• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I think you mean 2nd Vskill? And he can stance switch without using vskill. So dont see why 2ndVS or VT would affect that.
Oh wait so the stance change is a special and not tied to the V-system? Shit, guess I read that wrong on the last page.

Neato, that actually makes me hype for his second V-Trigger.

Moaradin

Oh wait so the stance change is a special and not tied to the V-system? Shit, guess I read that wrong on the last page.

It's both. He can switch with a special AND his V Skill. Which makes me more convinced that new V Skills are coming.

Edzi

His V-skill seems to have some utility with the side effect of changing forms. His V-Trigger isn't tied to transforming, but it's slightly different depending on which form you're in.

Ahh good to know thanks.

On an unrelated note, I really think Xian is gonna like Zeku. He fits most of the criterias his part mains have shared. The character is old, has a lot of depth, is old AF and has mobility options.

Shadoken

Yea it seems like his V skills are Do something -> Stance switch.

Pretty much proof that 2nd V Skills are coming. Coz otherwise they could have just left the stance switch to Neutral VSkill command instead of giving it something dedicated.

Bushinryu boys always knew Strider was a bushin ninjer.

Zeku, Guy, Hiryu and even Ginzo from Capt Commando.

Only a matter of time until Bushinryu comes to RE and DMC.

Who would be the best character to learn in anticipation for Zeku? I want to say Ibuki or maybe Rashid... but I'm probably way off base.
If you're deadset on playing Zeku then why learn another character? Just fuck around with the cast and see whoever else you like playing with! Almost all the characters are fun to play.

Except Ryu.

JusDoIt

Pretty much proof that 2nd V Skills are coming. Coz otherwise they could have just left the stance switch to Neutral VSkill command instead of giving it something dedicated.

I don’t think this is necessarily proof of 2nd v-skills. I’m not saying new v-skills aren’t coming, but it just seems more likely that they wanted to encourage safe stance switching via comfirming v-skill combos while also giving the option for probably unsafe raw stance switches in neutral.

Except Ryu.

This is not a false statement.

On another note, I finally gave up on Ryu. At least for the rest of this year. We'll see how he looks in S3. Unless he gets some major buffs then he'll still suck with slightly more hit stun on his cr. MK or a longer lasting V Trigger 1 that won't really make a difference.

I'm going all in on Akuma now and will try to not even touch Ryu so that it won't affect my muscle memory with Akuma. Anyways, Akuma is a lot more fun. So many options, opportunities, and he has variable combo routes. Even hit confirmable V-Trigger cancels for big damage. Instead of being depressed about Ryu and not playing the game, I should have grinded Akuma 11 months ago. Hopefully they don't nerf his ass when I finally start getting the hang of him.

Shadoken

After looking at his move list. If you swap Guy’s tatsus with Zeku Sonic Scythes like move they seem pretty similar.

Old Form
Bushin Flip and Sonic Scythe

Young Form
Run commands and Chain combos

I don’t think he will be as hard as Gen , the mentality of switching to charge and motion commands always fucked me up.

Also I noticed his CA has different name for young and old versions. But there is no video out for one of them?

Man I wish they showed the trailer next week lmao this wait is horrible.

If you're deadset on playing Zeku then why learn another character? Just fuck around with the cast and see whoever else you like playing with! Almost all the characters are fun to play.

Except Ryu.

I haven't played SFV yet and I was just thinking of a char who might get me in a similar mindset to what I'll be doing with Zeku. For example I don't think learning Zangief or Guile would give me many direct skills for Zeku. I could be wrong though, I'm just excited I guess lol

Shadoken

I haven't played SFV yet and I was just thinking of a char who might get me in a similar mindset to what I'll be doing with Zeku. For example I don't think learning Zangief or Guile would give me many direct skills for Zeku. I could be wrong though, I'm just excited I guess lol

By the time you get a solid understanding of that character Zeku would be out. But if you just wanna play somebody till then then try out Nash and Ken I guess.

Scotia

Banned
Found this great post on Reddit (it's the first comment) that details how many moves Zeku has (hint: it's a lot):

Old Zeku has:
4 Special Moves (1 of them (Bushin Flip) having 3 follow-up options)
1 Unique Attack (Overhead)
Stance Switch to Young Zeku (down,down + 2P)
V-Trigger dash and unique VT combo-ender to this form.

Young Zeku has:
4 Special Moves (1 of them (Run) having 3 follow-up options)
13 Unique Attacks / Moves
Stance Switch to Old Zeku (down,down + 2P)
V-Trigger dash and unique VT combo-ender to this form.

That's a total of:
8 Special Moves (14 if you count the 6 follow-up options to Bushin Flip / Run)
14 Unique Attacks
Stance Switching via V-Skill / down,down + 2P
V-Skill / V-Trigger shenanigans, both V-Triggers have different teleport dash framedata and different combo ender.
Oh and of course both forms have totally different set of normals and throws.

Link

ElFly

Vega's stance change is also not his v-skill

but I guess they always knew a second v-skill was coming

On the one hand, I don't want that because it'd kinda ruin the mystery at this point (at least for fighting games).

But on the other hand, it'd be as badass as Daimon finally opening his eyes in KoFXIV because that's over a DECADE worth of buildup for this stunt of badassery.

And after the round a cop walks up to him and puts the cuffs back on
No.

A cop shows up and Cody sighs upon seeing him. Then the cop hands him the handcuffs and he puts them on himself and walks off and the freeze frame is him smirking at the camera.

HIRE ME CAPCPOM.

How does one create lag without a lag switch and if he was lag switching why did he only used it once at the start of the round and not in critical situations?! 🤔

Admit it Zomb, you're the type of player who teabag an innocent Urien player.

By using torrents and Alt-tab before and after a round ends.

And there's no such thing as innocent Urien players, there all guilty when they saw Cr.MK's frame data

By using torrents and Alt-tab before and after a round ends.

And there's no such thing as innocent Urien players, there all guilty when they saw Cr.MK's frame data
We should really start compiling all your posts here man this is some hilarious stuff.

I imagine you dress exactly like Chuck from Better Call Saul when he leaves his house.

Again, I never really Tbag, only those who failed to win using an exploit. You don't see me Tbagging the Menat,Ken and other RQ videos I posted.

Top Bottom