• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

TheOGB

Banned
Ibuki's design looks vastly inferior with bigger bust size tbh. It makes more sense for her to be petite. Plus I'm not a fan of increasing a character's bust size depending on costume. It's extra stupid and makes no sense. I'd post Tekken 7 Eliza's massively increased bust size on her bikini alt in comparison to her default (default looks way better) but honestly it's so dumb it's not even worth posting.
I thought was a thing that just happens when she sucks blood

Sayad

Ibuki's design looks vastly inferior with bigger bust size tbh. It makes more sense for her to be petite. Plus I'm not a fan of increasing a character's bust size depending on costume. It's extra stupid and makes no sense. I'd post Tekken 7 Eliza's massively increased bust size on her bikini alt in comparison to her default (default looks way better) but honestly it's so dumb it's not even worth posting.

When was her bust small though?!
hqdefault.jpg

Edit: Just noticed how dark this is, lol. 2nd impact had no chills!
sf3-2ibuki-4.png

latest

Her baggy outfit just doesn't show it outside specific poses, even now her regular stance does a good job hiding it!

SFV Juri bust buff is an abomination though... Wonder if it's a classy commentary on Korean plastic surgery from their dear Japanese neighbors!

Busty Ibuki is cool IMO. 3S sprite had it right imo.

Juri, on the other hand, is best as a flat chest. Incredible how Juri went from literally the slimmest canon SF character to one of the bustiest without so much as a mention by devs or even in-game (unless you count Abby's story).

Why is everything that SFV did to Juri inferior to SFIV Juri, outside of model quality?

mbpm1

Busty Ibuki is cool IMO. 3S sprite had it right imo.

Juri, on the other hand, is best as a flat chest. Incredible how Juri went from literally the slimmest canon SF character to one of the bustiest without so much as a mention by devs or even in-game (unless you count Abby's story).

Why is everything that SFV did to Juri inferior to SFIV Juri, outside of model quality?

there was no love in her redesign

Sayad

No but that would have at least been somewhat funny tbh

Since SF5. I'm saying it's better now lol

Capcom priorities in a nutshell. Let's butcher the character's kit but increase her bust size. It'll balance everything out
Well, this is confusing! ;p

Is it really smaller now outside Pengus butchered art?!
Hard to see from her normal stance, but she's still pretty busty!

Storm Kubo streamning his Abigail again:
https://www.twitch.tv/stormkubo

Currently fighting Narikun (Master rank Ibuki, #12 on CFN)

Capcom priorities in a nutshell. Let's butcher the character's kit but increase her bust size. It'll balance everything out

Just because she's not top tier (she never was in SF4 either) doesn't mean they "butchered" her move kit.

She's way more interesting in SF5 than she ever was in SF4, IMO.

Like every "low tier" character in this game, she is literally one or two tweaks from being great, if not broken.

Sayad

I get Ibuki, Rog, Vega, Bison, Ken, etc... Being more interesting now, though I'd love to see someone trying to make that argument for Juri.

Edzi

I almost beat Chris G's Abigail, bit lost because Abigail's height fucked up my stun combo. Feels good man :)

I feel like every single one of your posts here has been to point out how good you are. People have mentioned it before, so I'm kinda surprised you're still at it.

I feel like every single one of your posts here has been to point out how good you are. People have mentioned it before, so I'm kinda surprised you're still at it.

I'm sorry I was actually complaining about Abigail's height being irregular in combos and how it was the first time I ran into it. Sorry if I sounded cocky, I really didn't mean to.

RM8

SFV Juri bust buff is an abomination though... Wonder if it's a classy commentary on Korean plastic surgery from their dear Japanese neighbors!
Everyone got boob jobs in this game, lol, look at Cammy and Chun. Capcom is not that clever, they simply wanted to sell more skimpy costumes this time around.

Everyone got boob jobs in this game, lol, look at Cammy and Chun. Capcom is not that clever, they simply wanted to sell more skimpy costumes this time around.
Even Birdie got one!

Nvm fuck this character and this game lol
Come to the Dark Side.

ib9doOj.png

Kens not that bad. Just look at Punks tier list.

Also can't Ibuki do it too? And rashid?
Rashid can't just press st.lk and then throw to do a meaty throw and continue the loop or shimmy as easily as Ken can.

Ibuki is and always has been trash. But even her throw loop isn't THAT bad.
18 years old. I am an adult ;_;
lol no

Gesundheit.

Just because she's not top tier (she never was in SF4 either) doesn't mean they "butchered" her move kit.

She's way more interesting in SF5 than she ever was in SF4, IMO.

Like every "low tier" character in this game, she is literally one or two tweaks from being great, if not broken.
It's not about being high or low tier, it's the fact that she just isn't fun to play. Alex is pretty bad but he's also kinda fun.

She has a hit and run playstyle that's just horribly executed. You're expected to spend 5+ seconds full screen away charging your resources, then hop in and get your opponent to like 700 stun with one combo, then run away if you don't want your shit pushed in, and then repeat the cycle. The only satisfying aspects to her are her AAs (catching somebody with an air grab on reaction feels gooooood) and the few opportunities when your opponent's wakeup is so bad you're actually allowed to capitalize on your high stun output.

I prefer Juris bigger bust TBH.
1N0UjV3.jpg

Natrual is better.
Natural is best.

Juri represents everything wrong with SFV.

Mishandling in movesets/balance
Mishandling of design
Mishandling in OST
Mishandling of a character

joe2187

Banned
How about introducing something like what MKX did and introduce multiple "styles" for a characters gameplay. changing up moves and mechanics, like for example switching from SFV Juri, Ibuki to SFIV moves and whatnot.

Sounds like way too much work for capcom tho...

MvCI's esports proposal leaked. Reveals a lot of budgeting specifics about CPT and SFV as well.

How about introducing something like what MKX did and introduce multiple "styles" for a characters gameplay. changing up moves and mechanics, like for example switching from SFV Juri, Ibuki to SFIV moves and whatnot.

Sounds like way too much work for capcom tho...
Only if those were 100% for fun and not actually meant to be taken seriously at all.

Rashid can't just press st.lk and then throw to do a meaty throw and continue the loop or shimmy as easily as Ken can.

Ibuki is and always has been trash. But even her throw loop isn't THAT bad.no
So you would rather deal with Ibuki or Rashid, much stronger characters than Ken, rather than a throw loop?

Meh...give me a Ken mirror any day over Ibuki, she's pretty nuts IMO. Ken really isn't dangerous until he gets you in the corner, like Mika.'

Also I think you guys over exaggerate how good it is. Guile can get 5 throws in a match easily. Juri's and Karin throw is deceptive (Cammy too) making it seem like they are too far. Akuma can get busy with throws as well. Ken's is just the easiest and most consistent loop.

So you would rather deal with Ibuki or Rashid, much stronger characters than Ken, rather than a throw loop?
Yup. Fuck Ken.

And there's a difference between a throw LOOP and a throw with good range or characters that have the tools to set up ambiguous throws.

And I think you underestimate how good it is, even players like BigBird have openly said that it's cheap.

Top Bottom