• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

AAK

Just saw the costumes, they're resoundingly mediocre. Namco's Tekken default 2P outfits from their games are way more appealing and interesting than what they came up with.

A few of them are kinda cool, but they're not worth paying money for.

Only one I really liked was KING and KUMA tbh.

Chavelo

Watch someone get really good with the DLC characters and when they get released, win a couple of tournaments due to no match experience.

Tizoc

I dont know if this is the dial-a-combo system messing with me, but I CANNOT do marduk's cr.MP to Gator Slam. crMP>crHP comes out instead every single time.

wat do =(

Try holding Dwn-Fwd when doing the gator slam, that might work. Otherwise, try St. MP-->Gator Slam.

Tizoc

um, how would holding df look like?

cr.mk f d df-hold hp? that's how I usually do it

it's a cancel and not a link right?

You hold df, and it's a cancel yes, seeing as his Cr. MK is cancelable.

Also, Marduk only has 3-4 special moves? I thought he had more lol.

chiba

I dont know if this is the dial-a-combo system messing with me, but I CANNOT do marduk's cr.MP to Gator Slam. crMP>crHP comes out instead every single time.

wat do =(

weirdest thing, was trying for that one for like 30mins earlier tonight, finally gave up and decided to play marduk on arcade and started nailing it every time vs the cpu lol. And I think its cr.HP to Gator Slam. not MP, might be you're problem;p

Nemesis_

The audio glitch when playing online - has it been acknowledged, will it get fixed and is there any way at all to prevent it while we wait for it to get fixed >_>

Bizazedo

Mute the TV and play music off your pc, etc. Playing the music you like and that get you pumped could help in your performence ;D

The sound doesn't bother me at all, something about the timing is messing me up online. I think I go visually is my problem.

Also, LOL at the line from Bison to Lili.

"So, I heard you have a father..
Bison can take of that."

Bison's taunt is also the best taunt in the game (in english).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I thought input shortcut is out of the game? (It became gem I know but I didn't use shortcut gem)
yet I still get few moves from weird shortcut inputs for example,

HQC + K, it always messed up with grab command or meat beater. Also when I was trying to go for monster lariat, and meat beater sometime activated instead of lariat.

It annoyed me, since I know I did execution better than I usually do in SSF4.

Sblargh

Banned
Oh wow. So, first day report:

I learned Poison basics and confirmed she was created for and for me only and none of you can have her. But then I lost online a lot. I would always do great with Poison and get bodied when needing a tag. I tired Hugo, King, a lot of Lili and nothing. Then I pick Rolento and just like that a lot of losses became a win streak.
I still want to try Lili again, but I'm too scrub right now. Rolento have good easy to use tools and room for improvement. When I feel more comfortable with the game, I'll give Lili another shot.

I thought input shortcut is out of the game? (It became gem I know but I didn't use shortcut gem)
yet I still get few moves from weird shortcut inputs for example,

HQC + K, it always messed up with grab command or meat beater. Also when I was trying to go for monster lariat, and meat beater sometime activated instead of lariat.

It annoyed me, since I know I did execution better than I usually do in SSF4.

Shortcut are definitely still in, at least SRK shortcut is.

vocab

Oh wow. So, first day report:

I learned Poison basics and confirmed she was created for and for me only and none of you can have her. But then I lost online a lot. I would always do great with Poison and get bodied when needing a tag. I tired Hugo, King, a lot of Lili and nothing. Then I pick Rolento and just like that a lot of losses became a win streak.
I still want to try Lili again, but I'm too scrub right now. Rolento have good easy to use tools and room for improvement. When I feel more comfortable with the game, I'll give Lili another shot.

Rolento and Posion was what I was running since day 1, but I put Poison on the bench. I am not comfortable creating offense with her. I did perfect someone with her online before the bench though.

Sblargh

Banned
Rolento and Posion was what I was running since day 1, but I put Poison on the bench. I am not comfortable creating offense with her. I did perfect someone with her online.

I don't really play go for offense with her. I don't mind controling space and such (but thanks for recognizing that Poison is mine alone and benching her).
What botters me is that, even after hearing how safer jump-ins is, that holy shit, jump-ins are safe. So I played this guy's Heihachi, really good player btw, so, he would jump in, I would use s.mp in reaction, the jump would cleanly defeat what is supposed to be my anti-air, and he would proceed to a very damaging combo.
Fighting with this guy made me feel a lot unsafe because if someone is mindlessy jumping on me, I can anti-air him 5 times with s.mp, the one time it fails he would combo me for a lot.
So yeah, I'll really *really* have to learn how to anti-air effectively if I want to keep playing defense. On SF4 there was a magical distance where all jump-ins could be easily anti-aired by a normal, and closer than that, people would be in poke-town. Seems a lot to me that this is no longer the case and it has lead to a lot of defeats today.

Jenga

Banned
Mmm, I'm expecting some awesome shit from the Raven camp. Messing around with him in training mode and he looks like he could be a real storm in the hands of the pros.

I don't really play go for offense with her. I don't mind controling space and such (but thanks for recognizing that Poison is mine alone and benching her).
What botters me is that, even after hearing how safer jump-ins is, that holy shit, jump-ins are safe. So I played this guy's Heihachi, really good player btw, so, he would jump in, I would use s.mp in reaction, the jump would cleanly defeat what is supposed to be my anti-air, and he would proceed to a very damaging combo.
Fighting with this guy made me feel a lot unsafe because if someone is mindlessy jumping on me, I can anti-air him 5 times with s.mp, the one time it fails he would combo me for a lot.
So yeah, I'll really *really* have to learn how to anti-air effectively if I want to keep playing defense. On SF4 there was a magical distance where all jump-ins could be easily anti-aired by a normal, and closer than that, people would be in poke-town. Seems a lot to me that this is no longer the case and it has lead to a lot of defeats today.

I'm trying out Poison/Lili too. Have you tried using crouching hp to antiair? I haven't had much time to play yet but it seems like it might be a better go to anti-air than s.mp? Just have to use it fairly early.

They weren't kidding when they said link and chain timing is different. I couldn't even do Ryus bnb cr.LP cr.LP cr.MK x Hado to start with, the timing change on light to mediums is nuts. Shame ME3 is out killing my game time.

Lilli seemed a decent character from what I tried. I love Xiaoyu's moveset put I've no fucking idea how I'd put her to practical use :(

RE: Steve overhead (down forward+mp) ground bounce.

How do I get it? Do you need to do it off a stance or something? I've only done it a couple of times, I have no clue how it happened...

Also, I hit a 700 damage combo with Steve on some dude online. Feels good, man.

His normals still suck though, and he gets blown up pretty badly by low attacks and pokes. Just like Dudley :(

Maybe like air counter hit (umvc3 strider's varja assist).

Steve is so awesome with meter. W/o meter and his crappy normals he such ass. =(

Still loving Steven though.

Loving this game more and more everyday.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm trying out Poison/Lili too. Have you tried using crouching hp to antiair? I haven't had much time to play yet but it seems like it might be a better go to anti-air than s.mp? Just have to use it fairly early.

Seems worst. Slower. Maybe it is situational and I have to learn to spacings and such.

Just played my first series of ranked matches tonight. I went 21/26

20 of those teams had a ryu or ken. My Hwoarang/Steve team is doing pretty good, but could be better. I lost to a Dhalsim who just pressed HP over and over and over and he won by two timeouts
how is that even fun?

The connection on most of the matches was actually pretty solid surprisingly. I just put on some headphones and my ipod to block out the fail sound effects

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
On a 12 game winning streak so far in ranked... I'll probably lose soon. Ogre wittles down people so badly cause they just dont know how to react to him for shit. Then julia cleans up HARD

On a 12 game winning streak so far in ranked... I'll probably lose soon. Ogre wittles down people so badly cause they just dont know how to react to him for shit. Then julia cleans up HARD

I said the same thing but I just kept winning and I realize that a lot of these new school gamers have no clue what they are doing. No concept of footsie, okizeme, or anything. It just ABC/ tag in combos all day which does no damage. The real damage comes from combos with ex move or tag cancels. Gotta spend that meter!

I honestly can't even get a game solid enough for footsies. It's all so damn distracting. I'm getting really frustrated. This never happened with SFIV.

What's wrong bud? Is it the game itself, or the shit online?

Online. Which is depressing cause i love the game but can only play arcade mode so much.

I noticed when I played people that were on a team, that their co-ordination was really bad.

I was like 5/6 against people with a partner. I had my 12 win streak snapped by that team to :(

Morris

Disco Devil
LILI IS SO GOOD HOLY SHIT.

*drops Abel from his team*

Also, Tag battles are fun, laggy but fun~

GGs, Solune, Kiryogi and his bud.

jett

D-Member
All costumes
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/08/street-fighter-x-tekken-complete-costume-gallery/

I cant even be mad about about them being on disc, having to pay, having to wait etc. A lot of these alts are just too awesome for me not to have. Now I want to play Ibuki just cause of her 2nd alt.

I have to admit some of those costumes are pretty awesome, lol.

Ocffa.jpg

Would never pay for this tho. Too bad Capcom has become stupidly greedy this generation, I wonder how much money they got out of SF4 on friggin' DLC costumes. I find that there's no excuse for not even ONE alternate costume being available for free, look how much customizable crap Namco gives us in their Tekken games!

Top Bottom