• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Walk speeds seem slower but moves, jumping, dashing all seem faster
Watching this footage I can't possibly call this game slow

Yeah plus we have only seen 4 characters. Chun actually has a pretty decent walk speed in that footage and Charlie is on some Urien shit with those forward dashes. They might be slowing down walk speed because of those fierce/roundhouse counter hits that cause juggle states. Especially since it looks like they crush other normals and have enough blockstun for you to double up on them in block strings.

petghost

Banned
So what are the odds that we could give Ryu his fake fireball back? Because come on.

#RyuFakeFireball should become a thing. We should start this thing. You know it's the right thing to do. So do the right thing. Do this.

I don't a shit about that but I want donkey kick back like nobodies business.

So what are the odds that we could give Ryu his fake fireball back? Because come on.

#RyuFakeFireball should become a thing. We should start this thing. You know it's the right thing to do. So do the right thing. Do this.
He can charge his fireball during his V-Trigger, chances are you can dash cancel them

I love how they have fun with all the British stereotypes.
What, are you trying to tell me the british don't usually see punk rockers playing around people randomly carrying polo sticks while Queen's guardsmen go in a dancing craze?

I fucking love silly fighting game stages

Sanctuary

Okay, so I guess Ryu can parry like in 3s. But does one ability that applies to a single character mean it's going to play like 3s? Or is everyone just going to pick Ryu?
Anyway, the game doesn't look like 3s to me. If anything, it's just adding and removing elements of the previous games.

cackhyena

Okay, so I guess Ryu can parry like in 3s. But does one ability that applies to a single character mean it's going to play like 3s? Or is everyone just going to pick Ryu?

I mean, there's crouching medium into Supers as well, so there's something to the 3S comment. Still, wait and see mode.

Skilletor

Nobody is saying it plays like 3s. People are saying it reminds them of 3s. There are elements of 3s in the game. This feels like a sequel to SF3 where SF4 felt like a sequel to 2. Another aspect this game has, similar to 3s, is getting around fireballs. Everybody so far has a way to negate them, similar to parries, but with specific utility.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm surprised they gave Ryu the parry V Skill. I would have thought they would give it to a SF3 character or at least Ken due to the famous Evo moment.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My thoughts exactly! And I'm assuming it's only going to get better looking.

Can't wait for final product! :D

I think it's pretty close to unanimous.

That's good.

I bet we get 2 characters revealed this E3.

Cammy
Alex

Alex and Brazilian Newcomer, that's my feeling for now.

Mike Hagger would be nice too!

ancs83.gif

So goood!

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Well, Bison doesn't have a paryy per se, but he is able to absorb normals with his V-Skill. I'm betting it can't do multi hits like Ryu's real parry though.

I'm surprised they gave Ryu the parry V Skill. I would have thought they would give it to a SF3 character or at least Ken due to the famous Evo moment.

kirblar

the damage so far seems marvel-like maybe they gotta tone it down a little if not i could see SFV adopting 3/5 match setups.
Damage scaling for lower hp %s probably isn't in the game yet.

Ryu can parry all 3 hits of an EX fireball. Multi hit parries are indeed real.

It's not really Marvel-like as it is SF2/SF3-like

Attacks in SF4 hit like wet noodles

Yeah, i guess so it's been awhile since i played SF2/SF3 in the sense that eating a DP in those games actually hurt and when i see of footage of SFV Ryu doing a DP he dishes out mad damage.

"the damage so far seems marvel-like maybe they gotta tone it down a little if not i could see SFV adopting 3/5 match setups."

Nah. Damage is fine. Could even be a skosh higher.

KAL2006

Banned
So far only 4 characters are announced. And the V Triggers and V Skills are unique enough. But when they add more characters and can't think of any V Trigger buffs they can add. Bison ans Nash V Skills are already getting into similar territory. And it's gonna be hard to come up with different V Trigger buffs.

Dai101

Banned
"the damage so far seems marvel-like maybe they gotta tone it down a little if not i could see SFV adopting 3/5 match setups."

LOL WAT?? Want big damage, let's get back to CPS1 Street Fighter 2.

roknin

Hnnnngh I just want to see more characters now T^T

Gonna' have to get my PC status upgraded before that release date. (Was planning to build a PC anyhow so...)

I'm really excited for this, lots of it due to seeing better recovery options and more move/playstyle options in general. I like SFIV to a point but the game always feels so damn limited, and that was my one hope for SFV, that they'd give more control to the player again like the Alpha series, SF3TS, and yes, SFxT.

So looking forward to this... just please, please put Juri in this. I'll buy three copies if you do <3

(I don't see how Juri doesn't make it, but you never know... it's Capcom)

Nah. Damage is fine. Could even be a skosh higher.

Agreed. I likes me some high damage, so long as it doesn't turn into 1-confirm = death.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oro and Hakan reveals at E3 and this game will outsell GTA5
Inclined to agree.

Also people thinking it's slower than SF4 are mostly offput by slow walk speeds by half the characters thus far. The gameplay is anything but that from looks early on, which means it can only get faster.

Top Bottom