• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Kouichi

If it's Ingrid, I'm looking forward to the fan rage.

Well it is E3 season, so there's going to be lots of fan rage already, but... I want this particular fan rage.

Hmmm

Ingrid has a unique opening when facing Blanka in Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, where she throws a random fruit (being either a pineapple, a watermelon or a hand of bananas) upon which he either catches it in his mouth or gets hit on the head with it.

GorillaJu

Maybe I'm hearing it wrong, but is the dude from Polygon complaining that throws being two buttons is too simple? That's how it's been since SF3. Really weird thing to fixate on. Probably not the best idea to call a fighting game simple at an early showing either.

It's Polygon. Picking out arbitrary things and complaining about them as if they're cause for concern is their MO.

Looking at some videos, and movelists. So Chun doesn't have that spinny leg move in the air anymore, and it replaced by air lightning legs?

decoy11

Crouch tech being removed makes me wonder if they are removing option selects. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing

Thores

Here what we possibly know about the two E3 reveals

1.) Ono mentioned that we'll see a character that we haven't seen in a while
2.) He recently posted this pic which made people think that the other character will be Blanka

ono6x3szv.png

Wait, do we know that it's exactly two characters being revealed? I've been at work all day so if that was announced I probably missed it

There are only two criticisms I have with it. First, I've never been a fan of having a bunch of meters present on screen, and this game has four of them. Thankfully the HUD is really beautiful, but I wish there was a way to consolidate the two on the bottom in some fashion.

The second is something I've had an issue with in SF4, and its about the camera during Ultras. In this case the V variant. I don't mind a little shift, but at times I feels like the switching and extreme angles take impact away from what should be a powerful move. Fur example, Chin Li didn't even look like she is doing anything due to the angle being so close and directed at her legs. Only the last hit really even tells you something significant is happening. I can't post it at that moment, but I think something closer to the X-ray moves from MK such as Ermac or Quan Chi look much better and flow with combat. Just talking camera work and perspective here, not really the moves themselves.

Veal

Did they change the music in the city street stage?
It starts off similarly to how it was in the original match videos but there's a part with what I can only describe as a sort of vocodery melody that seems to be missing.
I hope not, as I loved that music.

The bit around the 1.05 mark in this video is what I mean... I can't hear that part in the new match vids?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY2...5RqPb8a5w&annotation_id=annotation_3657477471
I noticed that too. Hopefully it's because the fight didn't allow the song to actually get to that point instead of them cutting it out completely as I liked the mood the vocals brought.

Xux

Yo, did they add footstep sounds for regular walking? Bugged the shit out of me that fighting games leave it out. I wanna hear the ptt-ptt ptt-ptt of Ryu's feet as he inches forward.

Also, jeeze, Bison is animated so well; I wasn't even sure anyone could actually stand like he did in SF4 but here, with his coat and shit, he looks so good.

I understood two of those.

Generally, stories have happy endings. After many obstacles are thrown in the hero's way, in the last moment, victory is achieved. If the villain wins, then it's considered a tragedy. The only question you have to ask yourself Omni is this: who is the villain in this story? Is it you, since you're a Ken fan, or is it me, the anti-Ken?

And there we have our answer.

why are people thinking there won't be Ken in SFV?
Verendus is the devil that's why!

New002

Here what we possibly know about the two E3 reveals

1.) Ono mentioned that we'll see a character that we haven't seen in a while
2.) He recently posted this pic which made people think that the other character will be Blanka

ono6x3szv.png

I mean...it's obviously Guile, right? RIGHT!?

Qvoth

v reversals doesn't seem to give knockdowns, not sure if that's good enough to spend your v gauge on
doubt you can immediately combo afterwards either

in 1 of the articles someone mentioned that daigo's infamous parry against jwong is possible, does that mean ryu can use his parry in the air as well? someone should find out

"v reversals doesn't seem to give knockdowns, not sure if that's good enough to spend your v gauge on"

It's enough to stop pressure and reset to neutral, which is all you really use this kind of thing for in most games, Rose SFA2 Alpha Counter aside.

Qvoth

after checking out some videos, seems like v gauge builds really easily anyway so i think it's worth using
like you can get 1 bar in 3-4 hits max i think, probably 2 if you blocked a few

Top Bottom