• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MrCarter

JoJo meets the FGC.

DMLsAFTUMAAPPXH

https://twitter.com/lubuns/status/919556774532804608

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
And Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Yup, didn't forget about her! But saw she was at least mentioned. I always loved that a fighter actually had this happen mid-gameplay. Much like Zeku here, it hints at extra work that's pretty unusual for one character in a game.

Let it not be said I make good decisions.

I just bought Nash's Halloween and School costumes cause I'm gonna play Nash.

While his school costume looks OK in the default version, the alternate version is KICK ASS. Looks badass AF. The exact opposite is also true for the Halloween costume
calm down bruce

I NEED MY INHALER AAHHHHHHH

Rymuth

Yup, didn't forget about her! But saw she was at least mentioned. I always loved that a fighter actually had this happen mid-gameplay. Much like Zeku here, it hints at extra work that's pretty unusual for one character in a game.
Most of S2's characters have a lot of extra work done to them. Abby's animations and bulging muslces, Menat's entire character.

I attribute it all thanks to the Team growing more and more experienced with UE4.

After all the online hype this week I feel a bit let down by this one ... he looks fun I suppose and his trailer has catchy music but beyond that ? I don't know.

The strider ish transformation technique is neat I guess but it's not as exciting for me as it apparently is for most ?

Ehhh I kinda feel the same way. Looks boring as shit. Will definitely play him and hope I'm wrong though.

Neoxon

Is it just me or does Zeku's English voice sound an awful lot like Tony Oliver (Lupin, Bang Shishigami)? It'd be kinda funny if Tony Oliver is indeed voicing Zeku since Zeku's intro kinda reminds me of Bang Shishigami's entrance.

Mizerman

Is it just me or does Zeku's English voice sound an awful lot like Tony Oliver (Lupin, Bang Shishigami)? It'd be kinda funny if Tony Oliver is indeed voicing Zeku since Zeku's intro kinda reminds me of Bang Shishigami's entrance.

Sounded a bit like Steve Kramer, though I could be wrong.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Most of S2's characters have a lot of extra work done to them. Abby's animations and bulging muslces, Menat's entire character.

I attribute it all thanks to the Team growing more and more experienced with UE4.

These Premium character gotta feel like premium content! Say what one will about DLC in fighters, but I love the fact that they seem to afford a team either the ambition, or budget, to extend their character concepts further than most base game characters allow.

I'd have to listen again, but I hope you're right. I actually though he kind of sounded like Jim Cummings or something on first listen, which would be... really odd. But quite cool.

So, turning into a younger form mid-match... he's Otane from Power Instinct Series?!

pi_otane.gif

Look, he even shares a similar costume / color palette with Otane and Oume's mom through art!

oshima_0022.jpg

This is something you don't see much of, especially in 3D. Is it weird I feel slightly cheated that it's such a quick model swap, though? I wish there was some kind of "live morph" moment when I could see the wrinkles fading and his hair and body shift into youth.

And I agree with the David Carridine comparison too, his face instantly has a "I've seen that outside of gaming!" feel to it, and that must be it! Good reference.

Why does everyone think his V-Trigger is an auto-combo? Wouldn't it just be the ability to perform various Final Fight combos? (Partnered with the ability to dash cancel them)?

I do feel somewhat meh at what I saw, not because of a lack of ambition or thinking he looks uncool, but the trailer just felt like he's... fancy, but nothing too specific? If they're displaying a character archetype, the only thing I'm left thinking is "overly complex", lol. He doesn't exactly look like a zoner, I don't think he really focuses on grapples, he's not an obvious counter character... what gameplay spot is he filling? He's a ninja, but doesn't look mega-fast, and his flips-into-attacks actually look kinda slow.

Much different for me than the Menat and Kolin trailers, where I just KNEW I had to play them after watching. My brother is a big fan of Guy, and I can't figure out if he'll enjoy Zeku yet or not! I definitely need to see more, in a better-presented style.
Does that power instinct character predate Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho?

Allforce

Let it not be said I make good decisions.

I just bought Nash's Halloween and School costumes cause I'm gonna play Nash.

While his school costume looks OK in the default version, the alternate version is KICK ASS. Looks badass AF. The exact opposite is also true for the Halloween costume

I NEED MY INHALER AAHHHHHHH

What's his alternate in the school costume look like?

Objectively speaking, Zeku seems to be the character with the most "work"? He's for sure going to have the standard animations for backdash and idle and taunt and all that which will all be high quality.

But what he has extra is a different model altogether, with completely different costumes. And that expands his moveset. If it expands his normals too, then Jesus Christ.

And a CA that literally has a whole new background and effects as compared to almost all the others.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder if season 3 will give some of the more involved aesthetic flourishes to the Season 1 characters.

Always found it odd how Mika says the same thing for all the strengths of her command grab; there's no way to visually or audibly tell them apart (aside from paying attention to the damage). Wish Nadeshiko had different costumes, and I have this image of a spotlight shining on Mika whenever she presses her V-Skill.

Wonder if season 3 will give some of the more involved aesthetic flourishes to the Season 1 characters.

Always found it odd how Mika says the same thing for all the strengths of her command grab; there's no way to visually or audibly tell them apart (aside from paying attention to the damage). Wish Nadeshiko had different costumes, and I have this image of a spotlight shining on Mika whenever she presses her V-Skill.
This would be fucking incredible. I wouldn't even care about additional buffs at that point.

mbpm1

SO Zeku turns into Strider as V-skill? Thats cool. He has Ibuki kicks which looks like they have range.

Other than that...not too much here for me atm, but I'll definitely check this Guy out. Not seeing why he needed to be hyped up that much.

I mean really only Matt was hyping up Zeku. And he's probably had more access to Zeku so he knows what Zeku is capable of.

This feels like Abigail's reveal all over again minus the critiques and complaints about the design of the character.

Wait till people get their hands on Zeku and you'll be seeing the "OMG ZEKU MADE ME LOVE SFV" reddit threads.

Pompadour

I mean really only Matt was hyping up Zeku. And he's probably had more access to Zeku so he knows what Zeku is capable of.

This feels like Abigail's reveal all over again minus the critiques and complaints about the design of the character.

Wait till people get their hands on Zeku and you'll be seeing the "OMG ZEKU MADE ME LOVE SFV" reddit threads.

Zeku seems like the coolest character so far as he's two characters in one and one them is basically Guy cosplaying Strider. I can understand why he hyped him up.

stn

I swear some of Zeku's animations are taken straight from SFxT Lars. I'll definitely be trying him out, looks fun.

I'd like to know the names.

The name of the guy on the development team who came up with ideas for new characters and made shortlist which included these 5 characters and actually had the audacity to pass it on to the higher ups.

And the executive(s) who looked at the sales numbers, looked at the active users, saw the characters and a plan for an eventual "re-release" and thought "Yeah, these look good carry on".

Cause those people are some of the bravest fucking people possibly active in the industry today.

SUPARSTARX

I'm so aggravated with this game. I need to vent.

Every time I muster up 30 minutes to try and enjoy this game in either casual or ranked match making, I am met with teleporting players.

All my ports are forwarded on PC and my PS4 is DMZ'd as well. Same result.

Set matches get worse. First game could be fine, but the rematches always lag up at some point.

Blu(e)

Looks cool. With him playing similar to Guy with his V Skill I might try him out. I also like the Strider sword sounds when he hits with a special move.

I'm not sure if they'll even bring Guy into SFV because they play similar. Would they even bring Cody back without Guy? Would be disappointing not having them come back.

I'm not sure if they'll even bring Guy into SFV because they play similar. Would they even bring Cody back without Guy? Would be disappointing not having them come back.

We still don't know exactly how similar Zeku and Guy will play, or how they might change Guy up for SFV. Also, SFA and SFA2 had Guy but not Cody, so I don't see why they couldn't have Cody without Guy.

Top Bottom