• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Horseress

I'm thinkin' Law/Sagat for now....still have to test if Sagat has good damage, but I think it may work....(loving that theory fighting pre-game release!!! <3)

LakeEarth

Can you tag cancel a projectile? To tag cancel you have to throw out a move that hits or gets blocked. I was wondering if you could throw out a projectile and then tag when it gets to the opponent. That'd probably be too strong to get projectile characters out safely.

Tizoc

How do you do those unique moves that are charged into super or ex?

E.g ryu charging his hado to a full super? Do you just do a QCF + P and hold it?

Yup that's how you do it, each character can only charge one move BTW.

Tough choices but im going to try and stick away from my shadaloo kings for the first few months, mostly stick with tekken fighters like Law, Mishimas, Lili. Only interested in Hugo and Poison from the SF side.

I am more excited for the dlc characters Bryan, Lars, Lei, Christie and Elena.

Horseress

Can you tag cancel a projectile? To tag cancel you have to throw out a move that hits or gets blocked. I was wondering if you could throw out a projectile and then tag when it gets to the opponent. That'd probably be too strong to get projectile characters out safely.

I think you can tag cancel everything, I'm not sure if, in the projectile case, you tag cancel right after you do the special or when the special hits/gets blocked by the opponent

I can honestly say that throughout the entire week that I've watched Cross Assault. I learned absolutely nothing about the game. Ok, not entirely true but point being that my knowledge of the game is pretty lacking despite watching so often. With that said I'm excited to get my hands on the game and breaking it down the best I can.

LakeEarth

I can honestly say that throughout the entire week that I've watched Cross Assault. I learned absolutely nothing about the game. Ok, not entirely true but point being that my knowledge of the game is pretty lacking despite watching so often. With that said I'm excited to get my hands on the game and breaking it down the best I can.
Some things I learned:
- you have to learn some damaging combos or else every round ends in a timeout
- you still lose recoverable life if you tag cancel
- SRK tag cancel is not safe
- NerdJosh figures shit out QUICK
- about 3000 people are fiending for more Cross Assault when it goes off the air (LI Joe stream)

Skilletor

As in the art style? Or the gameplay?

Both, lol. Not trolling (or not trying to, anyway), and I have the game paid for. I'm just feeling less excited for this than I have a fighter in a long time. I love fighting games, but this just feels meh to me. Probably doesn't help that every time I watched the stream I saw the same characters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Both, lol. Not trolling (or not trying to, anyway), and I have the game paid for. I'm just feeling less excited for this than I have a fighter in a long time. I love fighting games, but this just feels meh to me. Probably doesn't help that every time I watched the stream I saw the same characters.

If it's any perspective, this is probably the first time I've ever been really excited for a fighting game. Hopefully it'll be a gateway drug

ShinAmano

I am basing my hype solely on the lineage of Capcom vs Snk...I have faith that Capcom can make me like tekken characters like they did with Kof characters.

Tekken never did it for me, but I like some of the characters.

zlatko

Banned
If it's any perspective, this is probably the first time I've ever been really excited for a fighting game. Hopefully it'll be a gateway drug

I was super hyped for SF4 when it was being released, but this game has me far more hyped than SF4 or its itterations. Why? Because Rolento is real and he's in it. I was always hyped for SF4 and its subsequent additions because I felt, "okay, now they'll add Rolento, because he just fits so damn well for this game, and is highly requested." That never came. :(

Now? Oh fuck yeah. All aboard the hype train at maximum wesker levels of speed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was super hyped for SF4 when it was being released, but this game has me far more hyped than SF4 or its itterations. Why? Because Rolento is real and he's in it. I was always hyped for SF4 and its subsequent additions because I felt, "okay, now they'll add Rolento, because he just fits so damn well for this game, and is highly requested." That never came. :(

Now? Oh fuck yeah. All aboard the hype train at maximum wesker levels of speed.

I think my hype is more that it's basically Street Fighter with a shitload of new characters that aren't heavily based off of other SF characters

kodecraft

My point character of Rolento is all about great footsies, mix ups, and wittling you down as he builds meter annoying you.

The second is Steve Fox, because I feel he should can cover Rolento's short comings in the way of damage, and perhaps against more mashier players on wake up so he can stance change, absorb the mash, and counter slap them silly.

My whole plan gem wise and play wise, is to use rolento to be quick (speed gems) to build meter(meter gems) and wittle people down until his health is around 50%. If he slips down to less than 50%, or is on full meter, then I'll get in Steve safely to get in dat damage and stage come backs, or quickly finish them off via some strength gems and speed gems.

Sounds good until you get in the ring!

Skilletor

I think my hype is more that it's basically Street Fighter with a shitload of new characters that aren't heavily based off of other SF characters

The Tekken characters are the reason I care about this at all. I hope they take the ideas from these characters and apply them to SF for whatever we get next.

When I do play, it'll likely be all Tekken characters and Cammy. Because I love Cammy.

<3 Cammy.

<3 <3 <3

Imm0rt4l

I'm hyped that this isn't going to be another iteration of setup fighter 4. Less of the vortex bullshit, lets fight like gentlemen.

BHK3

Banned
My main hype stems from the fact that I can use tekken characters which I've known for most of my life to kick the ass of the street fighter characters I don't like.

LakeEarth

Bingo. For someone who's rarely played Tekken, it's basically 20 new characters to try out + Rolento and Poison and Hugo who weren't in SF4.

zlatko

Banned

This too. It's like SF4.5 with a megaton of DLC of new fight styles.

I'm total ass at Tekken, but I love Steve Fox, so it's great I can play a game that initially looks something more comfortable to me and my play skills as they are and enjoy his awesome fight style.

The only way this game could be perfect is if it's netcode is SC5 good or better, and if they add in Urien later on.

Game of the forever material if that came to fruition.

d0c_zaius

The Tekken characters are the reason I care about this at all. I hope they take the ideas from these characters and apply them to SF for whatever we get next.

When I do play, it'll likely be all Tekken characters and Cammy. Because I love Cammy.

<3 Cammy.

<3 <3 <3

I think you might like it, after getting used to its differences. I pretty much hated it, but after getting used to the new mechanics and seeing the Pros on Cross Assault try some stuff, there seems to be more opportunities for creativity. I imagine when the game first comes out, there will be some people complaining that matches are nothing but time outs and chain combo into missed launcher into another chain combo. But that definitely does change as you play the game more and get used to attack timing, what you think is safe vs what is actually safe, etc. It gets really fun.

I do agree about some aspects of the art style, more so on some characters than others. And as I've mentioned, hitboxes feel weird sometimes. But playing a game like this with tekken style characters and mechanics feels interesting and fresh.

It's going to be fun stomping capcop fanboys and people just playing it like sf4.

LakeEarth

For sure there is no comeback mechanic?

Pandora looks pretty weak, and supers don't do a shit-ton of damage unless you do it 3rd Strike style (low forward -> super).

The only way this game can fail me is bad netcode. And Capcom have done an acceptable job on that so far. Though this game better have a region filter (stupid 3s:Online).

CSX

Probably been asked years ago but are the movelists for Tekken characters similar to Tekken or they have been all Street Fighterified? Quarter circle inputs, Z, etc

ShinAmano

So...kind of related. When Tekken x Street Fighter hits it will be supposedly right around when new consoles are hitting...will it be on them or ps360? Also I have a feeling that sfxt will sell much better...anyone think otherwise?

TreIII

My fighting game friends basically "bullied" me into buying this, so I guess I'll be giving it a try, now. :lol

Someone brought it up in an earlier thread but what are pad players like myself looking to do about button binding? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but for Ryu for example and EX Hado is qcf PP and his super is qcf PPP?

Kind of sucks because for SF4 I'd have PPP and KKK bound to the two triggers, there was no need for differentiation between EX and ultra moves because the commands were different, qcf vs double qcf. I dunno the best way to approach it, I suspect though hitting two buttons at the same time on the pad consistently might be tough.

BHZ Mayor

Not sure if this has been answered, but if both players enter Pandora Mode, is that still pretty much an auto win for whoever does it second?

Not sure if this has been answered, but if both players enter Pandora Mode, is that still pretty much an auto win for whoever does it second?

There's no advantage for the 2nd player entering Pandora. If someone does it randomly, it's basically a guaranteed for the other player no matter what happens.

zlatko

Banned
Though not as prevalent or important considering the roll mechanic

I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of option select can be found to cover a tech roll forward and the possibility of just standing up. Time will tell.

I'm just glad that option selecting a throw is harder to do thanks to the short range of throws in this game.

"An alpha counter is an attack during blockstun. It costs 1 meter and is used to get people the fuck off you holmes. It's called an alpha counter since the attack was introduced in Alpha 1."

It was first introduced in Darkstalkers, technically, where it was called Guard Cancel (it's actually called that in SFxT isn't it?) but Street Fighter Alpha was obviously much more popular with the western competitive scene so the term Alpha Counter stuck over GC.

That's just nitpicking about the term, though.

An alpha counter is an attack during blockstun. It costs 1 meter and is used to get people the fuck off you holmes. It's called an alpha counter since the attack was introduced in Alpha 1.

oh IC lol thank-you for the explanation as well Teknopathetic. That to me is a real good helpful tool for this game.
Loving this forum already everyone's nice
3AQmK.gif

Top Bottom