• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

Zukuu

Banned
So I was thinking of buying this game, but I'm not sure which system I should get it on, did the Mega man and other exclusive chars ever come out to the 360? Is the 360 one just inferior? Also, do you still have to buy a ton of dlc chars or did they let you use them from the start now?

Sorry for the noob questions, just trying to make a decision.

Depends how serious you want to play the game.

360 or PS3 aren't really different except for the exclusive characters that no one plays and that are banned in every major tournament anyway. They are still exclusive to the PS3 tho. Depending on where you live, you might want to check where the most active community is on. Also, if you play on pad, that plays a huge role as well.

The DLC characters (if you want to play them) still need to be purchased.

Shouta

If you use the macatz pad, it can be mitigatd by getting one for each system but that's an investment you may not want. So just go with the version you want and you're comfortable playing with a pad on.

Ken

Trying to do this Dudley combo but the HK always whiffs; any ideas why or does it not work in the latest version.

Launcher/EX MGB fMK HK...

I can't do three fMKs on Ryu either; he drops on the second hit of the secnd fMK.

Shouta

Yes. saionide found this several months ago and I think he taught Seth it lol. They just didn't bring it out. Now the cat is out of the bag.

Shouta

Not as high as some folks think, tbh. You need the corner, it only works on certain chars and you're likely to get killed before you can start it with the damage in the game.

Is anyone here still playing this? Would love to get a lobby going (I only have 360 version) with some gaffers. I'm not great by any means, but still love the game

I figured as much. It's all copacetic, though. If anyone is interested In some lobby action, just let me know. Always up for some games. But let it be known, if you play Heiachi, I will have some very stern words for you

Teknoman

If you use the macatz pad, it can be mitigatd by getting one for each system but that's an investment you may not want. So just go with the version you want and you're comfortable playing with a pad on.

Figured i'd ask here as well:

Since its been awhile, figured i'd ask if anyone else was still using one of the SF Fightpads for PS3, and how they were holding up.

Thinking about getting one for when I have to play elsewhere, instead of just plunking down for another stick.

Was looking at those Hori Fighting Commander pads, but they seem to be really rare.

combos like that make me wish the 2v2 format stuck.

i have a madcatz pad, but honestly im scared to use it (partly because i love the art). i have 2 pdp's, versus and afterglow (pre-age fanatiq), and they both broke within the first month. i remember when fanatiq first got signed, was he constantly using new controllers to show off the colours, or because they constantly broke? in any case, i'm not getting pdp again. besides, i love my ds3.

so post evo, how do people feel about the game now? it seems pretty evident that evo doesn't want to support it, despite the large turnout and international appeal. and now with ultra sf4, it seems like capcom feels the same way.

So after Evo, this is definitely one of the games I plan on getting into more, for sure. Had a really great time playing it there. And even with my random ass team of Marduk/Sagat, lol.

Ken

Having a hard time finding a partner for Dudley that I find fun. I blame myself for only playing Dudley in SFIV.

Caved in and bought the complete pack on PC because the wait for a deeper discount was taking way longer than I expected. I'm surprised to say that the online is not as dead as I was expecting, and the netcode seems to be comparable to the 360 version.

Here's my steam id if anyone's up to playing sometime on PC. Gamertag in my profile. I live on the East Coast.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Caved in and bought the complete pack on PC because the wait for a deeper discount was taking way longer than I expected. I'm surprised to say that the online is not as dead as I was expecting, and the netcode seems to be comparable to the 360 version.

Here's my steam id if anyone's up to playing sometime on PC. Gamertag in my profile. I live on the East Coast.

Really? Every time I try the PC version it's dead. :/

Really? Every time I try the PC version it's dead. :/

Yeah, I've tried out Ranked multiple times over the past week, and I usually get at least 2-4 people online in the afternoon and very early in the morning. I know that isn't lively though. But it's better than straight dead which is what I was expecting.

I'm totally up to playing a lobby or something sometime. I'm not great, but the 2013 patch made the game one of the few fighters out right now that I just flat-out enjoy playing.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Add me and I'll be glad to play with you. GFWL ID is lyte edge and Steam ID is lyteedge.

Last time I played, I found one guy in ranked, beat him twice, and he refused to play after that and then no one was on.

They don't even have all the DLC stuff up for sale/download for the PC version...what the fuck is with Capcom and this game?

Gonna start getting back into this via online play (since no one plays this game offline, it seems, lol) due to my best performance at Evo being SFxT (3-2 if you count the bye I got, lol, as well as doing *sorta* decent against Tokido).

If anyone ever wants to play on PS3, just PM me or something and I'll be glad to play if I have time! :D

Marz

How are Vega, Sagat, and Guy in this?

Considering picking this back up but I've heard that most of the Street Fighter cast is ass?

NEO0MJ

How are Vega, Sagat, and Guy in this?

Considering picking this back up but I've heard that most of the Street Fighter cast is ass?

At first they were dominating the game but after this year's patch the Tekken characters have more of an edge, though plenty of SF characters are still good, including Sagat.

vega and sagat have both seen tournament level usage. guy has mixed views last i checked; sounds good on paper, but falls short in practice.

"sf charas sucking" is a weird sentiment. last i checked chun li is top. sanford has success with a whack sounding team of ryu/ken team. much of the cast is actually pretty viable.

i know infiltration has gone thru a lot of different characters. anyone know who he uses now?

vega and sagat have both seen tournament level usage. guy has mixed views last i checked; sounds good on paper, but falls short in practice.

"sf charas sucking" is a weird sentiment. last i checked chun li is top. sanford has success with a whack sounding team of ryu/ken team. much of the cast is actually pretty viable.

i know infiltration has gone thru a lot of different characters. anyone know who he uses now?

he definitely uses Jin now

Shouta

Sagat is good with a solid player behind him like Jibbo.

Vega is pretty good too with some solid damage. The game is more footsie-based now as well so he has some advantage on that front because of reach.

Guy is pretty solid but he has weaknesses compared to SF4 like his elbow hitbox being worse His damage is very good though especially because he's one of the SF characters that can provide a good tag opportunity for a partner.

Marz

Sagat is good with a solid player behind him like Jibbo.

Vega is pretty good too with some solid damage. The game is more footsie-based now as well so he has some advantage on that front because of reach.

Guy is pretty solid but he has weaknesses compared to SF4 like his elbow hitbox being worse His damage is very good though especially because he's one of the SF characters that can provide a good tag opportunity for a partner.

Would Sagat/Vega be an OK team? If not what's the best Street Fighter team I could make without Chun-Li?

stn

Put Vega at #1, Sagat at backup. Only reason I say this is because Vega's best strength is converting cr. jab and cr. mp into launcher. I don't know much about Sagat's damage potential, but you might want to look into other SF characters. Cody hits hard, Ryu is very versatile, and Hugo is also good at backup. I always run a combo of Akuma, Rolento, or Law at point, and Yoshimitsu, Lars, Ryu, Paul, and Ogre at backup.

Ideal Points: Rolento, Vega, Yoshimitsu, Balrog
Ideal Backups: Paul, Lars
Hybrids: Akuma, Ogre, Ryu, Law, Ryu

Also, give Yoshi a try. He's a bit better at point but I've found some great uses with him as backup to Akuma. Not the most damaging team but tons of options and versatility.

Marz

Put Vega at #1, Sagat at backup. Only reason I say this is because Vega's best strength is converting cr. jab and cr. mp into launcher. I don't know much about Sagat's damage potential, but you might want to look into other SF characters. Cody hits hard, Ryu is very versatile, and Hugo is also good at backup. I always run a combo of Akuma, Rolento, or Law at point, and Yoshimitsu, Lars, Ryu, Paul, and Ogre at backup.

Ideal Points: Rolento, Vega, Yoshimitsu, Balrog
Ideal Backups: Paul, Lars
Hybrids: Akuma, Ogre, Ryu, Law, Ryu

Also, give Yoshi a try. He's a bit better at point but I've found some great uses with him as backup to Akuma. Not the most damaging team but tons of options and versatility.

I decided to play Sagat/King. I don't know how good the team is yet but King seems really quick and solid for a grappler. Gonna try this out for a bit and see how it goes.

Top Bottom