• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Sblargh

Banned
Do all launchers launch at the same height?

For example if I have a good tag combo with a team and change the first character, can I do the same combo using the same second character? (is that clear?)

so any of you planning on using the color editor to make your go to teams coordinate? What about some of the alt costume pack?

I'm definitely gonna have a good time messing around with these. Looking forward to see what the rest of the alt costumes look like since they haven't showed the full cast.

Ogre
Jin
Xiaoyu
Law
Paul
Asuka

Akuma
Bison
Juri
Balrog
Vega

Those still haven't had their alt's revealed. Real curious who on the other side's costume they will get.

Natural

I don't know who I'm going to use just yet, definately want to rep Team Guy, but not sure who to partner him up with - maybe a Tekken character.

It's gonna be mad fun testing out all the character combinations.

Tizoc

Thanks, n3ss!
I've updated the first post and will now go on to add the Gamertags and remove the Avatars that are taken.
If anyone wants to make some more avatars, feel free to do so and let me know about them ;3

Wonder what Asuka's alt will be. Sakura?

That would be acceptable. Really curious about Vega's maybe Miguel's?
180px-Miguel_Caballero_Rojo_-_Full-body_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_6.png

LowParry

I already know I'm going to be having a very long weekend. Seeing people get early copies, checking out streams. Bleh. Bleh!

Tizoc

Phew took me a while but I finished updating the first 3 posts. Will post about some of my thoughts on the game (still don't have it yet =P) later~

Arozay

Due to the lack of Rose, Adon and Oni, I'll probably try an all Tekken team at the start. I'll eventually mess around with Rolento and Poison.

Tizoc

@sblargh-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464723

Since I have family get togethers at least every other weekend, this game'll be a blast to play just for fun thanks to it's 4 player mode.

I dunno if I'd say this is the best SF game ATM, but if I like it a lot more than SSF4...I may trade that in. SFxT looks to be a lot more fun than SSF4 to me TBH.

B00TE

It looks a lot more fun to me just because of pair play, since I'm usually always playing in a group. I continue to get hype at the idea that my buddy and I can work online together. Or just blow off steam in Scramble.

Is there any way I can find out for sure if the Japanese version of the game will run on an american xbox360? It works for street fighter 4.. so it probably will for this one too, but I'd like to get confirmation somehow. I live in Japan and need to figure out which one to preorder.

SykoTech

The hype is strong with this one.

Still unsure what my gameplan is, but I can see myself buying it by the end of March. Don't think I'll be able to resist for very long.

B00TE

Guide is out tomorrow, according to Gamestop's website. I was told by two different things by the employee's at the store I preordered the game and guide, one said it would be there on Friday if I wanted it then and the other told me they couldn't sell it till Tuesday. I really want to look over it beforehand, man.

the thing I am looking the most forward to about this game is that it seems way more fun than SF4, I always found SF4 to be a step down from Street Fighter fun.

Seeting Ryu get the the mule-kick back and shit like that and having character proceed into higher offense makes SxT more appealing than SF4

rCIZZLE

aQJTS.png

Dibs on Guile since Cammy is taken. I really hope those extra 12 characters hit console. Being fighting game characters exclusive to a handheld is a complete waste.

TDLink

aQJTS.png

Dibs on Guile since Cammy is taken. I really hope those extra 12 characters hit console. Being fighting game characters exclusive to a handheld is a complete waste.

They will, Ono already said as much. I don't know why people are still doubting this.

LakeEarth

What do you think the best team organization should be? I'm thinking that the point character should be the one that can open people up, while the second character should be able to do huge damage when tagged in. And it's nice if the secondary also has the ability to cancel out safely.

I think Vega is a good point character, but a terrible secondary because he has the range, but doesn't do the damage. When he's tag cancelled in and the damage scaling is already bad, his contribution is weak. But let him get the hit, tag in Hugo or King, and you get to take away a huge chunk.

Something that is important for both characters: You need to have a 'no-tag' combo. You seem to lose your recoverable health when you tag, even with a tag cancel. I keep seeing people on Cross Assault do combos where they tag cancel and lose so much "grey" life because its their go-to combo. I feel like its a mistake people have to learn to stop making.

AEREC

Preordered on 360 since I have a HRAP VX SA for it. I really hope MegaMan and Pacman will be available for 360 too.

Binabik15

What do you think the best team organization should be? I'm thinking that the point character should be the one that can open people up, while the second character should be able to do huge damage when tagged in. And it's nice if the secondary also has the ability to cancel out safely.

I think Vega is a good point character, but a terrible secondary because he has the range, but doesn't do the damage. When he's tag cancelled in and the damage scaling is already bad, his contribution is weak. But let him get the hit, tag in Hugo or King, and you get to take away a huge chunk.

Something that is important for both characters: You need to have a 'no-tag' combo. You seem to lose your recoverable health when you tag, even with a tag cancel. I keep seeing people on Cross Assault do combos where they tag cancel and lose so much "grey" life because its their go-to combo. I feel like its a mistake people have to learn to stop making.

I don't play anyone but family on fighters and we're all pretty low level, but Vega+King would be my team based on awesomeness alone. Maybe King+Blanka and King+Zangief to mix things up, but King is the best.

Too bad Vita version won't be out soon. I have to wait.

LakeEarth

I don't play anyone but family on fighters and we're all pretty low level, but Vega+King would be my team based on awesomeness alone. Maybe King+Blanka and King+Zangief to mix things up, but King is the best.

Too bad Vita version won't be out soon. I have to wait.

From the streams, it seems King takes some effort to get the first hit. At least at this early stage. But he can be tagged in and do that knee, knee, knee, knee, air grab juggle for tasty damage.

PSN: Jo_Jo_X
Region: Chicago, IL

I'm pretty ass at SF games, but I really wanna put some time into this one, looks so fun! Probably won't be using any SSF4 holdovers outside of general practice (I never found anyone I'm truly comfortable with in that game).

Will be getting on PC also

LakeEarth:

I also feel like, if you really love close up, mix up heavy characters (grapplers, etc.) that have bad matchups against zoners, it might not be a bad idea to start them second and use characters that can either hold their own or get in on those sorts of characters relatively easier and tag them in with a switch cancel or cross rush. This immediately puts your character in a favorable position to start their close up game.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
How do you do those unique moves that are charged into super or ex?

E.g ryu charging his hado to a full super? Do you just do a QCF + P and hold it?

Guide is out tomorrow, according to Gamestop's website. I was told by two different things by the employee's at the store I preordered the game and guide, one said it would be there on Friday if I wanted it then and the other told me they couldn't sell it till Tuesday. I really want to look over it beforehand, man.

Nah, you won't get it till Tuesday. I tried that with the UMVC3 guide, and ON THE DAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO SHIP, they changed the release date to Nov. 15. Real bummer.

zlatko

Banned
My point character of Rolento is all about great footsies, mix ups, and wittling you down as he builds meter annoying you.

The second is Steve Fox, because I feel he should can cover Rolento's short comings in the way of damage, and perhaps against more mashier players on wake up so he can stance change, absorb the mash, and counter slap them silly.

My whole plan gem wise and play wise, is to use rolento to be quick (speed gems) to build meter(meter gems) and wittle people down until his health is around 50%. If he slips down to less than 50%, or is on full meter, then I'll get in Steve safely to get in dat damage and stage come backs, or quickly finish them off via some strength gems and speed gems.

LakeEarth

Yeah its longer then a lvl 3 Focus charge though

I can't wait for people to find ways to combo into charge supers. That Marduk/Ryu one in the Desk video is just the beginning.

I also want to see more combos when you tag cancel when the point character is doing a long move, like Ken's hurricane kick or Vega's roll. There's probably some nice damage you can get from that, especially in the corner.

Top Bottom