• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Yes my blonde haired goddess is back! Looking forward to seeing her interpretation of the V Systems, and generally how Birdie will play. Goddamn, it's been a while.

For different reasons I'm really curious what Birdie and Cammy will look like on this new engine.

What do you guys think of a gold system for skin unlocks instead of Skin packs?

Something like smite where you get some gold for logging in daily, achievements, wins etc...

You can always just buy gold as well. Maybe have some super rare items like different colored projectiles or something. I ask because these kinda of things make a lot of supplemental income for the developer and help fund tournaments and further development. I think it would be a good fit if it's only applied to cosmetics. Every game that has utilized this sort of cosmetic monitization has had community driven majors from 250k to 10 million dollars and a ton of updates. I think it would fit SF well.

Kouichi

Whoa Cammy and Birdie? Well I got Cammy right! Can't wait to see them action.

Looks like a lot of people were right about Birdie based off the stage.

zlatko

Banned
Watch your tongue bruh. You shook of dem dere Canon Spikes?

Cammy has missed what, 1 Street Fighter game with #3? Plus she's cameod in plenty of versus projects.

Save her dumb ass for DLC. People would buy her and Ken no problem.

Birdie... fine. No one would really buy him as DLC so make him in base game. Whatever. I'll deal.

Cammy though? Bitch is played out. Rather see Ken if we have to bring a character who is there non stop.

It's interesting that they chose one the most popular characters (Cammy) and one of the least popular characters (Birdie) from that 2013 poll that they conducted. So they definitely aren't going solely on high ranking characters from that poll.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
diRRbqH.png

That would be very interesting to see how they would portray Birdie in Street Fighter V if that article is correct about two characters.

ElFly

Birdie is pretty great if they keep his Alpha 2 moveset.

Balrog-like charges + 360 grab

If they change his super to be a 720 grab we are golden, but even without that it is acceptable.

Dizzy-4U

When they say that you can't die from chip damage, does that include ex attacks and ultras? Or just from normals and fireballs?

kirblar

When they say that you can't die from chip damage, does that include ex attacks and ultras? Or just from normals and fireballs?
Supers do it, nothing else does. There's chip damage in the game, but it's grey life that recovers unless you get hit for real.

Gren

Wow, Birdie eh? Didn't see that one coming.

If they're not afraid of dipping their hand deep into the character popularity hat, then my hopes for Sodom may somewhat be plausible.

dankir

How many characters are they aiming for in the initial roster?

Also looks like these V skills are just like Instinct Mode for KI characters, and Ryu's win animation is basically Jago's lol.

I'm really like what I'm seeing so far, I'll be picking up a stick for my PS4 looks like next year.

Kientin

Awww yiss, Birdie! He is #4 in my 4 characters I want to see in. Feels good to see that I have someone I really want to play in there if Claw, Gen, or Q don't show up.

dankir

We don't know what they're aiming for but we're expecting something like 16 at launch

Good enough for me, I hope the returning characters play differently than they do compared to their SFIV renditions.

I really lost interest in SFIV after Super, Cammy and Bison were really boring characters. Bison looks very interesting this time around.

qcf x2

It's hilarious to me that people are really suggesting that Ken might not make it on the initial roster. Lol, please. We're gonna see 3S Ken and there's nothing you can do about it.

He hasn't been shown/teased because Capcom is showing characters w/ different playstyles. Having two of the first reveals be shotos who play mostly the same in every iteration is beyond lame. He'll probably be shown after they show a new character and someone who hasn't been seen since 3S, like Urien.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'd take Haggar over Gief any day. i don't care if characters are pallet swaps with minimal changes just give me some new blood.

There's a Haggar poster on the new stage so dunno... i dont think it will be part of the roster

It's hilarious to me that people are really suggesting that Ken might not make it on the initial roster. Lol, please. We're gonna see 3S Ken and there's nothing you can do about it.

He hasn't been shown/teased because Capcom is showing characters w/ different playstyles. Having two of the first reveals be shotos who play mostly the same in every iteration is beyond lame. He'll probably be shown after they show a new character and someone who hasn't been seen since 3S, like Urien.

If they do character pack DLC's, then it wouldn't surprise me if Ken doesn't make the initial roster. He'd be a perfect candidate to carry a pack of characters that weren't necessarily popular. Same with characters like Akuma or Sakura.

Top Bottom