• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

laaame

Well, if you have perfect execution you can get like 600 dmg meterless or something... lol.

If you have mediocre execution you can still do that much damage with Hugo. And with average execution you can be just as effective with Rufus. Even if they don't have loops they still have much better footies then poor Bob (from the little i've played of him at least).

If you have mediocre execution you can still do that much damage with Hugo. And with average execution you can be just as effective with Rufus. Even if they don't have loops they still have much better footies then poor Bob (from the little i've played of him at least).

Yeah, of course. I was only kidding

hertog

oh man, fuck Zangief is this game. Everyone commandgrab sucks except his and his godlike lariats and super armor.

If only they patched him so his command grabs worked like they do with King. One for low and one for high and without super armor. Or bring him down to 850 health or something that zoning can actually work in this game with a forward roll after knockdown.

oh man, fuck Zangief is this game. Everyone commandgrab sucks except his and his godlike lariats and super armor.

If only they patched him so his command grabs worked like they do with King. One for low and one for high and without super armor. Or bring him down to 850 health or something that zoning can actually work in this game with a forward roll after knockdown.
Nah, his lariats aren't that godlike and he has massive trouble getting in on some characters.

People did this succesfully online in SF4 as well (minus autoblock), and that tactic didn't exactly get top place at EVO last I checked.
fireball+dragonpunch is a basic strategy that existed since sf2. if you hate on it or can't find a way to beat it, you're probably better off playing other games.

Vice

Just because a strategy worked in an older game, doesn't mean it must work in a modern or future game.

It doesn't. It's pretty easy to get around fireballs in this game. You're just getting outplayed mentally, there are a billion tools available if you don't want to deal with fireball shenanigans.

Kioshen

Spam and zoning is a fine line to most people. If you get beat by a "strategy" you already know he's going to use and you didn't adapt ... might want to rethink your approach. I'm guilty of that myself so what do I know.

Nyoro SF

You guys are amazing. I just made a general statement against the idea that old strategies have to live forever and now I am a shoto hater who loses to zoning hahaha

edit: I should probably mention that I had ryu on my team when I played this game.

Degen

You guys are amazing. I just made a general statement against the idea that old strategies have to live forever and now I am a shoto hater who loses to zoning hahaha

edit: I should probably mention that I had ryu on my team when I played this game.
What was that? Something about Ryu? Now you've done it.

First of all, blahblahblah blah blah blahblah blah blahblahblah blah, and second, goddamnit, blahblahblahblah blah blahblahblah blahblah blah.

So remember that the next time you decide to post what you just posted.

So you couldn't figure out how to play a fireball game? Just like tatsu and you're in.

Nyoro SF

So you couldn't figure out how to play a fireball game? Just like tatsu and you're in.

I was under the impression that I just had to keep canceling my sweep into fireball over and over again.

What was that? Something about Ryu? Now you've done it.

First of all, blahblahblah blah blah blahblah blah blahblahblah blah, and second, goddamnit, blahblahblahblah blah blahblahblah blahblah blah.

So remember that the next time you decide to post what you just posted.

If I had a way to sum up forum posting, this would be it.

Darvan

I have a questions guys as someone that doesn't really have a group of friends around me to learn fighting games how do you go about learning links? for example Raven’s trail number nine-Cr-Lp, Cr-Mp, H-Alter Ego (Fireball Motion) The issue am having is I get the punches out but I don’t seem to get the Alter Ego out fast enough no matter how hard I try. I do realize this is probably a newbie question but it's driving me nuts. Also am on a Hori Fight Commander Pro pad if that makes a difference

SUPARSTARX

Oh man, I'm torn. Poison & Nina or Julia & Nina? I have to have Nina. I had to just drop Law for someone with a DP and some good pressure.

zlatko

Banned
I have a questions guys as someone that doesn't really have a group of friends around me to learn fighting games how do you go about learning links? for example Raven’s trail number nine-Cr-Lp, Cr-Mp, H-Alter Ego (Fireball Motion) The issue am having is I get the punches out but I don’t seem to get the Alter Ego out fast enough no matter how hard I try. I do realize this is probably a newbie question but it's driving me nuts

Links:

If you do the cr LP, and then the Cr.MP, if the MP is blocked by the A.I, you did it too slow. If you do the MP, and nothing came out, then you did it too fast. If you do LP MP too fast, you'll get a chain.

You have to find that sweet timing by watching the animation. So as the CR LP is coming back to the character, you want to hit the Cr.MP as the animation ends. Mix up the timings and you'll get it.

Practice doing a cr.mp into the special move on its own. Once you can do that no problem, it's just a matter of doing cr. lp, then the cr.mp to the timing you learned, but as the cr.mp hits you cancel into the special like you had learned doing cr.mp into special.

Break it down, practice it, build it back up.

Tizoc

Hey there guys, anyone want me to add their PSN/XBL usernames to the first post(s)?

BTW, how does the ID Gem setup work? Does it reset everytime I 'exit the game' or does it stay saved until I change it again?

...also what the dilly-yo is up with Pandora being 20 seconds long in a future update, lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Playing AE before this game will help you out with your links. While it's easier to transition from AE to SFXT, it isn't for SFXT to AE. You could get too comfortable with the easier links, target and chain combos making stuff in AE even harder to do.

Finally got some more tracks done today. I feel good. Wouldn't mind doing some more scramble mode.

Darvan

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

Links:

If you do the cr LP, and then the Cr.MP, if the MP is blocked by the A.I, you did it too slow. If you do the MP, and nothing came out, then you did it too fast. If you do LP MP too fast, you'll get a chain.

You have to find that sweet timing by watching the animation. So as the CR LP is coming back to the character, you want to hit the Cr.MP as the animation ends. Mix up the timings and you'll get it.

Practice doing a cr.mp into the special move on its own. Once you can do that no problem, it's just a matter of doing cr. lp, then the cr.mp to the timing you learned, but as the cr.mp hits you cancel into the special like you had learned doing cr.mp into special.

Break it down, practice it, build it back up.

I have a questions guys as someone that doesn't really have a group of friends around me to learn fighting games how do you go about learning links? for example Raven’s trail number nine-Cr-Lp, Cr-Mp, H-Alter Ego (Fireball Motion) The issue am having is I get the punches out but I don’t seem to get the Alter Ego out fast enough no matter how hard I try. I do realize this is probably a newbie question but it's driving me nuts. Also am on a Hori Fight Commander Pro pad if that makes a difference
it sounds like you're attempting to link the wrong move. c.mp to alter ego is a cancel. its the c.lp to c.mp thats the link. the way the game works is that you can cancel special moves off of linked normals, but not off of chained normals, unless you use the ex version. the cancel window is fairly large; if the alter ego doesn't come out, it probably means you did not link the c.lp to c.mp properly.

timing should look something like this:
c.lp------c.mp--qcf+p

kadey said:
Finally got some more tracks done today. I feel good. Wouldn't mind doing some more scramble mode.
tracks?

My Vega/Hwaorang team is very much the suck. I am really trying to learn this game and am failing miserably. If anyone wants to pummel on me and/or talk to me about the mechanics while pummeling me, I am playing now on Xbox. DJ Lushious is my gamer tag.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I finally got my first hacked xbox user in a match today; he was using Bryan on his team, ah heh.

He was also pretty terrible.

hertog

Also, fuck Hugo up the ass with a rusty metal pole.

Yes, he's the one that should really be hit with the nerfhammer.
He feels like sentinel, way too much damage and way too much health.

And his ridiculous splash....

I was cheering so hard for Paul Phoenix in that video :(

Darvan

Does this still apply even if it's qcf+HK. I do see my C.LP and C.MP but not the Alter Ego.

it sounds like you're attempting to link the wrong move. c.mp to alter ego is a cancel. its the c.lp to c.mp thats the link. the way the game works is that you can cancel special moves off of linked normals, but not off of chained normals, unless you use the ex version. the cancel window is fairly large; if the alter ego doesn't come out, it probably means you did not link the c.lp to c.mp properly.

timing should look something like this:
c.lp------c.mp--qcf+p

tracks?

goldensun

Does this still apply even if it's qcf+HK. I do see my C.LP and C.MP but not the Alter Ego.
Yes.

Any special move that isn't an EX move will only come out as a cancel if the normal you are cancelling into it was linked, and not chained. Chained normals don't cancel into specials (only EX and Super moves).

I went to Fight for Youth with a friend on Saturday and it was fun as hell! The marvel matches were hype, SFxT not so much :) haha.

Marn getting his head shaved in person was amazing too.

Riposte

Clakey D was hilarious. Such a hostile pair. Mike extended an olive branch at the end and Clakey D just body slammed it.

Top Bottom