• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Code:
[IMG]https://media.eventhubs.com/images/2017/06/27_sch01.jpg[/IMG]

The jacket and the chain flop around when he's moving and it looks awesome, especially his post CA animation.

How do you make this costume the alternate version? This is my first time seeing it. Looks really cool.

I know nothing about costumes. I've been using nothing but standard Nash with color two since day one.

So what is his VT doing?

TNGriNK.gif

knZSkd8.gif

Auto combos. Already less work and better than Nash's V-Trigger.

The only downside is it doesn't look like they can be linked into CA.

How do you make this costume the alternate version? This is my first time seeing it. Looks really cool.

I know nothing about costumes. I've been using nothing but standard Nash with color two since day one.
These are premium costumes that you gotta buy with real life dollareedoos. Nash's Halloween costume is available for 3$ instead of the standard 4, but it's a time exclusive thing. Will stop being available come November, and you'll have to wait until next year.

Every premium costume released from Halloween 2016 onwards (excluding battle costumes) has an alternate version.

To access that alternate version, hold down up + all three punches + light kick while the game is loading. After your character's intro starts/somebody skips it and goes directly into the match, the effect will be visible.
honestly i dont even care about zeku that much even though he is cool. my sights are all on incoming 100 page pdf file
I don't think I've ever been more anxious to see a 100 page pdf in my life.

Loving everything except auto combos, if that's what it is. I've always hated That sort of thing. Not really feeling good CA either. It's just him zooming through the opponent, and only really looks cool in slow motion. I'd have rather had something more unique to him than that. A more specific animation.

Other than that, he is terrific. For all of the shit people give this game, it still seems like the one with the most work put into it's core. Everything is so damn crisp!

These are premium costumes that you gotta buy with real life dollareedoos. Nash's Halloween costume is available for 3$ instead of the standard 4, but it's a time exclusive thing. Will stop being available come November, and you'll have to wait until next year.

Every premium costume released from Halloween 2016 onwards (excluding battle costumes) has an alternate version.

To access that alternate version, hold down up + all three punches + light kick while the game is loading. After your character's intro starts/somebody skips it and goes directly into the match, the effect will be visible.
Thanks. Two final questions. What is he wearing under the jacket? Looks like a battle suit of some sort and is he wearing his glasses (I hope not)?

I can't find clear pics of the alternate school uniform anywhere.

Thanks. Two final questions. What is he wearing under the jacket? Looks like a battle suit of some sort and is he wearing his glasses (I hope not)?

I can't find clear pics of the alternate school uniform anywhere.
Yeah, it looks to be some some sort of battle armour, has gems on it and stuff. Yes, he's wearing the glasses. I believe he wears glasses on all his outfits since his glasses are a part of his design and animations for everything.

As I mentioned before, he gets a chain hanging from his belt that flops around and looks pretty nifty.

Pompadour

Auto combos. Already less work and better than Nash's V-Trigger.

The only downside is it doesn't look like they can be linked into CA.

It gets canceled into CA in the second one. The gif just cuts it short.

I really hope it's not an autocombo but rather chain normals. Autocombos seem rather boring.

Blu(e)

We still don't know exactly how similar Zeku and Guy will play, or how they might change Guy up for SFV. Also, SFA and SFA2 had Guy but not Cody, so I don't see why they couldn't have Cody without Guy.

I would suspect because he had to be made in the first place. That's how Alpha ended up though. Guy and Cody. I'm talking if SFV finished and only added Cody, it would seem weird. Not bad just weird.

Every time afterword they would always return in pairs. I would feel the same way if they added Hugo and didn't add Poison (Same deal too. Only Hugo was playable 3 and then they added Poison afterwards in SF4 with Hugo).

It's when the characters became playable they would just return together.

Torry

Neo Member
Yo Rymuth! Did you just play an Ibuki (With a lot of lag most likely)? Just fought a Bison with your name(And a lot of lag).

Scotia

Banned
I just remembered that I said on the SFV GAF discord months ago that I wanted Strider in the game. Looks like I kinda got my wish lol

SwAHe5Pr.jpg

Rymuth

Yo Rymuth! Did you just play an Ibuki (With a lot of lag most likely)? Just fought a Bison with your name(And a lot of lag).

Yeah, hope you're not salty about that. <3 (though by the mention of lag twice, sounds like you are!) - Just wanted to get online and get 300 FM challenge out of the way.

I thought we would see Sagat/Sakura at the end of the trailer, I was hype for that, not the character...can't believe that dude twitting was hype for a Strider costume...

Reani

I thought we would see Sagat/Sakura at the end of the trailer, I was hype for that, not the character...can't believe that dude twitting was hype for a Strider costume...
you must be new in this world of capcom announcements. dont worry you'll get used to it

Is this game dead on PC or does nobody use cross play anymore? Ever since Tekken 7 came out I haven't been able to get ranked matches on PC. Is there some kind of fix I need to do? I'm ultra plat so maybe there just isn't anyone playing?

TheOGB

Banned
Zeku's theme sounds like a Zac Zinger joint (New York stage, Christmas stage, Zangief's theme), and damn is it goooooooooooood~

Zeku himself is pretty interesting in concept and admirable in execution, though not much about his gameplay stood out to me as something I'd mess around with longer than I need to for Fight Money.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Looks cool. With him playing similar to Guy with his V Skill I might try him out. I also like the Strider sword sounds when he hits with a special move.

I'm not sure if they'll even bring Guy into SFV because they play similar. Would they even bring Cody back without Guy? Would be disappointing not having them come back.

How's he play similar to Guy? I don't see bushin flip/run/tatsu or izuna drop. His normals look completely different too.

stn

My wishlist for S3:

-Ken's face is fixed.
-Ed's flicker made 4P instead of 5P
-Ed gets buffs to hit-boxes to stop all his whiff issues
-Strong characters stay strong
-Ryu, Alex, FANG get buffed to at least mid-tier

You?

Is this game dead on PC or does nobody use cross play anymore? Ever since Tekken 7 came out I haven't been able to get ranked matches on PC. Is there some kind of fix I need to do? I'm ultra plat so maybe there just isn't anyone playing?

Gold here, I get Ranked (and Casual) matches pretty regularly.

My wishlist for S3:

-Ken's face is fixed.
-Ed's flicker made 4P instead of 5P
-Ed gets buffs to hit-boxes to stop all his whiff issues
-Strong characters stay strong
-Ryu, Alex, FANG get buffed to at least mid-tier

You?

Basically this but new moves and defensive options ie V-Reversals becoming better.

Blu(e)

How's he play similar to Guy? I don't see bushin flip/run/tatsu or izuna drop. His normals look completely different too.

0:53 is a run to a slide
0:56 is a run to an overhead
1:01 is a shoulder to a command air grab

No tatsu. He's not a straight up clone obviously but he has his style in his young strider form.

Edit: Actually his old form might have his flip. Looks like he flings himself through the air and can do different things like the cross up move or the grab where he stand on them.

Yeah, it looks to be some some sort of battle armour, has gems on it and stuff. Yes, he's wearing the glasses. I believe he wears glasses on all his outfits since his glasses are a part of his design and animations for everything.

As I mentioned before, he gets a chain hanging from his belt that flops around and looks pretty nifty.

Got it. First thing I've gotten without FM in this game.

Top Bottom