• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

roknin

Yeah, I'd want Juri and/or Hakan if I was choosing. I always liked going against Abel, but overall, he's kind of a bland character. I hate Fuerte almost as much as Blanka so he can fuck the fuck off.

Funny thing - back in the day I used to love Blanka.

He's just irritating nowadays, both play-wise and character-wise.

Fuerte I don't mind at all from a design/personality standpoint... I just can't stand the play style when I've had to play against it. Feels super one-dimensional.

Top Fuerte players aside, of course.

I really really hope the crossplay isn't gimped in some way. It would be an absolutely massive online community. Ranked, Unranked, Practice and endless lobbies please.

Laputa_94

This game is so much more appealing to me than SFIV both artistically and mechanically, just give me Q and Makoto and I am day 1.

Polygon's video is pretty good. It's two Capcom reps playing.

https://youtu.be/wDx1x-d3esc

There's a better look at that Final Fight friends poster after Chun makes use of her V-Skill launcher; Cody is atop Haggar's shoulders in his original Final Fight gear:

Pu2b5cE.png

Polygon's video is pretty good. It's two Capcom reps playing.

https://youtu.be/wDx1x-d3esc

There's a better look at that Final Fight friends poster after Chun makes use of her V-Skill launcher; Cody is atop Haggar's shoulders in his original Final Fight gear:

Maybe I'm hearing it wrong, but is the dude from Polygon complaining that throws being two buttons is too simple? That's how it's been since SF3. Really weird thing to fixate on. Probably not the best idea to call a fighting game simple at an early showing either.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I really like V and Super meter dynamics. Now instead of getting super bars to confirm into ultra, youre getting ultra to confirm into super. And since both bars have other uses (v reversals and ex moves) that's going to make bar management much more interesting than building 2 bars for fadc ultra. Aaaand considering that you still gain super bar while in V trigger mode the possibilities of combos unique to each character's V modes are going to be interesting.

Maybe I'm hearing it wrong, but is the dude from Polygon complaining that throws being two buttons is too simple? That's how it's been since SF3. Really weird thing to fixate on. Probably not the best idea to call a fighting game simple at an early showing either.

Yeah, the commentary is pretty dreadful. Neither of them sound terrible experienced or interested in fighting games. That's fine, of course; I like to hear insight from an outsider's perspective too but they just don't have anything interesting to say.

I did like that they picked up on a pub being in a train station as being a silly touch when there absolutely are pubs in most UK train stations.

Maligna

Banned
Amazing and hilarious.

There are more special stage finishes than what we saw at Capcom Cup. One match I played ended with my Bison being shoved into a Hong Kong tour bus that then drove off.

Grimløck;167427617 said:
lmao. why is there no video of this??

I've not seen any stage interactions in any of the new footage, actually. The only thing I've seen is the noodle bowl again, but on M Bison's head. That was just an image, though, from the Famitsu website.

I want someone to get kicked into those train station toilets.

Top Bottom