• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Scotia

Banned
It's about 5 AM in California right now, Tranquilo.

But I want it now!

349537956190486528.png

Sayad

Blueblur1

This is not a false statement.

On another note, I finally gave up on Ryu. At least for the rest of this year. We'll see how he looks in S3. Unless he gets some major buffs then he'll still suck with slightly more hit stun on his cr. MK or a longer lasting V Trigger 1 that won't really make a difference.

I'm going all in on Akuma now and will try to not even touch Ryu so that it won't affect my muscle memory with Akuma. Anyways, Akuma is a lot more fun. So many options, opportunities, and he has variable combo routes. Even hit confirmable V-Trigger cancels for big damage. Instead of being depressed about Ryu and not playing the game, I should have grinded Akuma 11 months ago. Hopefully they don't nerf his ass when I finally start getting the hang of him.

I’ve thought about this too. I’ll stick it out with Ryu for a couple more months. January is only 3 months away.

(Jan 16 is my birthday so I hope Capcom gives me Ryu buffs as a gift. 🤞)

Lot of nice updates for this title...looking forward to jumping back in.

Done rocking Destiny, now for some GTS a few RPG and finally Yakuza 0. Should be ready to jump back in mid December and get ready for the update.

Really cool to see the game thoroughly improved, hope the user base grows nicely.

Can any Chun mains help me out with a curious 'issue'?

I'm finally getting her SBK BnB (cr.LP, MP, cr. MK xx SBK) somewhat reliably. For those that don't know, this combo Is considered fairly difficult due to the extremely strict timing. You have to cancel the cr. MK much later than normal in order to create enough down charge for the SBK to come out. The LK SBK version is much easier to do than the MK version, but the MK SBK version does more damage.

LK version = 8 hits, 190 something damage
MK version = 10 hits, 210 damage

Now the weird thing is that while practicing the LK version, I noticed I was getting 10 hits, 210 damage. A friend of mine was also trying it, and he said he was only getting 8 hits.

After some more experimenting, it seems that if I cancel earlier with the LK SBK, I get the correct 8 hits, but if I cancel later, MK SBK comes out instead....despite me pressing LK!

Is this some kind of buffer issue? I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention this before.

Here's a video where I do both versions. The first one is with LK SBK, the second with MK SBK. You can see from the inputs on the left that I use LK with one, and MK with the other, yet the combo is the same each time (please ignore the poor graphical quality. I set the game to Low to test something and never bothered to put it back)

https://youtu.be/LVcAOuZnI1A

You might be holding down on MK for a while after it hits then letting go to tap LK, if that's the case the negative edge is causing the input to complete the MK SBK.

I main Lei on Tekken so I am familiar with characters with different stances branching out to different combinations/movements. So I will lab this Zeku and be like:

source.gif

MrCarter

LoL, I love the fact he voiced Guin in Guin Saga, and Golgo in Golgo 13. Good, strong, traditionally manly men. A fitting voice for a old-world ninja. He doesn't seem to do much video game voice acting either, so this is a special GET.

Seems like everything is special with Zeku.

- Great designs
- Strider references
- GOAT theme
- Biggest moveset in the entire series
- Voice acting done by prolific actors
- 2 costumes in a set
- GOAT theme

Ah his transformation is his vskill, that kinda makes multiple vskills unlikely in AE

While I don't think we'll be getting multiple v-skills in AE, they could give Zeku another v-skill while still transforming him. His current v-skill does a teleport, a new v-skill could do something different while still transforming, like a parry or a quicker switch with no possibility for follow-up attacks in a combo.

Yeah, his DD + PPP (I think?) special is the transformation too. Could have a v-skill that's a straight up attack that's better than what he has but no trasnformation.

Scotia

Banned
Yeah, his DD + PPP (I think?) special is the transformation too. Could have a v-skill that's a straight up attack that's better than what he has but no trasnformation.

I think it's something like; v-skill lets you transform after an attack while DD+2P let's you just transform without attacking.

Top Bottom