• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Did they change the music in the city street stage?
It starts off similarly to how it was in the original match videos but there's a part with what I can only describe as a sort of vocodery melody that seems to be missing.
I hope not, as I loved that music.

The bit around the 1.05 mark in this video is what I mean... I can't hear that part in the new match vids?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY2...5RqPb8a5w&annotation_id=annotation_3657477471

I thought the same and wondered if it was because they were fighting in the restaurant.

Looking at some videos, and movelists. So Chun doesn't have that spinny leg move in the air anymore, and it replaced by air lightning legs?

Seems so.

No not SBK, the kind of windmill/sideways like spinning move she had in the reveal vid.

Ah yeah, I don't know how to spell it but I think you're referring to hazanshu(sp?).

It was good for getting through fireballs previously but with V trigger or whatever I guess you don't need it.

The issue with IV was that it went from simple to I CANT DO THIS really quickly in terms of execution requirements as you tried to improve.

IV didn't have good tutorials either. The combo challenges are nice to see what characters are capable of, but I think a lot of people do those and then just go online and try to hit those combos.

I just hope SFV has a good tutorial that teaches fundamentals like spacing, footsies, anti airs, and utilization of normals vs just trying to do massive combos. Hopefully Combofiend can get that in there or someone at Capcom does realize that.

While watching gameplay videos, the dancing janitor dude in the London stage background kept making me laugh so I made a gif of him. He looks hyped for E3 lol.
Pl7IvuQ.gif

For the 2 new characters at E3, hoping for 1 new female character and a returning male(Alex or Urien please).

Totakeke

Have they talked anything about the music being a placeholder or that's actually the final in game music? I can't feel any hype watching the fights with that kind of music playing in the background. Even SF4 (ugh) was better.

XenoRaven

Ah. Well it's probably safe to say a bunch of stuff has changed since that build.
I've seen in some clips her using Sen'en Shuu, from the Alpha series, which I'm pretty sure was the precursor to Hazanshu. I'm not 100% sure if it's an overhead or not, but the moves are both pretty similar so I doubt Hazanshu's in. I'll try to look for a clip of it when I get a minute.

I checked out the IGN match videos. Whoever is playing in those matches actually knows what they're doing. The Ryu player was hitting links consistently and parried successfully many times. It wasn't a serious match though since both guys look like they were just testing stuff out.

So excited to see the Combofiend Kumite. Basically a talented player who has spent tons of time with the game against the best tournament players of right now who have probably only a few hours under their belt. I guess it'll be like when Ryan Hart played Combo's S tier Decapre after winning FR. Even though Ryan picked characters like AE Yun and Vanilla Sagat, he had no idea what he was up against and that version of Decapre was much better than the final version.

I checked out the IGN match videos. Whoever is playing in those matches actually knows what they're doing. The Ryu player was hitting links consistently and parried successfully many times. It wasn't a serious match though since both guys look like they were just testing stuff out.

So excited to see the Combofiend Kumite. Basically a talented player who has spent tons of time with the game against the best tournament players of right now who have probably only a few hours under their belt. I guess it'll be like when Ryan Hart played Combo's S tier Decapre after winning FR. Even though Ryan picked characters like AE Yun and Vanilla Sagat, he had no idea what he was up against and that version of Decapre was much better than the final version.

If it was Vince from IGN then yeah, that dude has been playing SF since SF2 I think.

Just noticed how bland the music is on this stage. Doesn't make me feel like I'm in a fight or even excited at all. Hopefully others are better.

Just noticed how bland the music is on this stage. Doesn't make me feel like I'm in a fight or even excited at all. Hopefully others are better.

Capcom's music has not been stellar in a good while imo. Really hope they take some hints from their past work/up the dramatic flare of the music a bit. SF4 and on have 0 memorable tracks outside a couple character themes.

Capcom's music has not been stellar in a good while imo. Really hope they take some hints from their past work/up the dramatic flare of the music a bit. SF4 and on have 0 memorable tracks outside a couple character themes.
I liked the music on the stage with the barrels, Inland Jungle, and Overpass. Not that they are necessarily memorable, but they go well with the action on screen without being overbearing. One thing is certain for me though...I HATE the music in every single one of the stages they added to Ultra SF4 from SFxT. Holy hell the music on those are terrible.

Top Bottom