• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Pompadour

HotS esports boys. we all grown up.

HGC the best low-key esports production goin on right now tbh

newzoo_most_watched_gamjgv.png

the fact that street fighter isn't in that list is kinda crazy. stream monsters on blast.

wonder what USF4 was on a list like that.

It would have been lower, probably. The only way it would have been higher if the competition was less popular.

Which is to say, for whatever reason, SF4 wasn't streamed as much as SFV.

kirblar

Many of the things that make FGs and SF a not-great Twitch game are the exact things that make them really good for Disney and ESPN.

HOTS beating OW now tho w/ eSports? Kinda think Overwatch League miiiiight be aiming too high right off the bat.

Kashiwaba

Just in time for SF6.

If a lot of SFV's design decisions were a response to SF4 complaints, I wonder what SF6 would be like.

- low damage
- delay based netcode
- reverse priority system where lights beat mediums which beat heavies
- everyone has a meterless reversal
- everyone has a fireball
- no new characters
- only SF2 and a few Alpha characters

You forgot that Count will be leading SFV revival project.

mbpm1

hey, maybe 5 years from now SFV will be a great & respectable game.

until then nah breh
There's a lot to respect in sfv bro

Respect those plus frames, respect those meaty setups, respect those cc buttons, respect those jumpins that can cross up randomly, respect that rollback...

mbpm1

In five years old man Luce will be brought to tears as he speaks about sfv on stage and how we all loved no wakeup

Sayad

Many of the things that make FGs and SF a not-great Twitch game are the exact things that make them really good for Disney and ESPN.

HOTS beating OW now tho w/ eSports? Kinda think Overwatch League miiiiight be aiming too high right off the bat.
Overwatch get a lot of twitch views because some popular streamers stream it, but the game e-sport was never popular on twitch! When I still watched OW it wasn't even getting major FG tournament numbers, let alone EVO, Counter Strike or LOL numbers.

Game really need a lot of work before it's casual spectator friendly, you're bound to miss a lot of the action. Blizzard is most definitely over shooting with Overwatch League, especially if the rumors about them asking for $20 million entry fee from teams are true.

SFV only make e-sport events top 10 lists(ie, tournament views), FGs really aren't that popular with regular streams.

kirblar

Overwatch get a lot of twitch views because some popular streamers stream it, but the game e-sport was never popular on twitch! When I still watched OW it wasn't even getting major FG tournament numbers, let alone EVO, Counter Strike or LOL numbers.

Game really need a lot of work before it's casual spectator friendly, you're bound to miss a lot of the action. Blizzard is most definitely over shooting with Overwatch League, especially if the rumors about them asking for $20 million entry fee from teams are true.
Yeah, it's not a good spectator game as is. (even before the dive meta)

You can get to diamond with anyone given enough time and will and favorable matches

For me the planets will have to align and avoid as much South Americans as possible in order to rank to diamond.

Lucky I was able to fix peerblock and for 3 minutes seeing South America and Mexico 11 times straight.

This game is using some form of desire sensor.

Edzi

oh I guess if I hid being the guise of a weak character instead of just playing and getting better I would be welcomed into your fan club.

Brah...go kick rocks.

I honestly don't think you've actually ever read my posts.

Enjoy your low tier Ken though, along with Chris T's shitty mentality.

Blueblur1

I honestly don't think you've actually ever read my posts.

Enjoy your low tier Ken though, along with Chris T's shitty mentality.
No I do read your posts and i just think you have an ego problem.

- Talking about shadow lord always posting how good he is when he's clearly just excited about his matches

- Constantly ignoring how I always state "Ken's good" even when I complain about things I don't like. I'm assuming you did this with Flux? Producer too?

- Never hardly offering a real counterpoint to my arguments just posting snobbish remarks and worse, piggybacking off other debates

- Belittling my views just because I said "I get where Chris T is coming from."

That's doesn't mean his attitude is justified or that I agree with it, my point was to simply stop being so judgmental of people, we are all imperfect and I'm sure you have some whiny posts in your history all the same.

But cool, if just doing stuff to drive me away from posting here is your goal. It's working...

I'll leave..I'm honestly here to have fun with fellow bros who love SFV like I do. Not this rubbish debating.

And I'll happily play sets with anyone. But yeah, this isn't cool man

mbpm1

For me the planets will have to align and avoid as much South Americans as possible in order to rank to diamond.

Lucky I was able to fix peerblock and for 3 minutes seeing South America and Mexico 11 times straight.

This game is using some form of desire sensor.
It probably just hates you tbh

I hope Sagat and rose had a baby and her name was menat

Shadoken

I dont get the hate for Kens throw loop?

Isnt everyone who has a throw loop in the corner the same? What makes Ken the primary target of the hate?

I dont get the hate for Kens throw loop?

Isnt everyone who has a throw loop in the corner the same? What makes Ken the primary target of the hate?
Ken's is the best because he has strong shimmy and how easy it is to time.

But yeah, other characters have strong throw pressure as well. Karin flies under the radar a bit IMO.

HotS esports boys. we all grown up.

HGC the best low-key esports production goin on right now tbh

newzoo_most_watched_gamjgv.png

the fact that street fighter isn't in that list is kinda crazy. stream monsters on blast.

wonder what USF4 was on a list like that.

Lack of Tekken 7 during its debut month should be more surprising...especially with CEO and the Royal Rumble being Tekken instead of SF this year. But, it's Tekken, so no one ever notices things like this for Tekken or any non Capcom game.

The biggest event during June for SF5 was CEO...the tourney where half of SF5 top 8 wasn't even streamed due to crappy internet, and it still managed to get the most views.

Now, JULY on the other hand...

Mizerman

Just in time for SF6.

If a lot of SFV's design decisions were a response to SF4 complaints, I wonder what SF6 would be like.

- low damage
- delay based netcode
- reverse priority system where lights beat mediums which beat heavies
- everyone has a meterless reversal
- everyone has a fireball
- no new characters
- only SF2 and a few Alpha characters

We'll get the same response. This time, it'll be SF2, Alpha, SF3, SF4 and SFV players wanting SF6 to go die in a fire. The hatred it would get would make SFV's seem like a friendly disagreement.

Onemic

Lack of Tekken 7 during its debut month should be more surprising...especially with CEO and the Royal Rumble being Tekken instead of SF this year. But, it's Tekken, so no one ever notices things like this for Tekken or any non Capcom game.

The biggest event during June for SF5 was CEO...the tourney where half of SF5 top 8 wasn't even streamed due to crappy internet, and it still managed to get the most views.

Shouldve known that post would light up the LD signal

mbpm1

Can you tell your Capcom masters to let me counter a car and destroy it in one blow

I wanna see kolin flip an SUV over her shoulder

Also buff kolin so that the damage of an attack is added to her already existing counter damage so if I parry an Abigail heavy I do 350 damage

Anyway...

@Count I'll be home around 5 please be on!! I gotta get this Laura match down, also Shadow I need Akuma help, air FB traps are killing me.

Top Bottom