• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Mik317

I liked the music on the stage with the barrels, Inland Jungle, and Overpass. Not that they are necessarily memorable, but they go well with the action on screen without being overbearing. One thing is certain for me though...I HATE the music in every single one of the stages they added to Ultra SF4 from SFxT. Holy hell the music on those are terrible.

STREET FIGHTER FOOOOUR.

Pachinko

Since it was unveiled , I've always felt that SFV is a stopgap storyline to kickstart SF3 or perhaps over-right it ... maybe even - taking place right after SF3 ?

Either way I feel like we'll get a few more SF3 third strike characters up in this roster - Dudley, Ibuki seem like shoe ins because I think they play differently enough to gel with this new V trigger style. Makoto would be interesting too.

They haven't shown off a grappler yet so maybe Alex will fill that role ?

I'm excited to whatever comes next week at E3 and I'm also excited to try this out next month at EVO and eventually grab a copy next march :D

Makoto already has a V Trigger, kinda. She would fit right in, especially with his heavy the hits are. Also, the crush counter would really lean in her favor.

I really believe that the next character from the Ono tweet is Sean. Check out Seans stage in SF3 Giant attack. I can see 3-4 Shotos being in this game, its always been like this in the SF universe.

sfiii2.png

Durden77

Sonic Booms with a quarter circle? Madness. I won't stand for it. I better get Guile back for my standard charge Sonic Boom action.

Game looks fucking rad.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Fruits are just associated with the character. Due to where he is from. It really isnt that hard if you really follow the series. However, 90% of you dont so im not surprised.

why so touchy? i was just making a dumb joke about watermelons being prevalent in a black guys stage.

i have no clue why sean would be associated with fruits though. and yeah i've played all of the games granted sf3 not so much. do share your wealth of knowledge with the reset of us super fan :p

fader

While watching gameplay videos, the dancing janitor dude in the London stage background kept making me laugh so I made a gif of him. He looks hyped for E3 lol.
Pl7IvuQ.gif

For the 2 new characters at E3, hoping for 1 new female character and a returning male(Alex or Urien please).

my new favorite gif

"street fighter 5 is a new version of street fighter 4"

yea that video was.... yea....

SSReborn

Fruits are just associated with the character. Due to where he is from. It really isnt that hard if you really follow the series.However, 90% of you dont so im not surprised.
No need for this dude.

I do however agree it could be Sean, though I don't know if they would use two Brazil reps with the rumoured character Laura being from Brazil. Then again Blanka is from Brazil and people are guessing him so I guess it doesn't matter all to much.

Durden77

Learn your food groups buddy,

I was thinking the same thing but then I noticed the start up and recovery of the move is that of a Hadoken.

Hasn't the recovery always been quicker than Hadokens? Maybe I'm an idiot. Haven't played in quite some time.

Edit : Ah I see what you're saying. Damn I need my Guile SBs.

The stage interaction stuff should be some kind of end of match thing. Looks kind of silly to see bison leaving on a bus and back for the next round haha

It's possible I'm missing something completely obvious, but what exactly is mirroring?

This is mirroring

sagatans79.png

Sagat's patch is supposed to be on his right eye, but when you mirror his model it makes it looks like he has a patch on both eyes. Companies do mirroring in 2D (particularly when they're using sprites) because of how expensive and time consuming it would be to redraw sprites from both perspectives.

This is mirroring

sagatans79.png

Sagat's patch is supposed to be on his right eye, but when you mirror his model it makes it looks like he has a patch on both eyes. Companies do mirroring in 2D (particularly when they're using sprites) because of how expensive and time consuming it would be to redraw sprites from both perspectives.

Aahhh, OK. Thanks, that clears it up :)

Here what we possibly know about the two E3 reveals

1.) Ono mentioned that we'll see a character that we haven't seen in a while
2.) He recently posted this pic which made people think that the other character will be Blanka

ono6x3szv.png

IMO Blanka would be too obvious, I'd bet on Santamu.
She is accompanied by a monkey, was already rumored to be added to USF4, would fill the doll archetype slot in this game and she's from Vietnam, a country which has yet to be represented in SF.
And like we saw with Decapre, Capcom seems keen to develop dolls lately.
santamu_sf_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

Clawww

She is accompanied by a monkey, was already rumored to be added to USF4, would fill the doll archetype slot in this game and she's from Vietnam, a country which has yet to be represented in SF.

oh man there's that SECRET OF DELTA poster thingy too with the icerink

kirblar

oh man there's that SECRET OF DELTA poster thingy too with the icerink
I saw that but couldn't make out the words- is that relevant in SF canon? It felt like a hint to a new character, given that it's got a girl and is featuring the German word for ice rink despite being a UK stage.

Qvoth

Never heard of the character, but I seem to recall someone in the srkforums mentioning there's a new Vietnamese character as well?

nded

What? SFIV characters weren't mirrored either. Some characters like Sagat and Guile even have two versions of their select screen art to account for asymmetrical features, even Poison's lopsided tanktop strap.

Tizoc

While watching gameplay videos, the dancing janitor dude in the London stage background kept making me laugh so I made a gif of him. He looks hyped for E3 lol.
Pl7IvuQ.gif

For the 2 new characters at E3, hoping for 1 new female character and a returning male(Alex or Urien please).

THANK YOU, been waiting for someone to make this lol.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
What? SFIV characters weren't mirrored either. Some characters like Sagat and Guile even have two versions of their select screen art to account for asymmetrical features, even Poison's lopsided tanktop strap.

Correct.

Purely aesthetic features on characters stay on the correct side no matter which way you're facing in SF4, but I think those that have an actual impact on gameplay (Vega's claw) actually do switch.

SF5 will probably be the same.

Sanctuary

Maybe I'm hearing it wrong, but is the dude from Polygon complaining that throws being two buttons is too simple? That's how it's been since SF3. Really weird thing to fixate on. Probably not the best idea to call a fighting game simple at an early showing either.

Two buttons were used to throw in Alpha 3 as well, although it wasn't limited to just jab + short.

I was thinking the same thing but then I noticed the start up and recovery of the move is that of a Hadoken.

No? Specifically because of the startup and recovery I thought it was still a charge motion. If it had the same recovery as a fireball, he wouldn't so easily be able to rush in behind it. It looks like it has a much longer startup compared to a fireball, but much faster recovery.

Tizoc

Here what we possibly know about the two E3 reveals

1.) Ono mentioned that we'll see a character that we haven't seen in a while
2.) He recently posted this pic which made people think that the other character will be Blanka

ono6x3szv.png

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it'll be Sasquatch :p
sasquatch-eatbanana.gif

^iT'S one of his special moves

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Man, it's been ages since I've been hyped for Street Fighter. Feels good.

J 0 E

This is mirroring

sagatans79.png

I don't remember, was SF4 mirroring the characters?

Sayad

I don't remember, was SF4 mirroring the characters?
Yes it did, it's something that even fighters with 3D models do to keep the consistency of visual cues, GGXrd did it too. SFV isn't completely abandoning it, they're mirroring the animation but not the models. I imagine this will not make it to the final game as it will prove to be a problem when they come across a character with a weapon in one hand, like Vega.

Imagin Nash is Vega, and his glove hand is Vega's claw hand:
Once you mirror his animation but not his model, he will be attacking with his empty hand when he changes sides.

hesido

Yes it did, it's something that even fighters with 3D models do to keep the consistency of visual cues, GGXrd did it too. SFV isn't completely abandoning it, they're mirroring the animation but not the models. I imagine this will not make it to the final game as it will prove to be a problem when they come across a character with a weapon in one hand, like Vega.

Imagin Nash is Vega, and his glove hand is Vega's claw hand:

Once you mirror his animation but not his model, he will be attacking with his empty hand when he changes sides.

They might need to keep mirroring for those characters, why drop it for everyone?

Top Bottom