.

Edzi

What's the glitch? Haven't kept up with Abby that much.

Sometimes when you start his run you get locked in and can't press any of the follow ups, he just keeps running. It seems to be caused by pressing a button too quickly after starting the run, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

mbpm1

I'm glad Abby's run is glitched. They'll have to fix it promptly like they did in the past, and at least in doing so they'll have to talk to us again

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Sometimes when you start his run you get locked in and can't press any of the follow ups, he just keeps running. It seems to be caused by pressing a button too quickly after starting the run, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

Sometimes when you input the run command follow ups won't come out (I think it's due to plinking the kicks). I only ran into it twice, but it was really annoying to lose because of that.

Still haven't experienced this. I have pressed punch as quick as possible after activation too since I do it to bait people and then I recover and punish after they jump or commit off wakeup and still no issues. I'm gonna try to recreate it later in the lab to see.

Jesus, Akuma would be insane. If he touches you once he gets 250 damage at the very least of jab confirms. Laura would be dumb as fuck too. Abigail, Gief, Birdie, Bison, they all would be stupid to play against. Necalli too.... Oh wait.
I was thinking, what if everyone basically becomes stupid. I mean, most characters are pretty buff in trigger, and it would have to be meter management like all V-trigger and Super used at once for Permanent trigger. You would have to factor in your health, the next round, your opponents health etc...

I think it could be quite fun. Or at least have a mode like that for casual play.

also count I know we're supposed to get some SF4 play on, just be busy trying to hit thst next level in V, mind doing some sets later, I need to get much more comfortable in the Laura matchup. Thinking about going to a tourney finally with Sneakers s

mbpm1

I was thinking, what if everyone basically becomes stupid. I mean, most characters are pretty buff in trigger, and it would have to be meter management like all V-trigger and Super used at once for Permanent trigger. You would have to factor in your health, the next round, your opponents health etc...

I think it could be quite fun. Or at least have a mode like that for casual play.

also count I know we're supposed to get some SF4 play on, just be busy trying to hit thst next level in V, mind doing some sets later, I need to get much more comfortable in the Laura matchup. Thinking about going to a tourney finally with Sneakers s
The game would get hella one dimensional with chars like rog tho ugh

Kashiwaba

I think this game needs less damage in general, but when i remember how long it takes to kill something like Abigail i start thinking if that's really a good solution.

sixghost

I think that saving up for VTrigger needs to be an actual decision. There are certain characters that basically never use V-Reversal because the opportunity cost of not getting VTrigger in a round is huge. As it stands, it's not much of a decision because most V-Reversals aren't great. Making V-Reversal better would be a big indirect nerf to characters like Rog/Urien/Ibuki.

Pompadour

I think that saving up for VTrigger needs to be an actual decision. There are certain characters that basically never use V-Reversal because the opportunity cost of not getting VTrigger in a round is huge. As it stands, it's not much of a decision because most V-Reversals aren't great. Making V-Reversal better would be a big indirect nerf to characters like Rog/Urien/Ibuki.

Each character should get two V-Reversals, one that side switches and one that doesn't, and each character should be able to spend a bar of V-Gauge to roll a good distance forward or backwards as a wake up option.

I don't like all the different kinds of wake up options that are common in some anime games but gating them behind meter seems like it'd be them from being annoying.

Since they're not going to get rid of the huge pause confirm time of V-Trigger activation, I was mulling around if V-Trigger activation was unsafe if the move preceding it was blocked. It's that autopilot activation that I really dislike about VTs, if they're going to make a bunch of them pseudo-supers then at least have some kind of reaction necessary to get that damage.

Pompadour

Since they're not going to get rid of the huge pause confirm time of V-Trigger activation, I was mulling around if V-Trigger activation was unsafe if the move preceding it was blocked. It's that autopilot activation that I really dislike about VTs, if they're going to make a bunch of them pseudo-supers then at least have some kind of reaction necessary to get that damage.

BlazBlue has a mechanic somewhat similar to V-Trigger and they cut the remaining time in half if you activate it on hit/block. I think that'd reign in the bullshit a little (the game already adds 10% scaling on activation) so characters' gameplans aren't always pressure > activate on block/hit > damage or continued pressure.

BlazBlue has a mechanic somewhat similar to V-Trigger and they cut the remaining time in half if you activate it on hit/block. I think that'd reign in the bullshit a little (the game already adds 10% scaling on activation) so characters' gameplans aren't always pressure > activate on block/hit > damage or continued pressure.
Yeah, I'd like anything to just make it so that V-Trigger isn't a matter of sweeping/using another heavy normal upon getting it then activating regardless of what happens and having free pressure OB or the easiest confirm of your life OH.

Each character should get two V-Reversals, one that side switches and one that doesn't, and each character should be able to spend a bar of V-Gauge to roll a good distance forward or backwards as a wake up option.

I don't like all the different kinds of wake up options that are common in some anime games but gating them behind meter seems like it'd be them from being annoying.
I dunno about this. A matchup like Guile vs. Gief or Ken would be crazy hard. You have to fight and take risk to get through his zoning and normals, and then you finally do and for a meter he can escape your pressure and reset the whole situation again?

Eh...regular V-reversal just needs a buff I think, and characters who are so dominating at controlling space and who don't have as good of buttons should have the stronger ones that KD on hit.

I decided to ditch the PS4 version in favor of the PC version.

Since they decided to accept other controllers, the dust settled for the definitive version.
---

can some explain to me Birdie's V-Skill? I don't know what I am doing when I eat bananas or drink soda pops.

Sorry my man, needs of the many and all that. :( You could always use the OP VT

ib9doOj.png

Don't lose hope for FANG buffs!

can some explain to me Birdie's V-Skill? I don't know what I am doing when I eat bananas or drink soda pops.
Donuts give you V-Meter, eating a banana drops a banana peel on the floor in front of Birdie as a trap that causes opponents to slip if they touch it, drinking soda makes him drop a can that rolls across the stage as a projectile of sorts.

There are 3 versions of Birdie's V-skill.

The regular version (Burger) is done by just using V-skill without holding any direction. All it does is give you a little bit of V-meter. The unique thing about this though is that even after you've activated V-meter, you get a little bit back which doesn't happen with the other 2 versions while in V-Trigger. This is the fastest version of the V-skill.

The down version (Soda can) is done by using V-skill while holding down. He drinks a soda can and throws it on the ground. The can keeps rolling to the other side of the screen and the opponent has to block it crouching. If they're in the middle of a move or land on it while doing a jumping attack, or are in the middle of a move then they stumble and you can get a combo off of it. The soda can is great for pressuring since it allows you, a normally slow ass character, to move forward without having to worry about the opponent doing stuff since they don't want to risk getting hit by the can. The soda can expires after rolling all the way across the screen or by hitting the opponent.

The back version (Banana) is done by using V-skill while holding back. He eats a banana and throws the peel on the ground. If the opponent lands on it after doing a jumping attack, if they walk into it, if they touch it in general without blocking then they stumble and you can get a free combo after words. It's a great way to keep people at a distance. Doing this while not in V-Trigger also gives you a little V-meter. The banana expires after a short while if it hasn't touched the opponent.

Yeah, I'd like anything to just make it so that V-Trigger isn't a matter of sweeping/using another heavy normal upon getting it then activating regardless of what happens and having free pressure OB or the easiest confirm of your life OH.

I don't mind on hit since it's going to happen like once a round. But on block? Nah.

Can people v-reversal v-triggers oH? I think I remember some of them getting stuffed but I haven't seen it used like that in a while

mbpm1

V reversal should also have a meter drain option

Or not, but they could do all sorts of sick and creative stuff

Edzi

Is it me or are throws kinda OP in SFV? Feel bad when I abuse them.

It's not just you. The throw game can make or break matches, especially when you're dealing with someone with a command grab (which seems like half the cast).

Throws aren't op, the punishment for guessing them wrong is

^This is what I meant. Throws themselves aren't OP, but the guessing games they create are ridiculous.

Top Bottom