• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Bandwagoners love it really. It'll probably drop off eventually. Paul is good but he's not crazy aside from his ability to combo his stuff now. Most people are doing very basic stuff to combo and you can do that with a lot of characters to get good damage.

Shouta when are we gonna play? :D

paul always had good offense and good dmg. many of his buffs concerned more from defensive tools and the neutral game to round him out. but if you look at someone like pr rog who prolly has a part in making him popular, his style is more about the relentless offense. something paul's always had. i suppose paul's main issue in vanilla is that before you had to do a lot of sitting there and blocking, which people never want to do. but when you had momentum, he was hella fun in vanilla.

SUPARSTARX

Since Srk is down, can anyone provide some bnbs for Jin and bison? Moreso Jin, I'm using bisons bnbs from sf4. Thanks

Bison:
close s.MK, far s.MP xx Scissor
close s.MK, far s.MP xx MP Psycho crusher
close s.MK, far s.MP xx HP xx EX-Scissor kicks or EX-Psycho crusher or Super Art or Cross Art
close s.MP xx HK scissor, c.MP xx HP psycho crusher
close s.MK, far s.MK xx HK xx boost
c.LK, c.LK xx HP Psycho
close s.HP, c.LK xx HP Psycho
Devil's reverse, s.MP, s.MK xx d.HK (slide)
j.MP, j.MP, far s.MP, far s.HP xx HP Psycho crusher
c.LP, s.LP, c.LK or c.MK xx HP Psycho crusher
c.LP, c.LP, c.LK xx HP Psycho crusher

shaowebb

Poked around some with the Capoeira gals Christie and Elena who I both played in their respective titles.

Anyhow I liked Christie better than Elena. Elena had some good pokes and seemed to be able to AA and juggle some, but I could just out priority easier with Christie and do longer combos with her. Plus I loved her crossups and pressure on folks once I got her going. I could see her and Poison working out alright. It wouldn't have the damage of Poison Zangief, but it might be fun to poke at. I also found I liked how Lars could juggle dudes in the air.

Anyhow new cast is fun. I'm curious how they stack in peoples eyes using 2013.

EDIT: *looks up*
Well I guess that answers that for Christie lol.

Exr

Just realized whiffing normals build meter, was it like this pre patch as well?

Trying to make Bryan work, but maybe I just suck. all the boxers in this game are fun as hell though.

Poked around some with the Capoeira gals Christie and Elena who I both played in their respective titles.

Anyhow I liked Christie better than Elena. Elena had some good pokes and seemed to be able to AA and juggle some, but I could just out priority easier with Christie and do longer combos with her. Plus I loved her crossups and pressure on folks once I got her going. I could see her and Poison working out alright. It wouldn't have the damage of Poison Zangief, but it might be fun to poke at. I also found I liked how Lars could juggle dudes in the air.

Anyhow new cast is fun. I'm curious how they stack in peoples eyes using 2013.

EDIT: *looks up*
Well I guess that answers that for Christie lol.

Christie's cr.mp/mk IS TOO FREAKING GOOD lol

I mean the range part of it at least

SUPARSTARX

Just realized whiffing normals build meter, was it like this pre patch as well?

Trying to make Bryan work, but maybe I just suck. all the boxers in this game are fun as hell though.

Yah, normal whiffing always built meter. The special cancels built too much so people did that instead because they could backdash safely the whole time. Now it's either less or it doesn't build much so throwing out medium/heavies randomly is okay for some meter.

stn

With SRK down I'll just give some 2013 impressions so far...

Law: Safe and braindead. Wow. He needs reduced pushback on something. You can't even jump at him because he has a perfect AA now. He'd be even more braindead if his motions were QCF and QCB.

Rolento: Health nerf and cross-up nerf were not necessary, he already has crappy wake-up as it is. Feels like his CVS2 version with the unsafe patriot circle. Kind of one-dimensional now since all you can do is fish for boost with st. jab.

Ryu: Excessive normals nerf, seriously. At least keep his cr.mk.

Yoshimitsu: Good.

Akuma: Needs his air fireball back. Teleport sucks and he has zero defensive options now while keeping some of the lowest health in the game. New offensive options give him greater synergy but don't address his previous flaws.

Ogre: That cr.mp is fantastic. Definitely my favorite Tekken character.

The SF side definitely doesn't feel as good overall. Not a fan of the update overall but whatever.

Bison:
close s.MK, far s.MP xx Scissor
close s.MK, far s.MP xx MP Psycho crusher
close s.MK, far s.MP xx HP xx EX-Scissor kicks or EX-Psycho crusher or Super Art or Cross Art
close s.MP xx HK scissor, c.MP xx HP psycho crusher
close s.MK, far s.MK xx HK xx boost
c.LK, c.LK xx HP Psycho
close s.HP, c.LK xx HP Psycho
Devil's reverse, s.MP, s.MK xx d.HK (slide)
j.MP, j.MP, far s.MP, far s.HP xx HP Psycho crusher
c.LP, s.LP, c.LK or c.MK xx HP Psycho crusher
c.LP, c.LP, c.LK xx HP Psycho crusher

thanks. i've just been doing cr.jab, cr.jab >cr.mk xx scissors for modest damage, so these are good. what's his best combo after a tag cancel? like st.HP xx HP Psycho Crusher?

i also want to try law again. so maybe i'll try some sort of combination of law/bison/jin. though reading more of this thread it seems tekken characters are really good now.

SUPARSTARX

Hehe, Law has holes you can poke through in his moves. He's not as safe as people think but they just need to adjust to the new push back. All of the fists are -5 on block. Junkyard Kick is -4 on second and -7 on last hit, but you can change the last hit to dragon tail which is -9 but also cancel that into Spinkicks or Flipkick. Now the thing with those enders are... spinkicks portion can be jabbed out before it cancels in and the flipkick whiffs a lot if you press no buttons so you can whiff punish Law there too.

thanks. i've just been doing cr.jab, cr.jab >cr.mk xx scissors for modest damage, so these are good. what's his best combo after a tag cancel? like st.HP xx HP Psycho Crusher?

i also want to try law again. so maybe i'll try some sort of combination of law/bison/jin. though reading more of this thread it seems tekken characters are really good now.

After tag canceling in you can do...
s.MP, s.MK xx Slide
c.MP, c.MP xx HP Psycho Crusher or HK Scissor kicks.. should be able to re-switch out if you wish.

Some character moves can switch out mid-air and allow Bison to j.MP j.MP, s.MP/s.HP into HP Psycho crusher like Heihachi's QCB+K~Switch

Hehe, Law has holes you can poke through in his moves. He's not as safe as people think but they just need to adjust to the new push back. All of the fists are -5 on block. Junkyard Kick is -4 on second and -7 on last hit, but you can change the last hit to dragon tail which is -9 but also cancel that into Spinkicks or Flipkick. Now the thing with those enders are... spinkicks portion can be jabbed out before it cancels in and the flipkick whiffs a lot if you press no buttons so you can whiff punish Law there too.

That dragon tail to lk flip is so hard to punish as the flip brings law back even further. You really have to know it's coming and act accordingly

MrKayle

frustrating that the PC version is in the state that it is. I wanted to pick it up, but decided not to, and I'm glad I didn't.

If only 1.08 would be released, GFWL dropped, and net code fixed up nicely... ahh sigh

The SF side definitely doesn't feel as good overall. Not a fan of the update overall but whatever.

Yeah, I feel the same way. It feels like SF characters got a lot of their dumb stuff nerfed while the tekken characters kept their dumb stuff. I feel like tekken characters have a huge advantage now in general with their normal strings and mixups.

Sorry for the potentially dumb post, but I haven't really kept up on the 2013 changes and iwth signing up for Evo, have only recently decided to start playing SFxT again (at least once I clear out a few games for February).

Are Sagat and Marduk still good? They were my team in 'Vanilla' SFxT and I'm not sure about any of their changes or if they're still decent.

Edit: If anyone could give me a link to their changes (whether via PM or just in this thread if that's ok) that would be awesome. Downloaded the DLC characters and not entirely sure what to do with my team.

Sorry for the potentially dumb post, but I haven't really kept up on the 2013 changes and iwth signing up for Evo, have only recently decided to start playing SFxT again (at least once I clear out a few games for February).

Are Sagat and Marduk still good? They were my team in 'Vanilla' SFxT and I'm not sure about any of their changes or if they're still decent.

They are definitely both playable. Sagat isn't as safe with his boost combo block strings but his damage is still better than Ryu's. I don't care for his mobility at all in this game and fireballs are very unsafe as well

Ah, ok. Hrm, I'll have to think about the characters I want... would also be good to look at those 2013 changes finally, lol.

The biggest changes are the changes to rolls (more unsafe), recoverable health (much slower) and grabs (removing recoverable health). There was also a change to boost combos in general making them more unsafe when blocked.

There are minor changes per character but these changes are miniscule in comparison.

The biggest changes are the changes to rolls (more unsafe), recoverable health (much slower) and grabs (removing recoverable health). There was also a change to boost combos in general making them more unsafe when blocked.

There are minor changes per character but these changes are miniscule in comparison.

Yeah, I know about the big changes from watching streams, it's just the character changes that I know nothing about.

notworksafe

PC version is starting to get annoying. It's not letting me save my controls because "bindings are incomplete", yet I only use a six button stick so I don't actually have the buttons to assign every command.

Is there a way to skip this mess and just bind the controls I want to use?

Kioshen

PC version is starting to get annoying. It's not letting me save my controls because "bindings are incomplete", yet I only use a six button stick so I don't actually have the buttons to assign every command.

Is there a way to skip this mess and just bind the controls I want to use?

I usually use xpadder with games that have poor joystick support.

Nabs

You don't have to have a KKK/PPP button set in the PC version. I get that message if I'm missing something on the menu page usually.

After tag canceling in you can do...
s.MP, s.MK xx Slide
c.MP, c.MP xx HP Psycho Crusher or HK Scissor kicks.. should be able to re-switch out if you wish.

Some character moves can switch out mid-air and allow Bison to j.MP j.MP, s.MP/s.HP into HP Psycho crusher like Heihachi's QCB+K~Switch

thanks again. do you think bison/jin or jin/bison works better? if bipson doesnt work out i can just go back to guile.

SUPARSTARX

thanks again. do you think bison/jin or jin/bison works better? if bipson doesnt work out i can just go back to guile.

Bison/Jin would be a good order.

To be honest I think Bison is still pretty boring in here but he got a few upgrades from what people wished would have been put into the SSF4 AE update. He can deal damage without charge. His j.MP has amazing priority. You will anti air tons of stuff in here that would otherwise shut you down in SF4 series. Psycho Crusher can be pretty annoying against some characters and because it cancels off crouch Light Kick, you can basically Champion Edition people with HP Psycho Crusher chip damage and get away safely.

I played Bison from SF4 to AE2012 now and using the SFxT version still feels like they put an anchor on his leg to make him pretty dull in a sense. He is still primarily pokey poke and mind games but with so many characters receiving great anti-airs that are air attack invincible nulls his Devil's Reverse--which was one of his primary offense tools (he's 0 to +2 on block).

Scissor kicks is -2 on block but you can space it where it's safer and out of range from some counter hit situations so you can whiff poke people and boost them or just repeat something into Psycho Crusher.

Jin is just wonderful all around. Top 5 character in my book, just takes some work and adjustment to his buttons. He fits fine first or second on any team.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a Honda main and I picked up guile in vanilla, but I hear he's not as viable in this version. Just wanted to play a non shoto and I don't have the dlc characters.

I will refrain from bumping this thread going forward, and post in the new one.

I totally agree. I've never used him besides his trials but Jin is definitely an awesome character. His overhead is ridiculously good. That stupid crouch punch that straight counters everything. His anti-air jump attack that is almost impossible to punish after he lands. His 8 hit combos before boost. His damage.

It's a lot of sentence fragments, but yea. Really good.

Any good tag combos with Bryan and Elena? I couldn't think of any. Also, any good combos for Bryan at least because I have some bnbs but most of it requires meters.

Decided to jump back in. Was just trying the new characters trials and I just can't seem to finish Bryan's trial 17, did the patch break it?

Decided to jump back in. Was just trying the new characters trials and I just can't seem to finish Bryan's trial 17, did the patch break it?

I just tried it and passed it fine. The trick is to chain the crouching lp and standing mp but not the crouching hp. You might also need to start at the edge of the screen so the grab will put the opponent in the corner so that the crouching fierce will actually connect.

I just tried it and passed it fine. The trick is to chain the crouching lp and standing mp but not the crouching hp. You might also need to start at the edge of the screen so the grab will put the opponent in the corner so that the crouching fierce will actually connect.

thanks! That worked.

Top Bottom