• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

Tizoc

Anyone knows where I can read and view various custom color palletes for characters?
I wanna try and make Jack-X look like Optimus Prime and give Nina a UMvC3 Jean Grey color pallete.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This is game is completely dead online on PC. Wish I'd known that before buying it.

And now SSF4 and SFxTK no longer recognize my fightpad RT and LT buttons after an update. Back to consoles.

Nyoro SF

This is game is completely dead online on PC. Wish I'd known that before buying it.

And now SSF4 and SFxTK no longer recognize my fightpad RT and LT buttons after an update. Back to consoles.

There were tons of warnings in this thread about it, but I guess that would involve a lot of scrolling. I dunno if review sites haven't been paid off entirely regarding the PC version or whatever.

Hey guys. Just recently got my hands on this game and am wondering what are some of the easier characters to use in v.2013? By easy I mean in terms of learning the characters moves, footsies, and execution. Just wondering since I might not be able to put in too much time in this game. I really do like Kazuya, though his EWGF will take some time to learn.

Shouta

Just go with what character you like. No single one is going to be easier than others to learn all the elements to a fighting game. If you're looking for a single aspect to practice on, then maybe but there isn't a supreme new player friendly char.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
There were tons of warnings in this thread about it, but I guess that would involve a lot of scrolling. I dunno if review sites haven't been paid off entirely regarding the PC version or whatever.

I figured some people might be on with the game (finally) more up to date. Funny that it is STILL missing some available content from the shop though.

Just go with what character you like. No single one is going to be easier than others to learn all the elements to a fighting game. If you're looking for a single aspect to practice on, then maybe but there isn't a supreme new player friendly char.

Ah okay. Maybe I can be more specific with what kind of character I want to play or what aspects I look for in characters. I play Bison in AE, so I like characters with good mobility, fast and long ranged pokes, and good escape options. Even though I come from an SF background I'm more interested in the Tekken chars in this game. So far I've only messed around with Kazuya and King.

Tizoc

Dictator+King or Kazuya sounds like a good team.
King or Kazuya can be your main damage dealers, though I'd say King has much easier combos.

NEO0MJ

Dictator+King or Kazuya sounds like a good team.
King or Kazuya can be your main damage dealers, though I'd say King has much easier combos.

Unless you use the Mishima's a lot in Tekken I wouldn't suggest them, I find their uppercut motion pretty difficult to input.

NEO0MJ

IIRC, mashing QCF will do the EGWF move.

Seriously? I never bothered trying it in this game because I still can't do it consistently in Tekken. Besides the only Mishima I like is Heihachi and they simplified it for him in this game.

Ah okay. Maybe I can be more specific with what kind of character I want to play or what aspects I look for in characters. I play Bison in AE, so I like characters with good mobility, fast and long ranged pokes, and good escape options. Even though I come from an SF background I'm more interested in the Tekken chars in this game. So far I've only messed around with Kazuya and King.
neither of those charas particularly remind me of bison. i can't think of any bison-like tekken chara. yoshi and raven both have useful teleports. but perhaps i'd say julia or hwoarang or maybe even nina.

To do the wind god fist, there needs to be a neutral input for the game to register the move.

Electric wind god fist is a just frame and takes a ton of practice to be consistent with.

I actually don't want to play Bison in this game because I don't want to mix up his combos and timings between this game and AE. I plan on spending time learning EWGF, because I'm trying to get into this game and Tekken Tag 2. So far I think I might try to stick with Kazuya and King and also try some Raven. I won't have access to my ps3 for a few weeks so I'll have to try stuff then. For the PSN players, feel free to add me.

PSN: Solidgear91

Tizoc

So I spent an hour or so yesterday making custom colors for various characters.
I ended up making Nina look like Mystique, which worked out VERY well. I also made her a Jean Grey/Phoenix alt., which is passable tho.

I made Hugo look like Rugal from KoF 98 and he looks REALLY good. I swear it's like the preview in Custom Color mode is an LQ representation of what the final result is gonna be XD.

MexicanKing1337

Neo Member
So I spent an hour or so yesterday making custom colors for various characters.
I ended up making Nina look like Mystique, which worked out VERY well. I also made her a Jean Grey/Phoenix alt., which is passable tho.

I made Hugo look like Rugal from KoF 98 and he looks REALLY good. I swear it's like the preview in Custom Color mode is an LQ representation of what the final result is gonna be XD.

I always go into the color edit to try to make cool costumes, but i always end up making all the generic ones like Hulk Hugo and the villains from Panty and Stocking lol

one of these days, i'll finally make a cool custom color lol

MexicanKing1337

Neo Member
Hey, does anyone here have any tips for fighting against Nina and Jin? out of all the characters i play against, these two give me the hardest time. any advice will help

for reference, i'm playing Law/Alisa, either order depending on what characters i fight against.

Tizoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nnlw_D-6_I0#t=325s
VBXOL09.gif

#SWAG

kirblar

Personal opinion, Nina, Kuma, Jin, Alisa, Dhalsim.

Most won't agree though. =P
I'd take Nina out (not sure who I'd put in her place) but otherwise agree. edit: Yeah, I'd put Raven in there.

Kuma in SF4 would be hilarious- they actually just went and gave the character the kitchen sink, too.

Is it OK at EVO for two people to play in the same team in SFxTKN?
Yup!

Shouta

I'd take Nina out (not sure who I'd put in her place) but otherwise agree. edit: Yeah, I'd put Raven in there.

Kuma in SF4 would be hilarious- they actually just went and gave the character the kitchen sink, too.

Yup!

Nah, Nina has insane AA and solid limbs on some of her really important buttons. She can be really mangle you with smart play if you're not careful. There are other characters that zone far better than her but I think she controls the space she needs to really well, just like Kuma.

Personal opinion, Nina, Kuma, Jin, Alisa, Dhalsim.

Most won't agree though. =P
Alisa + Raven >> Sagat, Guile, Sim, Jin
Well, at least there's some agreement.

Can you guys link some solid gameplay of these characters showing how their spacing game works?
Nina
Kuma
Jin
Alisa
Dhalsim
Raven
Sagat
Guile

I might give SFxT another shot after loathing it the first time I played it. Also, forgive my ignorance, but when the game first released people basically said projectiles are useless in this game. Is that still true? Why?

Thanks again! I'm having a lot of fun branching out into other games right now. I feel like I have a strong enough handle on SSFIVAE to pick something else up.

kirblar

Well, at least there's some agreement.

Can you guys link some solid gameplay of these characters showing how their spacing game works?
Nina
Kuma
Jin
Alisa
Dhalsim
Raven
Sagat
Guile

I might give SFxT another shot after loathing it the first time I played it. Also, forgive my ignorance, but when the game first released people basically said projectiles are useless in this game. Is that still true? Why?

Thanks again! I'm having a lot of fun branching out into other games right now. I feel like I have a strong enough handle on SSFIVAE to pick something else up.
Projectiles work a lot more like they do in say, KOFXIII where they're almost always just a spacing tool, rather than an important part of a character's moveset/damage output.

I would watch Arturo's Sim/Alisa play- it's probably the most heavy spacing team out there. Sethlolol's Kuma is amazing, because he plays the character on a level no one else does, but the character has a ridiculously large toolbox that you need to learn to take full advantage of.

Projectiles work a lot more like they do in say, KOFXIII where they're almost always just a spacing tool, rather than an important part of a character's moveset/damage output.

I would watch Arturo's Sim/Alisa play- it's probably the most heavy spacing team out there. Sethlolol's Kuma is amazing, because he plays the character on a level no one else does, but the character has a ridiculously large toolbox that you need to learn to take full advantage of.
Thanks. I don't understand the KOFXIII reference, though.

I'll check out Arturo and Sethlolol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp952U5hqz8

Jibbo has the best Sagat/Jin currently IMO. I don't know if he's zoning as much in these videos though.
Thank you. I watched the whole video. Are there a lot of added projectiles in this game over the Tekken series? I've noticed that Jin's fireballs and Raven's shuriken aren't in their source games (or at least not T6, since you know I've never played TTT2). I'm not really feeling Sagat, as is the case with SSFIVAE.

Shouta

Thanks. I don't understand the KOFXIII reference, though.

I'll check out Arturo and Sethlolol.

Thank you. I watched the whole video. Are there a lot of added projectiles in this game over the Tekken series? I've noticed that Jin's fireballs and Raven's shuriken aren't in their source games (or at least not T6, since you know I've never played TTT2). I'm not really feeling Sagat, as is the case with SSFIVAE.

There's a second video as well with commentary from Ryan Hunter, an awesome Julia/Steve player (as I recall).

As for projectiles, 5 Tekken characters got them. Technically 4 (Jin, Raven, Jack-X, Steve) but Alisa got her rocket punches to be an actual weapon instead of just a move. Jin's are the most unique of the bunch though.

There's a second video as well with commentary from Ryan Hunter, an awesome Julia/Steve player (as I recall).

As for projectiles, 5 Tekken characters got them. Technically 4 (Jin, Raven, Jack-X, Steve) but Alisa got her rocket punches to be an actual weapon instead of just a move. Jin's are the most unique of the bunch though.
5 characters got them from T6 -> TTT2, or from TTT2 -> SFxT?

How exactly does Jin use those spacing orbs? Are they heavy + on block and allow you to get in? Or are they mostly just annoying until someone closes the distance on you?

Shouta

5 characters got them from T6 -> TTT2, or from TTT2 -> SFxT?

How exactly does Jin use those spacing orbs? Are they heavy + on block and allow you to get in? Or are they mostly just annoying until someone closes the distance on you?

Well, as far as I can tell, these projectiles are more SFxT related. Jin has a laser in Devil mode I think but not the orbs. i don't think Raven has shurikens. Pretty sure Steve doesn't get a Dandouken.

As for Jin orbs, it's more for keeping folks out when you've gotten the life lead. They stay out for quite a bit and are really good obstruction because they don't move past you. It provides more ideal defensive situations than a regular fireball because of the stationary nature.

I think one of the Jins in Top 8 in a few of the recent tournys (can't remember which one) did a raelly good job of using them to block out advances to take back the lead at full screen. The EX version also puts out 2 orbs as well.

That's my understanding of them from a playing against Jin perspective though.

Well, as far as I can tell, these projectiles are more SFxT related. Jin has a laser in Devil mode I think but not the orbs. i don't think Raven has shurikens. Pretty sure Steve doesn't get a Dandouken.

As for Jin orbs, it's more for keeping folks out when you've gotten the life lead. They stay out for quite a bit and are really good obstruction because they don't move past you. It provides more ideal defensive situations than a regular fireball because of the stationary nature.

I think one of the Jins in Top 8 in a few of the recent tournys (can't remember which one) did a raelly good job of using them to block out advances to take back the lead at full screen. The EX version also puts out 2 orbs as well.

That's my understanding of them from a playing against Jin perspective though.
Thank you for the explanation.

Ken

Is there anything like the Dustloop wiki for characters with brief paragraphs on how each one plays? I'm looking at Shoryuken Wiki and quite a few just have

TBW

In a nutshell

TBW

as their description.

Shouta

Unfortunately, not really. The lack of interest in the game means that the folks that would create guides liek that aren't doing it. There's a lot really interesting stuff in this especially with a whole lot of new chars to play with but folks don't really want to give the game a chance still.

Zukuu

Banned
Is Dudley/Asuka a good team?

Asuka is rated relatively low on the tier list, despite her extreme damage output. She can be outzoned pretty well and has limbs like a t-rex. Dudley is decent and one of the most mobile characters. He's very straight forward tho, so he is rather predictable. Every team works to a degree tho. Dudley can set up combos for Asuka - so that is a legit combination.

Ken

Trying to do this Dudley combo but the HK always whiffs; any ideas why or does it not work in the latest version.

Launcher/EX MGB fMK HK...

goldenpp72

So I was thinking of buying this game, but I'm not sure which system I should get it on, did the Mega man and other exclusive chars ever come out to the 360? Is the 360 one just inferior? Also, do you still have to buy a ton of dlc chars or did they let you use them from the start now?

Sorry for the noob questions, just trying to make a decision.

Top Bottom