• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

J 0 E

Yes it did, it's something that even fighters with 3D models do to keep the consistency of visual cues, GGXrd did it too. SFV isn't completely abandoning it, they're mirroring the animation but not the models. I imagine this will not make it to the final game as it will prove to be a problem when they come across a character with a weapon in one hand, like Vega.

Imagin Nash is Vega, and his glove hand is Vega's claw hand:

Once you mirror his animation but not his model, he will be attacking with his empty hand when he changes sides.

Sagat was not mirrored (his eye patch changes correctly) while Vega's claws mirror for mechanic reasons I suppose

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it'll be Sasquatch :p
sasquatch-eatbanana.gif

^iT'S one of his special moves

Wait, didn't someone say Einsbuhn is the name for a human sasquatch!?

Sayad

Sagat was not mirrored (his eye patch changes correctly) while Vega's claws mirror for mechanic reasons I suppose
You're right, looking it up, it seems Vega's model wasn't mirrored either, they just change which hand hold the claw, his tattoos don't change sides.

Kouichi

I don't think it's confirmed but this information lines up with a leak that mentioned no Ken I believe?

Nah the leaked info says nothing about Ken. There is just a leaker on GAF named Verendus who hates Ken and a lot of people assume that he's hinting that he won't be in SFV. This leaker also knew about SFV and it's Sony exclusivity prior to it being announced so it isn't an unreasonable assumption. But I don't believe he's ever directly deconfirmed him so yeah.

latest

We in this. Just retcon her old storyline out and it's all good.

Here's a moveset for her, even.

Change her fire balls to be timed mines. Can only set 2 at a time. Different strengths for different angles. Her EX is a normal fireball that arcs depending on which buttons pressed for the EX.
Her V-Reversals are her launching counters. 3P for mid/high, 3K for lows.
Her V-Trigger gives her more magic normals and increased range on her regular magic normals.
For her V-Skill, she blows magic dust from her hands and triggers her mines. The magic dust deals damage regardless of whether or not there's any mines, but it gets stronger the more fireballs are on screen.

Two buttons were used to throw in Alpha 3 as well, although it wasn't limited to just jab + short.

No? Specifically because of the startup and recovery I thought it was still a charge motion. If it had the same recovery as a fireball, he wouldn't so easily be able to rush in behind it. It looks like it has a much longer startup compared to a fireball, but much faster recovery.

I never said the frames were exactly like a hadoken. It just doesn't have the speed and recovery of a charge motion fireball. Also V-trigger seems to have cancel properties like focus attacks from sf4.

Sesha

IMO Blanka would be too obvious, I'd bet on Santamu.
She is accompanied by a monkey, was already rumored to be added to USF4, would fill the doll archetype slot in this game and she's from Vietnam, a country which has yet to be represented in SF.
And like we saw with Decapre, Capcom seems keen to develop dolls lately.
santamu_sf_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

dTVKL.gif

That'd be so hype. I've been wanting Santamu as a character for a long time. She's by far the most interesting design of her counterparts. SF5 would be day one if she (or Eagle, Q or Oro) made it in. Hopefully they'd drop the dolls crap as that is played out.

I'm trying really hard to come to terms with the death of hazanshu and kikosho....But..

*cries*

Goodbye, Kikosho Wall of Shame.. :(

Hazanshu is still in, but instead of that sweet jumping spinning heel drop, she just frontflips and drops some weak-ass kick instead. It's similar to her Alpha version.

other combos that would look great with a gif:

around 4:30 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_dTwrtBfOE
around 2:00 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWQoe01yjo
around 1:28 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKA0lZ4hubg

I love Nash combo in this video around 3:12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDx1x-d3esc
Nice videos and combos.

You guys know you can copy videos with a certain time stamp, right? Just right-click the progression bar at the time you want and click "Copy video url at current time".

IE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wDx1x-d3esc#t=193

PS. Nash is my main on day one. Character is fire.

Mœbius

I love Nash combo in this video around 3:12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDx1x-d3esc

My takeaway from that vid as a Brit: why doesn't the lady from Polygon know that red boxes are telephone boxes not a "police box"? I mean, it's a stereotype / icon to the point that even if you've never visited you would know... not to mention it has the word "Telephone" written on it. It's particularly ironic given that she makes of point of stating that she's simply the spectator and likes noticing the background flourishes before proceeding to incorrectly identify all said flourishes. Nice observation skills there sister.

Also that combo was nice. :p

IMO Blanka would be too obvious, I'd bet on Santamu.
She is accompanied by a monkey, was already rumored to be added to USF4, would fill the doll archetype slot in this game and she's from Vietnam, a country which has yet to be represented in SF.
And like we saw with Decapre, Capcom seems keen to develop dolls lately.
santamu_sf_pictureboxart_160w.jpg
That would be great! There's also a solid chance she wouldn't be a doll anymore since Bison's power is fading (limited Psycho crusher, gray hair, slow walk speed), so maybe she'd be out for revenge or something.

Beautiful.

HAWT.

Sadatay.

Sa-da-tay

Since it was unveiled , I've always felt that SFV is a stopgap storyline to kickstart SF3 or perhaps over-right it ... maybe even - taking place right after SF3 ?

Either way I feel like we'll get a few more SF3 third strike characters up in this roster - Dudley, Ibuki seem like shoe ins because I think they play differently enough to gel with this new V trigger style. Makoto would be interesting too.

They haven't shown off a grappler yet so maybe Alex will fill that role ?

I'm excited to whatever comes next week at E3 and I'm also excited to try this out next month at EVO and eventually grab a copy next march :D
This is what I'm now thinking, too, although it would just be a few months (or no more than two years) after 3S. When you look at things like Ryu's Denjin Mode, it obviously seems superior to just the plain Denjin Hadoken he had in 3S, which would hint at him unlocking more abilities with it over time.

Or if Denjin turns out to be some sort of curse and/or have major drawbacks when applied too liberally to a fighter's repertoire, they have to scale it back. That could peg the game as before 3S, but a bit after 2S.

Reasonable 3S choices there too, though I think they might put Alex there in lieu of Makoto.

dTVKL.gif

That'd be so hype. I've been wanting Santamu as a character for a long time. She's by far the most interesting design of her counterparts. SF5 would be day one if she (or Eagle, Q or Oro) made it in. Hopefully they'd drop the dolls crap as that is played out.

Hazanshu is still in, but instead of that sweet jumping spinning heel drop, she just frontflips and drops some weak-ass kick instead. It's similar to her Alpha version.

This thing?
latest

Not the same :(

ec0ec0

wow i hadn't watched that preview going to do it now :p

You guys know you can copy videos with a certain time stamp, right? Just right-click the progression bar at the time you want and click "Copy video url at current time".

Thankyou!! I made that with the 3 videos that i posted earlier:

and here's the one that you did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wDx1x-d3esc#t=193 (the one that Videad posted earlier)

p.s. we need gifs!! :p

Top Bottom