• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita |OT|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone still having trouble getting the Vita version of the DLC character alt pack purchased from the store? (not pre-order code). It's still only giving the PS3 version and has a charge for the Vita component.

For the OG or DLC characters? DLC apparently didn't come in the promo pack but the OG ones did.

TheSeks

This was the alt costume pack for the 12 DLC characters that went up for sale on 10/30. I didn't pre-order. I bought it that day.

Ah, you might want to go into the PSN store thread and let Mochuu know that there is still some cross-buy issues then. Sounds like the issue still isn't totally resolved.

TheSeks

I messaged Christoper (an admin) on Unity and he helped me out w/ a code. Finally am all set. Give that a try!

I shouldn't have to go to Capcom Unity just to get this fixed. :/

I sent an e-mail to that account@capcom.com or whatever e-mail and nada still, three weeks later. WTF, Capcom/Sony?

TheSeks

True, but that's how I got the fastest solution :/

I can't even find who you were talking to on that site, which just goes to show how terrible their fan community page is.

fernoca

Hmm..
While browsing the PS Store (on PS3), on "New Releases" (PS3 Games); after scrolling some time... saw something called "Street Fighter x Tekken Promo Offer".

Maybe some of the ones that continue having problems can check if they see something like that on their respective stores and see if that does anything? In my case I received my "fix" of the PS3-DLC characters as a voucher, so... it was marked as "Purchased"..

TheSeks

Hmm..
While browsing the PS Store (on PS3), on "New Releases" (PS3 Games); after scrolling some time... saw something called "Street Fighter x Tekken Promo Offer".

Maybe some of the ones that continue having problems can check if they see something like that on their respective stores and see if that does anything? In my case I received my "fix" of the PS3-DLC characters as a vocuher, so... it was marked as "Purchased"..

We did. It doesn't give the Alternate DLC outfits out for day one PSN purchasers like me, so in a fashion it's still broke. And I still haven't heard who to contact at Capcom Unity about it. :|

Takuan

Question: has there been any official word about the Vita version getting the big patch that the console versions are getting in January? My gut tells me no.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
So, after playing (the Demo) of SxT on my new iPad mini, all the people saying that graphics are comparable to Vita's are either crazy or trolling. I would put the iOS version behind SSFIV 3DS.

TheSeks

Question: has there been any official word about the Vita version getting the big patch that the console versions are getting in January? My gut tells me no.

That patch was announced like a month before this version launched. We dunno. Signs point to maybe, but reality says maybe not.

Skyzard

Banned
It said all platforms...but yeah it was before it came out. If the Vita version doesn't get a patch I'll just pass even with a price drop.

Skyzard

Banned
Doesn't it have to do to cross play? They would be kinda dick if they left the Vita version in the dust.

Good point! Surely it will get patched then - forgot it had crossplay!

The alternative is to what...drop that feature? Would Capcom actually do that... on disc dlc is one thing :p

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The Vita has crossplay with the PS3 version. It has to be patched pretty much on the same day and date, or compatibility would break I'd think.

Skyzard

Banned
[Edit - bought! (leaving on a trip soon, was preventing me from packing haha) - is there a cheaper way to get the dlc it seems like it will come to about another £25 just for the extra costumes :/]

Currently trying to decide between this and Super Monkey Ball.

I don't play many fighters but usually enjoy them quite a bit. I recently picked up PSASBR and I am having a lot of fun but I've been meaning to get SFxT for some Blanka and Yoshimitsu action but was waiting on a price drop that will probably never come.

From reading around and watching gameplay videos it seems like a decent port... is it recommended?

People who have both this and PSASBR, which have you been playing the most - I mean I know one is a party game pretty much so probably more fun....but is this worth nabbing too? I also have the PSP game SF alpha 3 max but don't play it much..

I know it's annoying when someone asks what they should buy but need some convincing for the price, really hope there won't be a SuperSFxT anytime soon as well..

fernoca

So...it sees Capcom finally answered my email about the codes not unlocking some content.
Though I already received a voucher directly to the message inbox of the Vita.

Since I already have them...
Now, I don't know if the codes are region free so...quote to see.

Additional Characters Pack (PS3):

^That one unlocks the 12 DLC characters.

SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack (PS3):

^That one unlocks the alternate costumes for the original 38 characters.

EDIT: BOTH CODES TAKEN.

So...it sees Capcom finally answered my email about the codes not unlocking some content.

Characters were taken by someone else that didn't say thanks. But thank you anyways.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't play many fighters but usually enjoy them quite a bit. I recently picked up PSASBR and I am having a lot of fun but I've been meaning to get SFxT for some Blanka and Yoshimitsu action but was waiting on a price drop that will probably never come.

From reading around and watching gameplay videos it seems like a decent port... is it recommended?

People who have both this and PSASBR, which have you been playing the most - I mean I know one is a party game pretty much so probably more fun....but is this worth nabbing too? I also have the PSP game SF alpha 3 max but don't play it much..

I know it's annoying when someone asks what they should buy but need some convincing for the price, really hope there won't be a SuperSFxT anytime soon as well..

"Super" SFXT is the 2013 patch, which is thankfully free.

It's a very good port - no problems there. Unfortunately the game has problems. There's fun to be had, though. I think everyone is hoping the 2013 patch takes care of that and brings the game out to its full potential.

Mr. Fix

Damn, you're a bro. A friend and I were planning on finding SFxT for dirt cheap somewhere to play for the break. Guess we'll have to buy the DLC raw. Thanks anyways, fern.

tumblr_lsdj4nVLBn1qbpm24.gif

Skyzard

Banned
Only got this recently but can Heihachi do the spinning kick before the upper-cut that he usually does (even in PSASBR) and Yoshimitsu the sitting meditation stance that lets him switch positions?

Felt quite a bit of slowdown...is that in the main game too? Been playing a lot of training mode.

Thanks.

KAL2006

Banned
Does anyone know when the big balance update for SFxT will come out. I still haven't bought this game but will buy it when the balance update comes out.

Why is the point structure SO messed up in rank if someone is playing on the same console?

It calculated their loss based on the person having no points, but then if they win, its calculated based on their highest person vs. your rank. Makes no sense to win, gaining 40 points, but if you lose, you lose 86, but they gain 50?

I see a lot of people "cheating" on PS3 as losing takes none of your points away but you only gain a benefit.

dubq

Is it possible to share your actual PS3 save data with your vita? I know you can do the custom stuff, but I mean the actual save file with your battle points, etc? If there is an option to do this I'm completely missing it...

Vitacat

So, after playing (the Demo) of SxT on my new iPad mini, all the people saying that graphics are comparable to Vita's are either crazy or trolling. I would put the iOS version behind SSFIV 3DS.

I have no doubt you're correct. But people who think playing traditional fighting games on an iPad makes sense would probably not be able to tell the difference anyway.

Skyzard

Banned
There's an update.. 1.08 - 39mb, adjusted battle balance, fixed system error.

Is this the patch for blanka and yoshi etc that the other consoles are getting?

Tizoc

There's an update.. 1.08 - 39mb, adjusted battle balance, fixed system error.

Is this the patch for blanka and yoshi etc that the other consoles are getting?

lol, yeah the latest ver. of the game is 1.08. Only PC is behind, being at 1.06.

KAL2006

Banned
I am probably going to get this game due to the sale in EU, I was waiting for the digital price of the game to go down. Before I pull the trigger is there anything I should know. How is the online is it smooth and does cross play work well.

SUPARSTARX

I am probably going to get this game due to the sale in EU, I was waiting for the digital price of the game to go down. Before I pull the trigger is there anything I should know. How is the online is it smooth and does cross play work well.

Online is as good as it can get with PSN on wireless.

Marz

So if I bought the Vita version I get the PS3 DLC free? Where? I bought the Vita version digitally if that helps

fionel

Has the netcode improved after the 2013 patch? Probably not since I played against some vita players from my ps3 and noticed some ugly warping issues. Crossing my fingers.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So if I bought the Vita version I get the PS3 DLC free? Where? I bought the Vita version digitally if that helps

You should have either received a code or just check and see if the DLC now shows as free on the PS3 PSN store.

vg260

Why is the point structure SO messed up in rank if someone is playing on the same console?

It calculated their loss based on the person having no points, but then if they win, its calculated based on their highest person vs. your rank. Makes no sense to win, gaining 40 points, but if you lose, you lose 86, but they gain 50?

I see a lot of people "cheating" on PS3 as losing takes none of your points away but you only gain a benefit.

I'm not sure what you mean. the ranking system is pretty wonky, but not as bad a UMvC3's. I'm consistently matched with people I should not be matched up with skill-wise in that game.

I've never understood the mentality of cheating online. I mean does having your name higher on a list by cheating warn you some respect in real life or some sort of real-world accolades?

Top Bottom