• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kikiribu

comming_fighters.jpg

Using his V-Skill, and the special move Shukumyo,
Zeku can change between his old and young versions.
Old and Young Zeku have completely different normal moves,
throws, and special moves. Together with the change in appearance,
they are totally different characters.
Pick the fighting style that best suits the situation to take control of the fight.

VariantX

How far in the future is Strider set? It’s not present day, right?

They don’t have to retcon anything if so. Zeku could be the creator of this new style, which is a bridge between Bushinryu and whatever the Striders practice. Kuramoto could be a protege he takes on in the future. Kuramoto goes on to become a master of Zeku’s style and creates the Strider organization.

Apparently multiple thousands of years between the games. Apparently Hiryu gets reincarnated again and kills Meio every so often. At least that's what I've gathered from bits of story from strider games and a few lines from MvC:I. It could happen at any point in the future really.

Village

I need to know if you can start the match as YUNG zeku
Because I just wanna use, YUNG zeku

This is mui importante

With the 70s/Lupin feel people get out of Zeku and his theme, it makes me want a Cutie Honey character in the game.

I read "as something different at first and I was like " I see your avatar but you gonna have to wait for the animal costumes my guy "

VariantX

Bushin Gram huh. That is literally out of hiryu's move list but done with his legs instead of a plasma sword

Zeku is a fucking proto-strider confirmed.

Fuck all of this is perfect.

He's a Strider
He has TWO fucking characters in one (TWO MOTHER FUCKER)
He's not a charge boy
Guy's TCs

Fuck man don't even with me right now.

Blueblur1

That flourish right before the “K.O.” surprised me. While most of the UI is just colored differently at least they’re doing stuff like that so it’ll be easy for stream viewers to catch that it’s an updated version of the game.

Man, I'm loving everything about Zeku so far. Easily my favorite new character. This season's character have all been great in my opinion. Also really like the new KO flash.

Blueblur1

I doubt it. I don’t think Ono would bother teasing a stage much less a new one over an old one. X-Kira is definitely reaching with that one.

If Ono is teasing anything it’s gonna be that new shirt which will probably be sold in Japan.

Rose
Gill
Sagat
Fei Long
C.Viper
Oro

-Only invincible reversals are CC-able
-Add continues and DLC fighters to survival
-new taunts/ winposes(fight money)
-unique rival intros
-mostly buffs to lower tiers (Specifically buffing V-Triggers for multiple characters: Vega, Ryu, Fang)
-effectively erase laura from game by making her mk -3 with no pushback)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I doubt it. I don’t think Ono would bother teasing a stage much less a new one over an old one. X-Kira is definitely reaching with that one.

If Ono is teasing anything it’s gonna be that new shirt which will probably be sold in Japan.

over an old one? I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Blueblur1

over an old one? I'm not sure what you meant by that.

I would think if Ono were to tease a stage he would tease a returning stage and not a new stage, in my opinion. For example, it would make sense for him to tease Sagat’s SFII stage on a shirt.

I think the shirt he was wearing has nothing to do with Menat appearing in Shibuya in the AE trailer.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Does that power instinct character predate Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho?

Well, I doubt it, but lets see:

Power Instinct 1 Release Date: Nov. 1993
Yu Yu Hakushou Manga Original Run: Dec 3 1990 - July 25th 1994 (TV series 92 to 94)

I doubt Otane appeared first, but she very well could have been inspired by the rather new Genkai at the time.

At least Zeku doesn't have to kiss his opponent, like Otane did!

It's really something we don't see much in interactive games, and especially fighters. As mentioned earlier, though, I'd have loved for there to be a way to see the shift from aged to youth in detail, just because that's normally a focal point of such a thing when it happens in TV. Just like with this little jerk that was on Last night's Toonami Broadcast, coincidentally:

david-carradine-ne-s-est-pas-suicide-image-248153-article-thumb.jpg

15_zeku08.jpg

There is a little something something

Heh, even better. It's street fighter tradition to base characters off SOMEONE in the world, and this... this I can deal with.

For those who can’t see the link, Zeku is voiced in English by David Wald, who you may know as Hannes from Attack on Titan & Tetsutetsu from My Hero Academia.

LoL, I love the fact he voiced Guin in Guin Saga, and Golgo in Golgo 13. Good, strong, traditionally manly men. A fitting voice for a old-world ninja. He doesn't seem to do much video game voice acting either, so this is a special GET.

Neoxon

LoL, I love the fact he voiced Guin in Guin Saga, and Golgo in Golgo 13. Good, strong, traditionally manly men. A fitting voice for a old-world ninja. He doesn't seem to do much video game voice acting either, so this is a special GET.
I'm honestly surprised by half of the talent that SFV managed to get. As for David Wald, he isn't the first Funimation VA in SFV (that honor belongs to Ian Sinclair, who voices Rashid).

ZG is a teabagger? His constant posting of “bad experiences” with rage quitters finally makes sense now. Yikes

Me Tbag? Hardly, only those who try to create lag like in the start of the round.

『Inaba Resident』;252133877 said:
why do you still play this game

Because of the CPT challenge. But now it's done, fuck it. Going back to Usf4.

Sayad

Poison's 2:57 so I tossed it in, next longest is Gen...likely because he's Gen. Very curious what some of the non-obvious ones could be templates for.
Might be because he demonstrated the infinite. ;p

That Sakura one strongly hint at v-ism making a return as her VT!]

Me Tbag? Hardly, only those who try to create lag like in the start of the round.
How does one create lag without a lag switch and if he was lag switching why did he only used it once at the start of the round and not in critical situations?! 🤔

Admit it Zomb, you're the type of player who teabag an innocent Urien player.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm honestly surprised by half of the talent that SFV managed to get. As for David Wald, he isn't the first Funimation VA in SFV (that honor belongs to Ian Sinclair, who voices Rashid).

Ian really is great in the role, too. I'm always expecting Kyle Hebert to make connecting with Funi actors and Okatron talent a fairly easy connection. But it is great to see a wide range of actors. It's not just the same you hear in every US game or such.

Definitely one of the things they do a solid job with on this game.

Neoxon

Ian really is great in the role, too. I'm always expecting Kyle Hebert to make connecting with Funi actors and Okatron talent a fairly easy connection. But it is great to see a wide range of actors. It's not just the same you hear in every US game or such.

Definitely one of the things they do a solid job with on this game.
They even pulled from TeamFourStar (Marc Swint as Necalli) for SFV VAs. I wonder if they’ll get the likes of Takahata101, KaiserNeko, Lanipator, Megami33, & Justin Briner (all of them minus Megami33 also work at Funimation) for future newcomers. They could also pull from Persona 5’s VAs like they already have for Xander Mobus as Abigail & Erica Lindbeck as Menat.

As for Kyle Hebert, he still does stuff for Funimation on occasion, but he’s kinda both Funimation & LA, now.

Syntsui

Zeku will be a nightmare to learn, but I'm somehow excited. He can't possibly be harder to learn than Menat, maybe harder to master.

Reani

Zeku will be a nightmare to learn, but I'm somehow excited. He can't possibly be harder to learn than Menat, maybe harder to master.
menat is different type of hard, she requires you to not make mistakes and play perfectly. so ye, you can definitely just mash with zeku and be fine

Top Bottom