• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

ggs iheart! I've never played against Asuka and Yoshi and Julia before, they were frightening. Your combos from Asukas overheads had me shitting myself on wakeup. Also Yoshis goddamn spinning sword thing, every time he does it I just want to jump or hit a button.
ggs. yeah, once yoshi gets a bar, a lot of charas can't do much about windmill. it's less dangerous now tho since you can't build meter from dash cancelling it.

i liked your vega. the chara has always looked fun to me but i can't play charge charas. you got a pretty solid ground game. i was hoping to use asukas new anti-air at least once because that ish hurts but ah well. do you have a main team yet?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL at fucking dhalsim headbanging for meter

God damn alisa's normals are annoying

Edit:thank god I can derp shit out with ogre

Man I swear im blocking those overheads. I'll just blame the ps3 pad being jointed

God damn alisa's normals are annoying

Edit:thank god I can derp shit out with ogre

Man I swear im blocking those overheads. I'll just blame the ps3 pad being jointed

Are you talking about Alisa Overhead Chain? If so, you must block ALL of the hits high. If you block while you blocked the first hits of the overhead and then duck, you will get hit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DarҖaoZ;47323438 said:
Are you talking about Alisa Overhead Chain? If so, you must block ALL of the hits high. If you block while you blocked the first hits of the overhead and then duck, you will get hit.

No just random overheads ive seen 50k times and not blocking still.

Also I'm dropping derp level stuff. Probably just tired haha

Bob White

lol! Sorry, guys. My router is...not good. Think I'm done for tonight. Going to hit up training mode. ggs!

Also, my Christie. Yay? Nay? One trick pony? Q, you mentioned some awesome vids or something for her? Link?

edit...just a few more lol

Westlo

Almost bored of the game/2013 now. Just, how can anyone learn anything with 90% of the competition online doesn't give a fuck and plays it like marvel.

90% of online matches I've played against randoms in SFIV (which is a fuckload), Marvel and Sfxtk is terrible, you're better off playing against people you know will be good.

Bob White

OK, done for tonight. Moody's Julia pressure is waaaay better than yours, Q. lol, step that shit up.

But fucking hell Ogre is crazy. He has drive kick pressure without drive kicks. ggs

"90% of online matches I've played against randoms in SFIV (which is a fuckload), Marvel and Sfxtk is terrible, you're better off playing against people you know will be good."

This is true. Playing tonight like this made me like the game again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
OK, done for tonight. Moody's Julia pressure is waaaay better than yours, Q. lol, step that shit up.

But fucking hell Ogre is crazy. He has drive kick pressure without drive kicks. ggs

LOL I've always been a one character wonder even in marvel :p I need to experiment with more characters but yeah Moody's julia > mine

I need to stop over and underestimating jump distances

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've heard Bryan is ass in this new version, but I really don't think so! He still has great footsies, his super is fucking fast, great to punish. He's just a bit wonkie, but you get used to it

His AA is just kinda assy, but he has good dashes and his jab is stupid

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't get it, why did they nerf rolento then make alisa twice as bad lol

I know what I need to do though just getting impatient from being sleepy

"Cool, so it will be up until the end of the week! \o

EDIT: it has to be up on the "Community" forum, not on the "GAMING" one right?"

I would say it's fine for the gaming side for a bit, make sure the thread highlights the changes between versions.

Ohnonono

I feel like I am getting better with my Cammy/Lili team. Ranked matches can be so frustrating though. I don' dodge at all so I will win like 6 in a row and then catch someone with a sorta laggy connection spamming high/lows with Kazuya or one dude that just jumped back and kicked with Blanka with such bad lag that you would just get destroyed by it. Stuff can be frustrating. That said the matches with people that actually play the game have been good! I feel like my Cammy is pretty solid and I am still trying to get the most out of Lili on tag ins. She is crazy fun though with so many options.

What's up with the influx of new Paul users? Did they really change him that much?

Having a strong and reliable anti air combined with simple hard-hitting punishes was probably a strong draw. I've not tried him yet as I've been sticking to Rufus and Sakura. I originally started with Rufus/Bob, but just couldn't figure Bob out. Maybe I'll give him another go now that he's got some extra fireball thwarting tricks and a decent anti-air normal (that might be cancellable into his headbutt n' bound?). Team fatty.

What's up with the influx of new Paul users? Did they really change him that much?
he was secretly always good. just had a bad rep from day 1, just like how hugo got a bad rep from being an op scrub chara. but yeah, he did get a lot of good changes. he's like the captain america and hugo the sentinel.

vg260

I know it's early, but do people think this is balanced too far to the Tekken side?

If so, are the upgraded anti-airs a big reason? One could argue SF characters lack the hi-low mixups of the TK characters because that is a more Tekken-ish thing, so the SF cast should be better equipped to handle jump-ins to keep them more SF-ish.

Do the Tekken characters have way more damaging combos? I haven't messed with the TK side yet, but they seem way longer at least.

I know it's early, but do people think this is balanced too far to the Tekken side?

If so, are the upgraded anti-airs a big reason? One could argue SF characters lack the hi-low mixups of the TK characters because that is a more Tekken-ish thing, so the SF cast should be better equipped to handle jump-ins to keep them more SF-ish.

Do the Tekken characters have way more damaging combos? I haven't messed with the TK side yet, but they seem way longer at least.

That's not necessarily true, as Juri and Chun Li in particular have very good anti-airs that lead to combos. Ibuki and Cody would also fall under that category.

I would say in vanilla, the balance was definitely on the Tekken side, but if you look at a lot of the major tournament finishes, there is definitely a great deal of SF characters that take the top spots.

At Savage Saturday this past weekend, it was Ryu/Ken vs. Paul/Rufus in the finals.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
wtf why do you have a second account, also your lyteedge 2 account is full on friends noob

I have to use a second account for most fighting games...my main account is Japanese and a lot of fighters, Capcom ones in particular, set my default region to Japan. So I get matched up with people in Asia by default and the connections are horrible or the matches are declined. I switched to an American account after SSF4 first came out, I think.

Anyway I cleared some people and sent you a friend request for what must be the 10th time in the past two years. :p You still have my other account added to your list!

stn

Yeah, absolutely. The SF cast no longer has the best AA's or footsies, but lacks the high-low mixups that the Tekken cast has. The Tekken cast also has those blockstrings that are so ambiguous and last forever, as opposed to, say, cr. mk xx hado from Ryu. The SF cast is easy to read (at least in my opinion).

Team synergy? The Tekken cast is better at that when you look at how characters like Law complement a team. Heck, even Yoshimitsu wasn't useless in vanilla because he was great at getting his partner tagged in (and keeping the opponent standing up with windmill).

Problems getting in? Not really. I don't buy that argument when people say it. Why? Well, fireballs are really only safe at ranges where you cannot AA immediately afterwards. All they really do is stall or do chip damage. Except now they build no meter. Jumps are easy and have long reach. Even characters like Heihachi have that insane j. RH that just beats or trades virtually all the time.

Then you factor that Jin, Hwoarang, Lili, Kazuya, Lars, Steve, Julia, and whoever else have OTHER ways of getting in - its a problem. The lame game? Raven and Alisa are better at it than, say, Akuma and Ryu, that's for sure.

I'm not a fan of the balance changes at all. The system changes are solid but some of the characters got hit too hard. It convinced me to switch my team up.

I completely dropped guile, but i still think he has the best projectile in the game.

I do feel the tekken cast has a bunch of moves that are small risk, huge reward that are virtually unpunishable. Does seem a bit unfair

The balance is skewed to the Tekken side only if you believe that a high low game is the only way to open someone up. Most of the Tekken characters walk at the speed of smell and characters like Chun/Bison/etc. in the hands of someone with good footsies, will easily hold their own.

A lot of the Tekken strings have gaps in them where you can reversal or backdash.

Mileena

Banned
Hugo got it the worst. My friend mained him in vanilla and its like night and day using him now.

yea I had to drop him, it just pains my heart to see a 3s character nerfed so bad when he wasn't even top 5 to begin with. Oh well.

Q you got any scrub tips for Ogre? I dunno who to put with Vega so I'm tryin out some dudes that look cool

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
yea I had to drop him, it just pains my heart to see a 3s character nerfed so bad when he wasn't even top 5 to begin with. Oh well.

Q you got any scrub tips for Ogre? I dunno who to put with Vega so I'm tryin out some dudes that look cool

Mash jab
did it connect? c.lk c.mk c.mk

Did it get blocked? Mash jab

Your basic aa move is cr.HK which you then dash cancel out of into a follow up it's a bit tricky to use properly and half the time you are better off dashing away due to his fast forward dash you can pretty much dash past a lot of jump ins if you time it right.

Your goal with him is to pretty much keep moving forward and keep them in block stun all day.

His main downside like Q if you ever played 3rd strike is that he's tall as fuck so a lot of stuff that doesnt cross over does and vice versa also you need to learn how to block the follow ups on reaction because due to his hight you might end up blocking a cross over but when they land they will be in front of you requiring a normal positioned block

And no I wouldn't say the balance is favored towards any side right now early on characters with simple string stuff always seem better. The tekken characters for the most part have always been strong in this game, they were just underplayed.

The balance is skewed to the Tekken side only if you believe that a high low game is the only way to open someone up. Most of the Tekken characters walk at the speed of smell and characters like Chun/Bison/etc. in the hands of someone with good footsies, will easily hold their own.

A lot of the Tekken strings have gaps in them where you can reversal or backdash.

Dudley's walk speed is crazyy lol

Shouta

A lot of AAs aren't total fixes though. Most are fantastic but it only really evens the playing field. The only AA that was added that's straight up unfair was Law. His LK Somersault can actually prevent cross-ups and you can combo off of it as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A lot of AAs aren't total fixes though. Most are fantastic but it only really evens the playing field. The only AA that was added that's straight up unfair was Law. His LK Somersault can actually prevent cross-ups and you can combo off of it as well.

Christe's is in the same spot well minus the combo off of.

rocK`

Banned
"Cool, so it will be up until the end of the week! \o

EDIT: it has to be up on the "Community" forum, not on the "GAMING" one right?"

I would say it's fine for the gaming side for a bit, make sure the thread highlights the changes between versions.

Sorry for being OT - you must get this question a lot.

Why do you not use the quote function?

Top Bottom