• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

E. Honda is such a nothingburger of a character that I'm surprised someone even likes him. Atleast Blanka is unique and has fans. In the competition of stereotypes, E.Honda and T.Hawk are the blandest, Honda being fat and ugly puts him at bottom.
Just because Blanka is unique doesn't somehow justify people being fans of him. I'd compare it to liking Hitler but I'm not Forward.

Honda may be fat but his moveset is fun as fuck. Plus he's got butt slam.

I love Honda lol
tumblr_mbanjbWIh51r8vzdno5_250.gif

Just because Blanka is unique doesn't somehow justify people being fans of him. I'd compare it to liking Hitler but I'm not Forward.

Honda may be fat but his moveset is fun as fuck. Plus he's got butt slam.

Moveset is dope for sure, gotta agree.
It deserves to be salvaged. Honda needs his Nash / Remy

Village

Honda is like the worst. Because he's a function. He has no character, he has no interesting motivations that vary outside of sumo enough. He is sumo, he is " I wanted a sumo character, thus we made sumo" he's a function. And the shitty thing about honda is multiple games have hondas, characters who are just sumo guys doing sumo shit because sumo.

Don't get me wrong, this arceytype happens with other forms of combat as well, but I feel like this happens a lot with sumo. I play fighting games for the characters, and Honda is not one, he is a function. He is the sumo function.

And it sucks, you could probably make a cool young guy who does sumo but dresses in normal clothing when fighting in the streets who has seperate motivations and goals and sumo is only a part of him.He's like a young guy on the sumo cuircuit or something, but no one ever does anything interesting like that, just... sumo man.

I know i'm talking about fighting games, so my standards for motivations aren't the highest. However one of my favorite fighting game characters said he wanted to be a potato in his last apperence, and honda doesn't even reach the potato bar. From his movesets to arcade endings, I get nothing from him. but the sumo function

Launch

Luigi

Into

The

Sun

You need to calm down disrespecting my man Luigi like that

Honda is like the worst. Because he's a function. He has no character, he has no interesting motivations that vary outside of sumo enough. He is sumo, he is " I wanted a sumo character, thus we made sumo" he's a function. And the shitty thing about honda is multiple games have hondas, characters who are just sumo guys doing sumo shit because sumo.

Don't get me wrong, this arceytype happens with other forms of combat as well, but I feel like this happens a lot with sumo. I play fighting games for the characters, and Honda is not one, he is a function. He is the sumo function.

And it sucks, you could probably make a cool young guy who does sumo but dresses in normal clothing when fighting in the streets who has seperate motivations and goals and sumo is only a part of him.He's like a young guy on the sumo cuircuit or something, but no one ever does anything interesting like that, just... sumo man.

I know i'm talking about fighting games, so my standards for motivations aren't the highest. However one of my favorite fighting game characters said he wanted to be a potato in his last apperence, and honda doesn't even reach the potato bar. From his movesets to arcade endings, I get nothing from him. but the sumo functiont
Vulva came up with the perfect solution, She-Honda.

Village

Vulva came up with the perfect solution, She-Honda.

Being a girl doesn't fix being boring and nothing. I don't care who or what gender, all I care about is them being a character rather than a function. Even if its one I don't like like vega, at least its a character.

I get VT now. It's a single use move, but you have to actually enter the state to use that move, effectively giving you an FADC in the form of VT activation and then letting you use the teleport separately.

Using the teleport-dash uses all of your VT, but you get a zig-zag magic chain afterwards that seems to automatically follow up into O.Zeku's palm strike or Y.Zeku's ax kick, both of which are CA-cancelable. The dash itself seems to cancel out of all of Zeku's normals, so you could theoretically get a long ass combo by jumping in as Y.Zeku, doing target combo links and ending with EX Hozanto (or whatever it is that crumples), comboing into VT, linking into a stance change st.lp, magicing that until st.hp (which is special cancellable) and then finishing the combo with EX Gram juggles.

It looks like O.Zeku's st.hp links into Y.Zeku's st.lk after being stance change cancelled. I thought stance change would be completely impractical, but it actually looks nearly instant. You can link after it and you even see in the beginning that he can stance change and still jump over a fireball on reaction.

Also, that combo on Ibuki near the end looks dumb as shit lmfao. It takes forever to end and it has full screen carry. Perfect for timerscams.

I get VT now. It's a single use move, but you have to actually enter the state to use that move, effectively giving you an FADC in the form of VT activation and then letting you use the teleport separately.

Using the teleport-dash uses all of your VT, but you get a zig-zag magic chain afterwards that seems to automatically follow up into O.Zeku's palm strike or Y.Zeku's ax kick, both of which are CA-cancelable.

It looks like O.Zeku's st.hk links into Y.Zeku's st.lk after being stance change cancelled. I thought stance change would be completely impractical, but it actually looks nearly instant. You can link after it and you even see in the beginning that he can stance change and still jump over a fireball on reaction.

Also, that combo on Ibuki near the end looks dumb as shit lmfao. It takes forever to end and it has full screen carry. Perfect for timerscams.

He started that combo midscreen. It's not full screen carry, like half screen and only five seconds in their time. However, it's stylistic as fuck which is exactly what the game needs.

I'm so ready

Btw guys, I asked this a long time ago but given that I'm kinda out of the loop as of recent, which pros still use Ed? I'm too predictable with him, and wanna learn better spacing and set ups from some videos :/
JWong is the only Ed player I know of.

Pompadour

You know, I don't know the answer to this but do all EX moves use 0 juggle points like that? It makes sense because why not let that happen because it burns through your entire bar. I'm going to guess not because I think they removed Ryu's EX FB, EX TATSU, EX SRK combo he had in the beta.

What's the deal with third EX kick? Is it a different move or do the properties change dependin on which buttons you press?

Probably has EX variations like LK+MK and MK+HK.

You know, I don't know the answer to this but do all EX moves use 0 juggle points like that? It makes sense because why not let that happen because it burns through your entire bar. I'm going to guess not because I think they removed Ryu's EX FB, EX TATSU, EX SRK combo he had in the beta.
Nope. Else I'd burn Karin meter on quad tenkos allll day.

Top Bottom