• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Seeing as his v-trigger makes him younger I wonder what his second v-trigger will do?

His v-trigger appears to be an auto-combo of some kind (they show it for both his forms). There's no trigger flash when he transforms, just a puff of smoke, suggesting it's a regular command or v-skill.

Scotia

Banned
His v-trigger appears to be an auto-combo of some kind. There's no trigger flash when he transforms, just a puff of smoke, suggesting it's a regular command or v-skill.

Huh, that's interesting. Guy on stage after the trailer dropped said it was his v-trigger, but he must have been wrong.

Marvel

could never
Get your ears fixed then.
65xt50q8

Gilgamech

Giving his back to the opponent as he pops trigger is kinda badass. I want to see more of his subtle characterization in his animations.

Village

I might have to do some vocoder shit for the zeku theme

I'm with ya'll with the unity post though

I'm kinda trying to just play yung zeku

Zeku’s young/old gimmick presents many design possibilities. Call me Capcom.

This season has given us two top tier hunks in Ed and Zeku. Now put that season pass on sale please.

nded

looks like the dash into attack, check 2nd gif where he VT sHK into the dash into combo attack

IMO it's a psuedo-ranbu super (think kof)

Someone in one of the other threads also mentioned it could give him a teleport dash + chainable normals.

MrCarter

If Max was in charge the game's roster would be Ken, St Ken, Evil Ken, Chaotic neutral Ken, Holy Ken, KenKen.

Pretty much. I saw his latest SFV: AE video and he claims that he didn't play it much because apparently Ken looks bad (looked worse in SF4 and it's only on character select) and that his move set didn't gel with him. Which is a huge contrast to what he initially said. Contradicts himself a lot.

Bob White

If Max was in charge the game's roster would be Ken, St Ken, Evil Ken, Chaotic neutral Ken, Holy Ken, KenKen.

Neutral Ken? Lol, nah...max admitted in his last sfv vid that neutral based footsie games aren't his thing. Gotta change neutral ken to chaotic cross up tatsu ken ☺️

Lol, and guys, don't hate on max too hard, he just doesn't like the game. Like, no vendetta against it, I think he just legit doesn't enjoy. Pretty much in tune with mike Ross.

Neoxon

I'm actually really liking the theory that Zeku goes on to create the Strider organization. I mean, Final Fight & Rival Schools are already linked to Street Fighter canonically, might as well add one other Capcom franchise.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, turning into a younger form mid-match... he's Otane from Power Instinct Series?!

pi_otane.gif

Look, he even shares a similar costume / color palette with Otane and Oume's mom through art!

oshima_0022.jpg

This is something you don't see much of, especially in 3D. Is it weird I feel slightly cheated that it's such a quick model swap, though? I wish there was some kind of "live morph" moment when I could see the wrinkles fading and his hair and body shift into youth.

And I agree with the David Carridine comparison too, his face instantly has a "I've seen that outside of gaming!" feel to it, and that must be it! Good reference.

Why does everyone think his V-Trigger is an auto-combo? Wouldn't it just be the ability to perform various Final Fight combos? (Partnered with the ability to dash cancel them)?

I do feel somewhat meh at what I saw, not because of a lack of ambition or thinking he looks uncool, but the trailer just felt like he's... fancy, but nothing too specific? If they're displaying a character archetype, the only thing I'm left thinking is "overly complex", lol. He doesn't exactly look like a zoner, I don't think he really focuses on grapples, he's not an obvious counter character... what gameplay spot is he filling? He's a ninja, but doesn't look mega-fast, and his flips-into-attacks actually look kinda slow.

Much different for me than the Menat and Kolin trailers, where I just KNEW I had to play them after watching. My brother is a big fan of Guy, and I can't figure out if he'll enjoy Zeku yet or not! I definitely need to see more, in a better-presented style.

Pachinko

After all the online hype this week I feel a bit let down by this one ... he looks fun I suppose and his trailer has catchy music but beyond that ? I don't know.

The strider ish transformation technique is neat I guess but it's not as exciting for me as it apparently is for most ?

Top Bottom