• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

sephi22

...And e-sports/aaaaa ISN'T niche?
KuGsj.gif

Uhmm...ah...wel...I got nothing

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

From what I've seen he is definitely still a strong character in this game. All the grapplers are a real threat.

What makes him a bit weaker IMO is that on wake up he isn't as big of a threat to players standing up thanks to roll forward and a shorter normal throw range. However, with a shorter normal throw range, it will make his command grabs much more solid since he shouldn't be getting thrown out of EX ones.

They gave him a new move which is a shoulder tackle like Uriens and is a charge move.

All around though I'd say he's a good character, but maybe a bit less scary than his SF4 part. Easier to play? Yeah definitely thanks to chains being present.

Oh and his super art sucks IMO. If I saw right he can't link or chain into it since it is a command grab. :(

Honest with you, I am very happy that grapplers finally shine in the game. I main 80% of grapplers in fighting games.

Main: Mike Haggar, Thor and She-Hulk - UMVC3/MVC3
Main: T.Hawk, Gief and Hakan - SSF4
Main: Alex - TvC
Main: Hugo and Alex - SF3

I am going to pick up dem grapplers and see what I like and what would work with. I am hoping to main Hugo. It's his time now!

ielCOk.gif

zlatko

Banned
Seth said all the links he couldn't do in SFIV he can do in this game no problem. Some people described the links being having 1 more frame of leniency.

It seemed that way to me watching too, but where I heard some things might be harder to hit was Spooky and I forgot who asked him that question. It was something like, "I'm finding it harder to do so and so's combo/link" and Spooky was like yeah they made that harder.

If I'm botching up my memory then my bad.

This game should overall be easier on execution though. Like I'd love if M.Bison's short short short scissor kick was made easier. Yes I am that bad that I couldn't get the shorts consistently. :(

zlatko

Banned
@Intel

I'm not big on grapplers as the only one I've ever mained was Abel for SF4, but that was only due to his other traits that I liked.

I'm a fan of mobile characters, lots of health if possible(no glass jaws please), and big ass damage.

UMvC3: Nova, Hawkeye, Wesker
SF4: Abel
SF3: Urien
Alpha: Rolento

I went with Abel because of his solid walk speed, but his roll giving him lots of mobility options as well as wheel kick covering gaps for good punishes and being in. I LOVE his comeback factor with a few command grabs.

I prefer charge characters honestly, but none of them ever fit the bill quite like Urien does. He just flows.

That's why if this game ever gets Urien, then my forever team is Rolento/Urien. Toppest of tiers for life.

I will say though, this is the first fighter where a lot of the cast I want to experiment with is in fact grapplers.

King
Marduk
Abel
Nina

Probably been mentioned a million times but will this have a demo?

I'm still not convinced that Street Fighter and Tekken gameplay styles don't go together like jelly and tuna fish.

zlatko

Banned
Never thought of Nina as a grappler, but now I'm obligated to use her too

I never touched her in Tekken so maybe I'm off base. I just remember seeing Valle the other day or today doing her trials, and it had her doing head locks, into other moves as she was grappling and holding them.

From what I saw that shit is stupid hard to do, because Valle couldn't do it worth a damn, and I know for a fact his execution and prowess in a fighter is way higher than my own.

@Dark

I wouldn't count on it. If there IS one planned, it'd be way down the line. If you aren't convinced though I wager places like Best Buy or Gamestop might have the game set up on week of release for people to try at their stores, or you could rent it. Oh and there's always the go to a buddies house who bought it and try it out option as well.

Bleep

Probably been mentioned a million times but will this have a demo?

I'm still not convinced that Street Fighter and Tekken gameplay styles don't go together like jelly and tuna fish.

Capcom don't usually do demos for fighting games. There is very little tekken in the gameplay mechanics.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Oh cool. Then iirc you and itsumobasho did most of the work? Congo rats.

itsumobasho is my Japanese ringname, actually lol. I have like 3 names that I go by depending on the game :)

Tizoc showed me love in the OP. Thanks, dawg.

And good to see Oichi too. Please tell me you'll have time for the OT for Final Showdown? Wouldn't be a VF thread without you.

I am down for a Final Showdown OT! But in the meantime I'm all in for SFXTK and SC5 <3

vocab

From what I saw that shit is stupid hard to do, because Valle couldn't do it worth a damn, and I know for a fact his execution and prowess in a fighter is way higher than my own.

Will see. I'm seeing some things that look a lot easier than SFIV in general. A lot of the tekken stuff is very unconventional so it's gonna take a bit of practice. This may be the first fighting game where I will actually make an effort to 100% all the trials.

zlatko

Banned
Will see. I'm seeing some things that look a lot easier than SFIV in general. A lot of the tekken stuff is very unconventional so it's gonna take a bit of practice. This may be the first fighting game where I will actually make an effort to 100% all the trials.

I did that with SSF4. It's satisfying, but will completely make you want to punch yourself and chuck an arcade stick sometimes.

My last trial in SSF4 was Ibuki's 23 or 24 which had like 1 frame links, target combos, and super jump cancelling into ultra. I swear I spent 4-5 hours straight on it. Pure torture. Got it done? 100% bad ass over here.

I'll definitely 100% all of them here though. Forgot if I did all of MvC3's or not, but it becomes a bit addictive to do them all once you can do it for one game.

Moaradin

I did that with SSF4. It's satisfying, but will completely make you want to punch yourself and chuck an arcade stick sometimes.

My last trial in SSF4 was Ibuki's 23 or 24 which had like 1 frame links, target combos, and super jump cancelling into ultra. I swear I spent 4-5 hours straight on it. Pure torture. Got it done? 100% bad ass over here.

I'll definitely 100% all of them here though. Forgot if I did all of MvC3's or not, but it becomes a bit addictive to do them all once you can do it for one game.

I loved doing the trials too. Mainly for collecting all the Icons and Titles. Hope that will be better than ever in SF x Tekken.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I like how the OP is pretending like the exclusives aren't really exclusives. You should go by what's announced.

A Sony exclusive trailer was released showing Megaman and Pacman so as far as what's been announced, they are exclusive to Sony.

The 12 extra characters have been announced as Vita exclusives as well, and nothing else has been said.

So the information is, as of right now, PS3 has 5 exclusive characters, the Vita has 12 exclusive characters and that's it. You can always say "they might be added to other platforms later on" but that's not what's been announced so the OP is being misleading.

vocab

At least you got the patience. I flipped my shit back in sfiv vanilla with some of the most basic links with fadc, and gave up pretty fast. I got better at execution in that game by not even playing, and just reading. I can do short short super in st man, but fuck if I can do short short short xx scissors consistent in sfiv. <3 me some chains.

TheOGB

Banned
I like how the OP is pretending like the exclusives aren't really exclusives. You should go by what's announced.

A Sony exclusive trailer was released showing Megaman and Pacman so as far as what's been announced, they are exclusive to Sony.

The 12 extra characters have been announced as Vita exclusives as well, and nothing else has been said.

So the information is, as of right now, PS3 has 5 exclusive characters, the Vita has 12 exclusive characters and that's it. You can always say "they might be added to other platforms later on" but that's not what's been announced so the OP is being misleading.
I thought the point was that Ono--

Ah. I see.

Sblargh

Banned
Is there any hope for a netcode good enough so me in Brazil can play with people in North America or is that just impossible?

Mr Jared

I was originally planning on going Poison x Kuma (Team Bear Trap) but after playing it this weekend.. I think I'm forced to go with Chun-li and maybe Kuma. Chun is just too awesome and all those years of SF4 will transfer over great. Poison is really good too but I think Chun is just a lot more versatile. Kuma though is a lot of fun.

AAK

Still good enough. Thanks! :)

I found a different image if you're interested:

d0WuEWcE0CoXz.png

I really suck at cropping images... so I just used one with a black background.

EDIT: Ooops, the original image had a black one as well... LOL.

Sblargh

Banned
How do you even use a fighting pad? You sit in on your lap and pretend it is a mini-stick or just hold it like a normal controller?

itsumobasho is my Japanese ringname, actually lol. I have like 3 names that I go by depending on the game :)

Seriously? Well don't be a stranger now ahahahaha. Gosh you folks with the multiple names are somewhat tricky to keep up with. (ammarkahn, sumobasho, Abare Moralist etc) :p

How do you even use a fighting pad? You sit in on your lap and pretend it is a mini-stick or just hold it like a normal controller?

You hold it like a normal controller.

MarkMan,how durable are the SFxT pads ?
I heard some mixed things about the SFIV line.
Any meaningful differences between the two?

Well, I got one last week.

It's definitely smaller than the SF4 line.

The pad and buttons felt just about the same to me.

Overall it feels pretty good.

shaowebb

"salviating"

OP of the OT has Zangief doing "Salvia" in front of a bear for some reason. No wonder he's spinning in a circle with his arms out and yelling!

Uncle AJ

Asuka, Jin and Bison all taken. :(

I'll take my MvC3 main Chun before XenoRaven does, then. I'll take my fight monay.

EDIT: Hate you, Xeno. OP isn't updated and you haven't changed your av yet. :/

PSN: MoTheHawk
Region: Midwest

vocab

I really hope the Rolento train dies down a bit. I knew I was gonna play Rolento way before he was showed in this game and way before he was announced. It's not my fault capcom gave him built in frame traps and extremely safe jab pressure god damn it.

Top Bottom