• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

XBL: NoizyChild

PSN: ThatNoizyChild

I mostly play Marvel, but this game looks like it might get me back into more SF-oriented mechanics. Try not to stomp me too hard.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Do fighters have unique dialog when facing each other like in Marvel or when teaming up together? I want some Heihachi x M Bison for my fanfic

There are character specific win quotes for all characters :)

BTW, I was the main writer on SFXTK, so if you guys like or don't like what you see/hear in the game, please make sure to let your opinion be known! I'd love the feedback. :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
*shots fired.

I can think of a few players on psn gaf that aren't going to be free, myself included. Can't wait to get games in with everybody. we need to get an irc chat going, also a psn chat is a given.

Oh I know you wont be free.... you will be paying me. Kappa

LowParry

Does anyone know where I can get some of the in game screenshots of Ling? I can't seem to find any anywhere other than on the official JP site and I can't seem to get them :(

Anyone have any teams they're really excited about? The first team I'm really going to try and learn is Juri/Xiaoyu. Build lots of meter with Juri and zone if I need to, then rush down and mess stuff up with Xiao :D

Abel/Marduk, oh man, I just cannot wait.

Other teams include possibly Heihachi/Akuma or Steve/Law. Cody will definitely be involved upon release

BTW, I was the main writer on SFXTK, so if you guys like or don't like what you see/hear in the game, please make sure to let your opinion be known! I'd love the feedback. :)

Is there unique dialogue for tagging characters in/out? Do they just call each others' names?

Oh fuck, I finally got the OT subtitle. D:

3a5q6.png

sephi22

But it's just.. Man, I find it crazy that people go for the version with less features.

Yeah, makes no sense to me. If you want to get the other version, just get the other version.
Sometimes people complain about too few characters, then they complain about extra characters.

Some salty SRK posters were even boycotting the MK PS3 version because of Kratos. Shit is crazy

LowParry

But it's just.. Man, I find it crazy that people go for the version with less features.

I really don't care for the cats. Cole. MM and PM maybe but still, I have 38 characters to learn. And another 12 at some point. So those five extras I really don't need.

Filth

Ps3 version preordered just because a vita version is coming out. I'm going to be free for everyone :D

sephi22

I really don't care for the cats. Cole. MM and PM maybe but still, I have 38 characters to learn. And another 12 at some point. So those five extras I really don't need.
Not going for extra characters is okay.
Saying the extra characters are the reason you're skipping that version is weird.

LowParry

Not going for extra characters is okay.
Saying the extra characters are the reason you're skipping that version is weird.

Well, there are other reasons. In my experiences, fighters have ran better online on the 360. But exclusive characters don't really matter in my purchase. I'm buying the game for the core gameplay and what it offers as a whole.

sephi22

Well, there are other reasons. In my experiences, fighters have ran better online on the 360. But exclusive characters don't really matter in my purchase. I'm buying the game for the core gameplay and what it offers as a whole.

zoner and I weren't even talking about you man. There are a couple of good reasons to get the 360 version. But the reason Snapshot King gave was dumb. I was talking about him, not you.

That's awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of quotes you wrote for Ibuki and Xiaoyu.

I'm kinda curious though. I remember there being an interview where Ono said you guys were working closely with a group for gays/lesbians/transgendered so no one would be offended by the Poison win quotes. Do you know if the original win quotes against Poison are still in the game? Or if they're even the same?

Oh, and did you have any part in writing for Super Street Fighter 4 or Marvel? I'm not sure of your history, so sorry in advance.

LowParry

I heard on the Cross Assault stream that there's a win quote about Spooky. Is that true? Can you tell the character specifics to get that quote?

Novid

Banned
That's awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing what kind of quotes you wrote for Ibuki and Xiaoyu.

I'm kinda curious though. I remember there being an interview where Ono said you guys were working closely with a group for gays/lesbians/transgendered so no one would be offended by the Poison win quotes. Do you know if the original win quotes against Poison are still in the game? Or if they're even the same?

Oh, and did you have any part in writing for Super Street Fighter 4 or Marvel? I'm not sure of your history, so sorry in advance.

I think that was the one that one of the posters of Gaf interviewed Ono about - GLADD was metioned.

GrayFoxPL

Supposedly it's Raven and Paul. No one knows what it says yet.

Probably Paul says: "Black ninja? You're spooky, man." :p

I'm salivating for this game since first announcement, but there's one thing I don't like - alternative costumes.
The crossover cosplay idea probably sounded good while snoring coke of geisha's ass crack but it was shit delusion. In Tekken 2p costumes are have exact same importance as p1 ones. Man, I wish those were in sfxt, even as dlc.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Is there unique dialogue for tagging characters in/out? Do they just call each others' names?

Yeah some characters have little variations on what's normally said. IIRC it also changes depending on how the tag occurs (raw tag, switch cancel, etc.)

I heard on the Cross Assault stream that there's a win quote about Spooky. Is that true? Can you tell the character specifics to get that quote?

It's not about spooky actually, it's more aimed at Arturo since we've been friends for over a decade and I needed to give him a shoutout/jab lol. Having said that, there's a bunch of references sprinkled around the game, especially in the win quotes :)

Yeah, what Ono said is correct, the originals were taken out but you can find them floating on the net. I probably shouldn't say anything more about that though, but what Ono said is totally true!

And yes, I also did a ton of work on the original SF4, SSF4, and vanilla Marvel 3 (I didn't do that much on Ultimate since I was on SFXTK though). I was actually the one who came up with the Ken flowchart quote in SSF4 :D

sephi22

It's not about spooky actually, it's more aimed at Arturo since we've been friends for over a decade and I needed to give him a shoutout/jab lol. Having said that, there's a bunch of references sprinkled around the game, especially in the win quotes :)
Paul beats Raven
"Sorry for messing with your setup Spooky. Yo damn"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
XBL: NoizyChild

PSN: ThatNoizyChild

I mostly play Marvel, but this game looks like it might get me back into more SF-oriented mechanics. Try not to stomp me too hard.

Welcome to NeoGaf but I hope that you wouldn't pull ragequits against us because we don't like that in GAF Community.

Top Bottom