• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

brettreyu

Anybody interested in partnering up on Xbox Live? Gamertag is MrBrett

I'm a half way decent, just moved up from scrubby Ryu. Working on Bob and or Kuma now.

Bob White

lol @ Bryan's bongo

I wanna give in depth analysis on our matches, but I'm tired and really wanna try and beat DmC tonight lol.

Team naked men will take you far.

Masamuna

Waiting for my copy to get here, looking forward to getting back into a fighting game.

I really want to play lei, probably anchor. Judging by what little I can find on srk it seems like law really compliments him and while I'll probably play him I wouldn't mind seeing who else would go well with him. Thinking about hwoarang and Jin mainly but I'm open to anyone. Any suggestions?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Jin seems fun.

I love his fireball game.

Hopefully that pc stuff goes up today

galvatron

Ok, so I'm pretty horrible at this game... I'm stuck at C and about break even on BP for last night...

I might have to give up Hugo to get in on this tekken ground bounce combo bs...looks even easier to link than clap combos. Any suggestions for a frontman for him? I've tried Guile, Blanka, and Rolento, out of which Rolento is doing really well considering how I've played 10x more often with Guile on point.

I'm on PSN if anyone wants to whip me
into shape
PSN:doc-wily

Why is comboing into Asuka's Super so weird?

Always drops for me :(
gotta do it from dragon wheel kick into demon slayer string (f+lk, f+lp). its a juggle so you need good timing.

example combos:
leg cutter (x2) xx double lift kick, dragon wheel kick, super
f+mp overhead, lp, mk, cr.mp xx double lift kick, dragon wheel kick, super
boost combo, dragon wheel kick, super
anti-air dragon wheel kick, super

also, in most cases she already does a lot of dmg meterless. for example anti-air into falling rain does 331dmg. spending 2 bars on the super does 397dmg. depending who you have in the back, a switch cancel can come close to matching that.

MrKayle

pre-ordered SFxTK SE PS3, got it, gave up almost immediately

a year later...

coppin' dat complete pack for PC

o lawd

edit: after reading about the state of the pc version, I decided to just patch my PS3 sfxtk and play that instead.

Marz

So apparently this game isn't complete ass anymore so I bought it off Amazon for 20 bucks, too bad I can't play guy unless I get the stupid DLC

DarkSloth

Anyone want to run some sets on xbox? I'm trying to get the hang of asuka and I could use the practice.

xbl username is: MooseRiderPrime

Ranked on PS3 is garbage right now, at least if you're A or A+. No one with BP above 3,000 plays. This means I average about 1.5 BP per win. Even if I win 50 matches in a row before my lose, I'll still ranking down consistently.

I've tried going to more endless battles to just play but a ton of people see you're high ranking and just boot you.

MrKayle

who would be a good high-damage anchor to pair with chun-li? my gameplan is poking with the st. mp into launcher into $damage$

who would be a good high-damage anchor to pair with chun-li? my gameplan is poking with the st. mp into launcher into $damage$

Are you just asking for characters that can tack on a lot of damage after a launcher?

Law, Paul, King, Rufus, Hugo, Hwoarang

There's a bunch of others

Thinking about SFxT on Steam now that it's on sale with the DLC, but has there been any kind of announcement or rough estimate about when the 2013 balance patch will hit PC?

Skilletor

Thinking about SFxT on Steam now that it's on sale with the DLC, but has there been any kind of announcement or rough estimate about when the 2013 balance patch will hit PC?

Just that they're working on it.

I was disappointed to see that only swaps were avaliable, no alts.

I want my ninja guy. :(

vg260

? do u have it on GFWL? Pretty sure you can register your copy on Steam and get the DLC?

Unfortunately not for this game.

Man, for $24 apparently the bundle on Steam has all the swaps, the game, and also all the gems released too. Man, I thought getting the game for $13 was a deal :(

galvatron

Are you just asking for characters that can tack on a lot of damage after a launcher?

Law, Paul, King, Rufus, Hugo, Hwoarang

There's a bunch of others

Good to know...I was just messed around with him last night and the fact that he literally has over a second to follow up after a ground bounce makes him a pretty attractive addition to my low execution squad.

Good to know...I was just messed around with him last night and the fact that he literally has over a second to follow up after a ground bounce makes him a pretty attractive addition to my low execution squad.

Well, that's partly true. I believe you're referring to his chainsaw kick (mp -> lp). You can wait a bit to react to it, but they you won't be doing optimal damage. after that ground bounce, you want to change to flamenco stance and connect a standing MP, which is three hits and hold forward to stay in flamenco stance. Then you have to do a HP dash (SRK motion), then a HK DP. It's 331 damage with no meter.

Hwoarang is actually a pretty hard character to get used to, i think. He has a lot of combos that involve stance changes and links. Linking from his MK overhead is a pretty tight link. He also have a dive kick that you can do mid air, from the ground, for from a tiger knee motion.

Being able to do 24 hit combos with 1 meter is definitely fun though.

hertog

wow what happened with this game. I've lost about 2000 BP since the update :(

Still got about 13000 bp, but it still hurts. Time to unleash my new team Paul/Kuma!

stn

I can't stand these buffs to Paul. I made a guide on how to use him and struggled with his awful tools in 2012. Now this game has become SFxPaul, based on what I'm seeing on PR Rog's stream. Gonna stick with Rolento and Ogre.

I can't stand these buffs to Paul. I made a guide on how to use him and struggled with his awful tools in 2012. Now this game has become SFxPaul, based on what I'm seeing on PR Rog's stream. Gonna stick with Rolento and Ogre.

I'm sure once people figure more things with characters it'll start to change. Just following the bandwagon of what others are using.

kirblar

He's just super easy to use and converts into high damage.

There's nothing wrong with having characters like that in the game.

Shouta

Bandwagoners love it really. It'll probably drop off eventually. Paul is good but he's not crazy aside from his ability to combo his stuff now. Most people are doing very basic stuff to combo and you can do that with a lot of characters to get good damage.

Top Bottom