• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I dont get what the thread topic means.

1326013499521zfkl4.gif

I like the thread title. I'll be on PSN.

PSN: atrickcard

If I do get added, give me your Gaffer username in the message! Will be getting this Day 1.

A coworker and I did the entire game and everything around it, pretty much. We worked on win quotes, opening/ending movie scripts, in-game dialog, menus, etc. You can name anything in the game related to writing and we did it.

We also translated all of the blog posts from the team because we know the community loves that kind of stuff too! We're both long-time SRK members so we know how important it is to give the community as much info as we can plus give them some fanservice when possible :D

That's awesome! Have you worked on any other games?

G-Fex

You'll be playing this game in secret until the time to reveal that you've been playing the whole time. We call this G-Fex Methodology.

I'm not tsundere for it at the moment.

I was hyped up day one for this cause I love tekken. Then I lost interest.

But right now it's better I just stay far far far away from the fighting game scene.

AAK

Watching Aris play on Cross Assault using the autoblock gem handicapping him like crazy! Ultradavid am cry.

He autoblocks the mixup but he no longer has meter to safe tag out! You save the damage on one mixup but you will eat the damage for the second one when you do an unsafe tag in.

vocab

I can't find one practical use for assist gems on a competitive level. It's clearly made for the casual crowd or people who play fighting games by just mashing buttons. If someone can really justify auto blocking or auto throw tech, please, by all means show me the light.

LowParry

I can't find one practical use for assist gems on a competitive level. It's clearly made for the casual crowd or people who play fighting games by just mashing buttons. If someone can really justify auto blocking or auto throw tech, please, by all means show me the light.

Defense gems are good for the fact that you avoid being 50% comboed off of Rufus and lower that down to about 30%. That's pretty huge. Gems are made for player's style. They don't make the character over powered for super defensive. They just fine tune that character to the player's play style. That's all they are.

vocab

Defense gems are good for the fact that you avoid being 50% comboed off of Rufus and lower that down to about 30%. That's pretty huge. Gems are made for player's style. They don't make the character over powered for super defensive. They just fine tune that character to the player's play style. That's all they are.

I said assist gems. Defense gems are really good, and are viable for many play styles.

I'm feeling real real real weak right now. I have said no Bryan (DLC doesnt count unless its priced much better than marvel 3) is a deal breaker but damn....

I guess I'll have to watch from the sidelines biting my fist.

LowParry

I said assist gems. Defense gems are really good, and are viable for many play styles.

New players primarily is my guess. The easy input stuff. I know someone's going to abuse the hell out of that with charge characters. I don't see any harm in them.

AAK

The only use I can see from it is from VERY situational matches. For example Bronson vs Hornett. Bronson had a much stronger footsie and execution game but he just couldn't break throws that match. So just to compensate for a weekness that your opponent can't exploit at that time period.

But other than that, I'm drawing a blank on how to properly utilize it in high play.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I'm not tsundere for it at the moment.

I was hyped up day one for this cause I love tekken. Then I lost interest.

But right now it's better I just stay far far far away from the fighting game scene.

Your loss. Game looks great.

nHDR

Banned
I'll be on XBL. Probably going to use Akuma/Bison at first, then may switch in Steve Fox or Yoshimitsu after I learn them.

PM me if you want my GT! Always looking for cool people who like to chat and play to win.

Kuugrr

I'm pretty excited about this. The actual gameplay from Cross Assault took me from zero interest to day one.

Probably XBL, playing King for sure and trying other dudes out with him.

ESPORTS.

vocab

No one here has it except maybe one or two people. Most of us have been watching Cross Assault all week. I would say it's a pretty good game, but I wont know until I get my copy if it's the game I wished for.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Will someone on PS3 run a megaman and pac-man team to troll for fun?

I really hope that they are playable on 360 by DLC. I suspected that it will be timed exclusive because I don't think Namco and Capcom would pull that kind of things to 360 with their own characters.

zlatko

Banned
Has it been confirmed anywhere, or for those paying close attention in streams, does Akuma have low health in SFxT - as in lowest in the game low health?

Lowest? Hard to tell. Health meters in the game in general are a bit hard to follow honestly.

The guide for the game will be out soon enough so we know who it is, but he definitely does have his low health as par the course for a Capcom fighter.

sephi22

E-sports/aaaaaaaa is a MUCH shittier title (not to say that the current one is shitty, since I love it). Sit back down and enjoy the ride.

There were some really great suggestions in the other thread, but unfortunately they were spur of the moment deals and are lost in between hundreds of posts of drama.

The Jem reference is too niche.

AAK

Has it been confirmed anywhere, or for those paying close attention in streams, does Akuma have low health in SFxT - as in lowest in the game low health?

According to Ricky Ortiz and other guys who tried it during Cross Assault, his health felt average for this iteration. But again, their observation was completely based on feel rather than objectively testing it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I've already got this preordered, so it doesn't quite matter really, but I just thought I'd check...in general, this game is sorta like SFIV with easier links, right? 'Cause if so, that's all I really need to know.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Will probably wait it out for the PC version ... but goddamn, two months. Capcom's killing me here.

zlatko

Banned
So I've already got this preordered, so it doesn't quite matter really, but I just thought I'd check...in general, this game is sorta like SFIV with easier links, right? 'Cause if so, that's all I really need to know.

I heard some links might be tighter and harder to do. But the game also has chains.

So good footsies will probably result in link link link, chain, (various ways to go from here with launch, a special, supers, launch into more links/chains/specials, etc)

So I heard Abel's step kick into X is easier in this game, which sounds amazing to me because I was horrible at that 1 Frame link, especially when trying to cancel that heavy punch into QCF+P. Does this make Abel easier/better? Or is the fact that there is no FADC kind of weaken his potential?

zlatko

Banned
So I heard Abel's step kick into X is easier in this game, which sounds amazing to me because I was horrible at that 1 Frame link, especially when trying to cancel that heavy punch into QCF+P. Does this make Abel easier/better? Or is the fact that there is no FADC kind of weaken his potential?

iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

From what I've seen he is definitely still a strong character in this game. All the grapplers are a real threat.

What makes him a bit weaker IMO is that on wake up he isn't as big of a threat to players standing up thanks to roll forward and a shorter normal throw range. However, with a shorter normal throw range, it will make his command grabs much more solid since he shouldn't be getting thrown out of EX ones.

They gave him a new move which is a shoulder tackle like Uriens and is a charge move.

All around though I'd say he's a good character, but maybe a bit less scary than his SF4 part. Easier to play? Yeah definitely thanks to chains being present.

Oh and his super art sucks IMO. If I saw right he can't link or chain into it since it is a command grab. :(

vocab

I heard some links might be tighter and harder to do. But the game also has chains.

Seth said all the links he couldn't do in SFIV he can do in this game no problem. Some people described the links being having 1 more frame of leniency.

Top Bottom