• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Scotia

Banned
TheSpoiler, I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to play the game until Zeku comes out. I've been staring at the character select screen for like five minutes now because I'm only interested in playing Zeku and there's no one else I really want to play right now.

Onemic

Watch Zeku be like Menat where everyone gets hype at the reveal trailer, but then as soon as he actually comes out everyone drops him in 5 minutes.

I'm sure people will drop him especially because there's a lot to learn, but I ain't doing that.

TheSpoiler, I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to play the game until Zeku comes out. I've been staring at the character select screen for like five minutes now because I'm only interested in playing Zeku and there's no one else I really want to play right now.

Yeah, this sucks. Zeku's style is amazing. Even if he's mid-tier, I'll struggle because he looks fun af from a visual standpoint and that gimmick looks dirty.

Watch Zeku be like Menat where everyone gets hype at the reveal trailer, but then as soon as he actually comes out everyone drops him in 5 minutes.

Menat is very technical, requires a ton of practice/time invested, if Zeku is straight forward he will be played a lot, if he's technical, he will be dropped quickly..

Onemic

If they're ass, what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's what is always comes down to at the end of the day lol

I'm sure people will drop him especially because there's a lot to learn, but I ain't doing that.

Yeah, this sucks. Zeku's style is amazing. Even if he's mid-tier, I'll struggle because he looks fun af from a visual standpoint and that gimmick looks dirty.

but what if he's bottom :gemschen:

mbpm1

Everyone looks fun in a trailer.

If they feel like ass it doesnt matter how cool they look. I don't mean tiers either, or I wouldn't be playing Colin.

MrCarter

Activity Report translated Alternate Costumes: "Halloween" No. 2

As for that Merfolk... depends if they're curiously attractive.

Some of these concepts look great.

hw_01.jpg

hw_05.jpg

hw_06.jpg

ElFly

Abigail could easily be on the top echelon of strength in the lore

Cody is supposed to be among the strongest fighters, and yet Abigail is the only Final Fight boss other than Damnd (who is kind of a joke) to fight unarmed

on the other hand Abigail was aided by regular enemies in his fight so that's a demerit

Hugo on the other other hand is clearly below Abigail in the MG organization and is just another gang member in it. maybe he trained more in his quest to be a potato but as it stands, Abigail outclasses him

I'm still sticking with Ken/Alex for now but if I gel with Zeku then I'll probably focus on him for a while.

As for lore tier lists, it's hard to say lol. I could imagine Zeku being up there, but seeing as Guy beat him (which makes Guy look really good) then he's probably not that high, unless Zeku's got super powerful since Guy beat him. It's tough to say where the other characters this season stack up tbh. Kolin doesn't really do much and it's clear she's just a sidekick with Gill, Ed beat Balrog which is impressive so he's probably got potential, Abigail I'm so/so because I'm 50/50 on whether or not his story is even canon because it makes that little sense and Menat just seems too carefree to really be considered that high.

I assume Zeku decided to become stronger after his defeat at Guy's hand. Which would explain why young Zeku has Guy's moveset, but old Zeku has a new moveset

Village

I think abigail is super strong
But that's it, he's super strong, he just has nothing else. And against subpar fighters that works , but against people who know what they are doing brute force only works for so long

as for the concepts

4a should have been the outfit

Shadoken

Abigail could easily be on the top echelon of strength in the lore

Cody is supposed to be among the strongest fighters, and yet Abigail is the only Final Fight boss other than Damnd (who is kind of a joke) to fight unarmed

on the other hand Abigail was aided by regular enemies in his fight so that's a demerit

Hugo on the other other hand is clearly below Abigail in the MG organization and is just another gang member in it. maybe he trained more in his quest to be a potato but as it stands, Abigail outclasses him

I assume Zeku decided to become stronger after his defeat at Guy's hand. Which would explain why young Zeku has Guy's moveset, but old Zeku has a new moveset

And remember Abigail is still growing. So FF wasnt his peak form.

bubumiao

With the exception of Akuma (since he's not really new) in season 2 have there been any pros actually performing well with the new characters? The only ones I can think of are

Poongko (Kolin)
Goichi (Menat)
Sako (Menat)
Alucard (Abigail)

MCD250

With the exception of Akuma (since he's not really new) in season 2 have there been any pros actually performing well with the new characters? The only ones I can think of are

Poongko (Kolin)
Goichi (Menat)
Sako (Menat)
Alucard (Abigail)
Jwong has won a tournament or two with Ed, as I recall.

lupinko

I'm going with S3 being

Sagat
Sakura
Makoto
Cody
SF2 character (Fei Long?)
SF1 character (Eagle?)

Before anyone says "But X-Kira said two new characters!" I don't believe Kira when it comes to speculation. He's well known for just assuming stuff without any real proof.

Sagat is your SF1 character. Lol

You know, Capcom has thrown a shit ton of curveballs at us in the past two years. Marvel's SP being 4 Marvel and 2 Capcom really shook me.

What if Sagat just isn't in S3 at all?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I want more stages that are like completely mundane places that at a glance are not appropriate for fighting, like say, a locker room or a department store.

I'm going with S3 being

Sagat
Sakura
Makoto
Cody
SF2 character (Fei Long?)
SF1 character (Eagle?)

Before anyone says "But X-Kira said two new characters!" I don't believe Kira when it comes to speculation. He's well known for just assuming stuff without any real proof.

Is this based on anything in particular?

If Makoto or Gouken somehow make it into SFV, that's it. I'll be hooked again.

Been sitting on some FM for a while, and wondering whether to splash it on Zeku next week. He looks great, and I'm hoping he can tide me over until there's at least another 3S character.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Anyone else getting tons of server errors in the last week or so? Things are were working perfectly for so long I forgot that it was a thing, but now most of my match results fail to send.

Most my matches are laggy too. :(

Pompadour

Is this based on anything in particular?

If Makoto or Gouken somehow make it into SFV, that's it. I'll be hooked again.

Been sitting on some FM for a while, and wondering whether to splash it on Zeku next week. He looks great, and I'm hoping he can tide me over until there's at least another 3S character.

Makoto would be a great pick although she isn't the kind of character you can sell multiple skimpy outfits for.

I'd like to see Gouken because he's a very mythical character in Street Fighter and his appearance in SF4 didn't really live up to his status. I'd also be happy with him not actually coming back to life because Akuma has been looking weak as shit with all the dudes he kills coming back to life.

jett

D-Member
I've always liked how Guile has maintained most of his classic SF2 normals. His moveset is more understated than the likes of Menat but I love how great his poses are. Guile is just instantly recognizable, probably just his outline alone is enough.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/H0lmXuI.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/DaWEmZp.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/M8aAUKN.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/pENKzxI.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/AnXvtpY.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/cxdusew.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/2nWVYO6.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5EkeOgX.gif[/IMG]

That last one has always been one of my favorite SF normals. It's just so weird.

MCD250

My favorite Guile animations have always been his air throws. The back breaker, especially. It's so badass.

Thinking on it, Guile was the first character I played in a fighting game that had an air throw. I remember the concept blew my mind at the time.

Makoto would be a great pick although she isn't the kind of character you can sell multiple skimpy outfits for.
So why not release pretty innocent outfits for her that make you want to protect her smile but she won't let you because she can protect her own smile?

I've always liked how Guile has maintained most of his classic SF2 normals. His moveset is more understated than the likes of Menat but I love how great his poses are. Guile is just instantly recognizable, probably just his outline alone is enough.That last one has always been one of my favorite SF normals. It's just so weird.
I loved watching these because of how much SNAP his moves have in this game. It's not like they just keyframed everything, but everything flows smoothly into the final pose, giving it that dangerous impact that makes it seem like a single punch can snap your neck or something. You can even see it in his hair when it bounces/jiggles in the frames following the initial active frame. It's clear when the impact comes in, and it hurts.

"NSFW" my ass. Got me excited for nothing.

But srsly, she's a beautiful cosplayer. Shame you can barely see her gorgeous eyes in these pics.

Top Bottom