• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Beckx

My wishlist for S3:

-Ken's face is fixed.
-Ed's flicker made 4P instead of 5P
-Ed gets buffs to hit-boxes to stop all his whiff issues
-Strong characters stay strong
-Ryu, Alex, FANG get buffed to at least mid-tier

You?

School outfits for the rest of the cast (more dipping into Rival Schools lookalikes like Kyosuke Nash)
School stage
Akira

And (because I will never stop asking for it)

Modern day Asura

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
0:53 is a run to a slide
0:56 is a run to an overhead
1:01 is a shoulder to a air grab/flip

No tatsu. He's not a straight up clone obviously but he has his style in his young strider form.

Stretches. His moveset doesn't look similar enough to Guy to warrant his exclusion.

kirblar

0:53 is a run to a slide
0:56 is a run to an overhead
1:01 is a shoulder to a air grab/flip

No tatsu. He's not a straight up clone obviously but he has his style in his young strider form.
I thought it was weird that one of our rumors had heard Cody was being worked on (but heard nothing about Guy) given that Guy/Cody have been a pair for eons. Young Zeku certainly would explain that.

histopher

Yeah...Zeku is Ok I guess?
Its nearly a lock season 3 will have Sagat, Sakura (leaked by Flowtron) and Eagle (hinted by X-Kira). Probs Sodom too.

Blu(e)

Stretches. His moveset doesn't look similar enough to Guy to warrant his exclusion.

I made an edit, but his old form looks to have a potentially better flip. Has a cross up capability (not sure if you can do it from the front similar to Guy's elbow), leads to a grab (standing opponents only?), and a downward kick similar to Adon.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I made an edit, but his old form looks to have a potentially better flip. Has a cross up capability (not sure if you can do it from the front similar to Guy's elbow), leads to a grab (standing opponents only?), and a downward kick similar to Adon.

Yeah. I think his flip might be a jaguar kick demon flip grab mixup. He has a few recycled animations which im not too thrilled about. He has Ed's upward dp kick and his v reversal looks like necalli's stand fierce.

kirblar

Its nearly a lock season 3 will have Sagat, Sakura (leaked by Flowtron) and Eagle (hinted by X-Kira). Probs Sodom too.
Has he hinted at Eagle in addition to Neo-Shadoloo staff girl? He's been rather explicit that she's one of the two newbies for S3.

I'm not sure why I like Eagle so much. I tend to hate characters with weapons in a hand to hand game. I also don't care for his clean dress code but I like the character.

I'll give Zeku an honest shake.

N3ilunik

Neo Member
david-carradine-ne-s-est-pas-suicide-image-248153-article-thumb.jpg

15_zeku08.jpg

There is a little something something

histopher

Has he hinted at Eagle in addition to Neo-Shadoloo staff girl? He's been rather explicit that she's one of the two newbies for S3.

I heard that he mentioned a British character with sticks. I assumed it was Eagle but maybe that girl is British and its her?
I also thought either Flowtron or x-Kira said season 3 were are vets. Hard to keep up with all the vague comments.
Either way, if its the girl or Eagle Im happy.

MrCarter

Already over 200K views for Zeku on YouTube. Either he’s really popular or most of them are from people viewing the video a dozen times (like me) for that sweet theme. Or both.

Shadoken

Its quite funny how Zeku is so similar to Nash + Guy. I used to Main Guy in 4 and now Nash in 5. So its kinda whenever I stance switch Zeku to guy , need to tap into dat young version of me lmao.

Already over 200K views for Zeku on YouTube. Either he's really popular or most of them are from people viewing the video a dozen times (like me) for that sweet theme. Or both.

Pretty sure its both lmao. That video is gonna keep getting views until someone rips the theme out.

Omega Mode Guy was definitely Zeku's test run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPvZKKJ1F3g

Yea it seemed really obvious something was up ,when they gave Guy so many changes in omega mode.

Now I wanna see what changes they gonna give Guy. According to Rashid's Story mode Guy has been in Training.

Already over 200K views for Zeku on YouTube. Either he’s really popular or most of them are from people viewing the video a dozen times (like me) for that sweet theme. Or both.

Well if we're keeping score, this is how many each brand new character reveal got form the official Street Fighter channel.

Kolin 752k
ED 506k
Abigail 532k
Menat 569k

I didn't include Akuma in that list but he's just a little behind Kolin at 716k. It might be too difficult to beat Kolin, but is Zeku on track to beat the other 3?

I hope young Zeku can be selectable or switched on the fly. It would kind of suck if we're required to do something to make that switch. I'm looking forward to see how he plays when he comes out. I'm sure we'll have a billion Zeku's to fight on day one.

I hope young Zeku can be selectable or switched on the fly. It would kind of suck if we're required to do something to make that switch. I'm looking forward to see how he plays when he comes out. I'm sure we'll have a billion Zeku's to fight on day one.

Vesper seems to believe that it's on hit from the v skill.

kirblar

Its quite funny how Zeku is so similar to Nash + Guy. I used to Main Guy in 4 and now Nash in 5. So its kinda whenever I stance switch Zeku to guy , need to tap into dat young version of me lmao.

Pretty sure its both lmao. That video is gonna keep getting views until someone rips the theme out.

Yea it seemed really obvious something was up ,when they gave Guy so many changes in omega mode.

Now I wanna see what changes they gonna give Guy. According to Rashid's Story mode Guy has been in Training.
You know, here's an interesting metric to look at going by this guy's videos- who has major changes, judging by video length? Most are 2 and change or under, but some are much longer. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq8qrbY4w2-MWNnvZWqkeoIpUNxq-wMl_

4m+ tier:
Decapre
Guy (Zeku)
Chun-Li (herself)
Balrog (himself)
Sakura (rumored S3)
Cammy (herself)
Elena

3m tier:
Juri (herself)
Ibuki (herself)
Makoto
Oni
Rose (Kolin/Menat)
Dee Jay (Nash)
Poison
Hugo (Abigail)
Blanka
Dan

Poison's 2:57 so I tossed it in, next longest is Gen...likely because he's Gen. Very curious what some of the non-obvious ones could be templates for.

Already over 200K views for Zeku on YouTube. Either he's really popular or most of them are from people viewing the video a dozen times (like me) for that sweet theme. Or both.
This is normal for a proper reveal. Season 2 character reveals were handled far better than the season 1 character reveals. They actually show trailers at tournament grand finals now instead of waiting for fans to make trailers lol.
My wishlist for S3:

-Ken's face is fixed.
-Ed's flicker made 4P instead of 5P
-Ed gets buffs to hit-boxes to stop all his whiff issues
-Strong characters stay strong
-Ryu, Alex, FANG get buffed to at least mid-tier

You?
Don't forget making Juri an actual character. We're all gonna be fucked whenever we fight Rocwell though lmao.

Marvel

could never
Well I mean I've watched the trailer over 20 times trying to figure his stuff out and nod my head to the theme.

Am I reading the info about Arcade update right? If you already have SFV then you get the update free but not the characters. If you pay for the full game you get all the characters included.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Am I reading the info about Arcade update right? If you already have SFV then you get the update free but not the characters. If you pay for the full game you get all the characters included.

Yes. It's basically a replacement for the Deluxe edition which from time to time dips to SFVAE's price.

kirblar

AE update free for all owners. The $40 AE package includes the base game and the S1/S2 season packs.

If you don't own S1/S2 but do own the base game, S1 is on sale for $10 on PSN this weekend. If you own none, the 2017 Deluxe edition is on sale for $40 (and is the same as the upcoming AE relaunch, I'd recommend picking it up.)

JusDoIt

As it turns out, the Striders already have a founder. That said, they could retcon the existing lore to make Zeku the founder (or have Zeku’s full name be Zeku Kuramoto).

How far in the future is Strider set? It’s not present day, right?

They don’t have to retcon anything if so. Zeku could be the creator of this new style, which is a bridge between Bushinryu and whatever the Striders practice. Kuramoto could be a protege he takes on in the future. Kuramoto goes on to become a master of Zeku’s style and creates the Strider organization.

How far in the future is Strider set? It’s not present day, right?

They don’t have to retcon anything if so. Zeku could be the creator of this new style, which is a bridge between Bushinryu and whatever the Striders practice. Kuramoto could be a protege he takes on in the future. Kuramoto goes on to become a master of Zeku’s style and creates the Strider organization.

2048 so i guess so

KingBroly

Banned
Perfect S3 Wishlist:
- Blonde Characters only
- Cammy redesigned with pants
- Ken's face made even uglier
- Only DLC costumes for Chun-Li
- Everyone nerfed except FANG, who is doubly nerfed
- Zombie Bison as DLC, who has blonde hair

There. 10/10. Would not buy again because I don't have to.

mbpm1

Well if we're keeping score, this is how many each brand new character reveal got form the official Street Fighter channel.

Kolin 752k
ED 506k
Abigail 532k
Menat 569k

I didn't include Akuma in that list but he's just a little behind Kolin at 716k. It might be too difficult to beat Kolin, but is Zeku on track to beat the other 3?

the bae at the top as she should be

Ed at the bottom, as he should be

Top Bottom