• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Law is officially my main. This character is fucking beautiful. Heihachi is my anchor until further notice.

I love him too but he works better as an anchor for me. Unfortunately I don't have a good main..

alba

Little is the new Big
Law is officially my main. This character is fucking beautiful. Heihachi is my anchor until further notice.

Same, I'm trying to learn Hwoarang on the side but I'm thinking about what I should pick but Law will remain my main forever, he's just too damn awesome :D

Jenga

Banned
I love him too but he works better as an anchor for me. Unfortunately I don't have a good main..

Law can definitely go wherever he wants but he seems to be a decent battery and doesn't (to me at least) rely on meter much. Heihachi seems pretty powerful and easy but he lacks the speed (which I believe law makes up for trying to crack opponents open with his rushdown). In any case, although I doubt Law is top tier he is AT LEAST mid-high and will probably be one of those characters with a dedicated fan base in this game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to do PSN tonight. Twitch went down for me. Last night was annoying. Kept reverting my channel to JTV and erased every single thing so I have to start off my channel from scratch again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Stupidly long pointless corner combo for julia that does super shitty damage.

j.HK, f.MK~ MP~ f.MP, lk windroll, cr.LP, cr.LP, b.MP~MP, b.MP~MP, cr.HP, LK Rising Kick

Enjoy your super shitty damage and meter gain.

I wish it showed exactly how much meter gain a combo did in training mode along with damage.

You really have to pay attention to scaling in this game. I was just messing around trying out some real basic combos, since I'm not very good at fighting games. I'm playing Poison/Lili and seeing what I could combo after a chain launcher. Poison chain launcher into Lili's Angel Knee, c.hp, Sunflower Lance's 3 hits did 272 damage. But then Lili's chain launcher into just Poison's HP Kissed by a Goddess uppercut did 276. That's way easier on my fingers.

I decided to to go see what streams were available for this game at Twitch. Then I noticed a LOL stream has over 100k viewers(128k right now), DAYUM. I wonder if this years EVO could pull that off? EVO has experience growth year after year since the first major stream in 2009 so it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Not that it can maintain 100k+, but just for it to reach it at least, during the GF of SF4 or SFxT(whichever is the headliner) would be a great new record to set for this year.

smurfx

get some go again
I decided to to go see what streams were available for this game at Twitch. Then I noticed a LOL stream has over 100k viewers(128k right now), DAYUM. I wonder if this years EVO could pull that off? EVO has experience growth year after year since the first major stream in 2009 so it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Not that it can maintain 100k+, but just for it to reach it at least, during the GF of SF4 or SFxT(whichever is the headliner) would be a great new record to set for this year.
yeah i saw that too. it would be insane if fighting games could do 100k+ viewers. hell some cable stations would love to have that many people watching.

IpKaiFung

They got 80k concurrent last year if I recall correctly. What I've noticed is that although the viewership isnt going up massively at the majors there seems to be more people competing which is a much better thing imo.

Jenga

Banned
so what exactly did capcom do the the normal throws in this game from sf4?

it's almost impossible to stall rushdowns that aren't link perfect anymore...which I suppose is good for a new game but I'm so not used to it yet

AE definitely exceeded 100k last year during the finals, MvC3 exceeded that amount too if I am not wrong or was close to exceeding that amount.

Nah, AE had 82k for finals and Marvel had 70k for finals. MK9 had 55k for finals.

Edit: you can add 4k viewers to each due to the lower quality stream and idk how many viewers were broadcasted (any number would be speculated so I didn't include them) on ps3.

USD

so what exactly did capcom do the the normal throws in this game from sf4?

it's almost impossible to stall rushdowns that aren't link perfect anymore...which I suppose is good for a new game but I'm so not used to it yet

Normal throws are now 7 frames (from 3F in SFIV) and have significantly shorter range.

hertog

this game is unplayable online.

played against a few shoto scrubs who just keep spamming moves. And I can't defend due to the sound glitch. I just don't recognize the moves in time and my timing is off

USD

and dragon punches seem to be left untouched

i see the game you're playing capcom

you sneaky bastards

At least from what I remember, the issue was that with SFIV throw speed and range, it was easy to throw the Tekken characters of strings, as lot of them aren't true block strings.

Bizazedo

Normal throws are now 7 frames (from 3F in SFIV) and have significantly shorter range.

I tend to agree with Ultradavid, this game is going to either be extremely offensive or extremely defensive.

I am leaning towards defensive right now until I see something crazy change my mind. Really not feeling the normal throw nerf right now.

I hope I'm wrong.

LakeEarth

Stupidly long pointless corner combo for julia that does super shitty damage.

j.HK, f.MK~ MP~ f.MP, lk windroll, cr.LP, cr.LP, b.MP~MP, b.MP~MP, cr.HP, LK Rising Kick

Enjoy your super shitty damage and meter gain.

Yeah I wanted to use her to abuse her 2-frame super, but I'm having trouble getting offense going. Doesn't help that she has no command throw and her two overheads are telegraphed like hell (one starts with a spin, the other with a lunge).

I think I'm gonna put her in the "come back to" pile along with Paul and keep exploring the Tekken side.

Jenga

Banned
Just beat these two guys doing co-op in ranked.

I didn't even know you could that...but beating them sure felt damn good, they had higher bp too

Sblargh

Banned
Online warriors can't handle my super-lame Poison. Also, whoever suggested cr.hp as her best anti-air was totally right. j.mp is good to throw people to the other side of the screen, but if someone is just jumping jumping, you junt cr. hp until they realized half their life is gone.

brian

I've been rocking Ryu and Kazuya. I really like how these two work together. Ryu is good at controlling space of course, so I use him to push the opponent into the corner. Once I get them in the corner, I switch out to Kazuya and put on the pressure hard. Kazuya can do some serious damage up close, so you really don't want to get caught in a corner against him.

I noticed that Valle plays the same team but with Kazuya on point. I wonder why he does that. Kazuya doesn't seem that great at getting in on opponents, especially without meter.

EYEL1NER

My god at those alts...
I am afraid of how much they will all cost, but I think I shall buy all of them. I am only up to the Chun Li Maid costume and I have already decided that I need them all.

I wish Cammy's alts weren't so lame looking though. Cammy as King? Sure, any excuse to give a female character some dumb fucking cat ears. The other alt is better, but not by much.

EDIT: OH SHIT! Viking Hugo is my guy!

Jenga

Banned
Fought my first "real" rolento today. Nasty, disgusting character. Thank god he has trouble getting out of rushdowns.

A toilet full of shit is less disgusting than rolento.

rager

Banned
I played my first match online with Ryu and Ken without any knowledge of the gameplay (gem etc) just straight street fighter tag style. I crushed an akuma/vega team. But I must learn the basic of this game or I will get beat beat down.

EYEL1NER

One of my few complaints about this game I've decided is the lack of a gallery.
Why is there no gallery? It's such a simple feature.

I don't know if AE had one or not, but I was just as puzzled when Super came out and there was no gallery.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
One of my few complaints about this game I've decided is the lack of a gallery.
Why is there no gallery? It's such a simple feature.

I don't know if AE had one or not, but I was just as puzzled when Super came out and there was no gallery.

There really should be a gallery for all the great character art and those really impressive promotional videos (not just the megamix edit that forms the game's intro). Oddly enough I don't mind there being no gallery for the endings. The arcade circuit in this game is possibly the best in a long time: characters have unique skits that play out after every fight, rival battle cut scenes are long and truly amusing, boss sequences are well done and detailed (like how the hovercraft spins out and stops at the Pandora stage), bosses are not cheap on medium difficulties, and the CG endings are long and fun to watch.

Actually creates motivation for playing through an arcade ladder to warm up.

Top Bottom