• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Me, Cynistar, Mike Chow and XsK Samurai will all see you guys at NCR! We will be rooming with MINE, Xray and Snake Dux so come say what's up, play, drink all that good stuff.....

PSN Gaf stay free!!!!!

zlatko

Banned
Yo just realized I got a shout out in the OP.

<3 Tizoc.

I think that list of shout outed folks are the few that were on board with this game since day one and actually were level headed to defend gems during that dark 2-3 week period where everyone and his mom was shitting on this game.

Glad it all turned out rainbows in the end. Now we just gotta cross our fingers for god like net code. ;)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yo just realized I got a shout out in the OP.

<3 Tizoc.

I think that list of shout outed folks are the few that were on board with this game since day one and actually were level headed to defend gems during that dark 2-3 week period where everyone and his mom was shitting on this game.

Glad it all turned out rainbows in the end. Now we just gotta cross our fingers for god like net code. ;)

Awesome. I got shout out too. I remember the dark age of Gem.. What a great era. :)

If i pre-order SF x TK then I will get ALL pre-ordered gems from Collector's edition right? I am thinking about abusing those gems to get online achievements.

(stare at l in my name)

zlatko

Banned
Awesome. I got shout out too. I remember the dark age of Gem.. What a great era. :)

If i pre-order SF x TK then I will get ALL pre-ordered gems from Collector's edition right? I am thinking about abusing those gems to get online achievements.

(stare at l in my name)

I had the same dilemma. It seems you get all the gems if you do get CE, BUT there is ONE gem pack code that is ONLY for pre ordering CE, and that code is only available from certain pre order places.

If I was reading right those places are Amazon, Gamestop, and Best Buy.

Oh and a tip is according to my Gamestop I went to, they are 100% out of stock of CE's for SFxT for the whole Gstop company. I got mine at Best Buy luckily though.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah some characters have little variations on what's normally said. IIRC it also changes depending on how the tag occurs (raw tag, switch cancel, etc.)

It's not about spooky actually, it's more aimed at Arturo since we've been friends for over a decade and I needed to give him a shoutout/jab lol. Having said that, there's a bunch of references sprinkled around the game, especially in the win quotes :)

Yeah, what Ono said is correct, the originals were taken out but you can find them floating on the net. I probably shouldn't say anything more about that though, but what Ono said is totally true!

And yes, I also did a ton of work on the original SF4, SSF4, and vanilla Marvel 3 (I didn't do that much on Ultimate since I was on SFXTK though). I was actually the one who came up with the Ken flowchart quote in SSF4 :D

Woah!
You are responsible for the win quotes? Awesome! :D
Did you write the script or in game dialogs?

What character gave you problems?

Wonder what you wrote for Mishimas.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I had the same dilemma. It seems you get all the gems if you do get CE, BUT there is ONE gem pack code that is ONLY for pre ordering CE, and that code is only available from certain pre order places.

Oh and a tip is according to my Gamestop I went to, they are 100% out of stock of CE's for SFxT for the whole Gstop company. I got mine at Best Buy luckily though.

SMH I was too late I guess..

FSLink

Banned
vjmXS.png

Dibs.

Can't wait to play everyone Day 1.

XBL: FSLink
PSN: amodestproposal

Ferrio

Banned

Odd still shows them on their website...

zlatko

Banned
Odd still shows them on their website...

Yeah I'm just going by what the employee said. I had him double check, asked him where a different Gamestop was nearest to us, and he was letting me know it's 100% out for the company as a whole.

Maybe it's a situation where only certain stores can get a limited amount of the CE, and that stores quota was met. Or maybe, they were out then, but they got Capcom to fork over more since then, and are doing it through their site?

Not sure.

I do know, best bet for a CE right now if you are in the USA would be to go with Amazon, if you pre order it you get it all, AND you get that free release day shipping right? If you are worried it won't show up that day, then Best Buy is still locked and loaded from what I can tell.

zlatko

Banned
Don't think so. I was going to take but currently working out a custom one for myself.

I was going to try and mess with a custom avatar myself for either Rolento or Steve Fox, but then by grace this Ono moment happened and I had to go with this avatar for myself.

Too epic of trolling to let go unforgotten.

zlatko

Banned
I pre ordered the guide too today on Amazon. Too bad it shows up after the game is out, but oh well.

First fighting game guide too. The recent ones have been super gdlk is what people said, so I figured since this is my most hype ass fighter other than TTT2, that I'd pony up for it and see if it can deliver some good knowledge that it'd make me buy guides in the future for other fighters.

LowParry

I think the guide will be helpful for the first year of it's release. I'm not sure what kind of balance patches we'll see. I don't really expect to see any of that till after the 12 DLC characters are out. Or at the time of their release.

Edit: In game Ling looks better than that art. :D

Sloosha

well its really up to you. I don't mind giving it up.

Nah, it's fine.

I think the guide will be helpful for the first year of it's release. I'm not sure what kind of balance patches we'll see. I don't really expect to see any of that till after the 12 DLC characters are out. Or at the time of their release.

Edit: In game Ling looks better than that art. :D

Nice. Could you possible make me one(Lili or Asuka), using the same format.

mollipen

I'm trying to decide which version I'm going to keep, but I think it'll be PS3. Just keep in mind that I'm not a super-expert-pro at fighting games before you decide to hunt me down and crush me.

PSN: pikoeri

Edit: Oh, if you decide to add me, please drop me a note when doing so letting me know that you're from GAF and wanting to play SFxT! I typically don't add people unless I know where they're from.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Woah!
You are responsible for the win quotes? Awesome! :D
Did you write the script or in game dialogs?

What character gave you problems?

Wonder what you wrote for Mishimas.

A coworker and I did the entire game and everything around it, pretty much. We worked on win quotes, opening/ending movie scripts, in-game dialog, menus, etc. You can name anything in the game related to writing and we did it.

We also translated all of the blog posts from the team because we know the community loves that kind of stuff too! We're both long-time SRK members so we know how important it is to give the community as much info as we can plus give them some fanservice when possible :D

Welcome to NeoGaf but I hope that you wouldn't pull ragequits against us because we don't like that in GAF Community.

Considering you quit against me in the one match we played, that's pretty ironic.

But thank you for the welcome. You nor anyone else has anything to worry about.

Ken

Can't wait. :D

Will there be "scrub lobbies" for players still learning or new to fighting games? I know there was a scrub friends list for UMvC3 which worked out kind of well, I thought.

Teknoman

Can't wait. :D

Will there be "scrub lobbies" for players still learning or new to fighting games? I know there was a scrub friends list for UMvC3 which worked out kind of well, I thought.

It did. You'd have people on even footing, and then some really good guys that would destroy you, but in turn teach you how they did so. Everyone improved abit and had fun.

Man i've been waiting for a more even paced tag fighter since...well Tekken Tag Tournament and CvS 2.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So releases next week? DAY ONE!!!
Ok week two

Congrats to Oichi for his work!

A coworker and I did the entire game and everything around it, pretty much. We worked on win quotes, opening/ending movie scripts, in-game dialog, menus, etc. You can name anything in the game related to writing and we did it.

Oh cool. Then iirc you and itsumobasho did most of the work? Congo rats.

Anyways since this out in the wild was there any further confirmation/information on this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33097941&postcount=17

Tizoc showed me love in the OP. Thanks, dawg.

And good to see Oichi too. Please tell me you'll have time for the OT for Final Showdown? Wouldn't be a VF thread without you.

Something, Something, Death to eSports. Something, Something, Sexual Harassment. Something, Something, I don't care what anybody says I'm still fapping to Poison. Something, Something, STAY FUCKING TORE!!!

Enjoy the game everybody.

Top Bottom