• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita |OT|

fernoca

So... any word on the cross buy fix for the 12 characters? They sure are taking their sweet ass time. Capcpom at it again I guess.
They did said that it should be fixed for everone on November 6 (after the US PS Store update... so, any moment before midnight :p)..so, wel'll see.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Doing QCF's consistantly seems to be a problem for me in this compared to Marvel. I dunno why. Maybe it's because I have "Super Easy Super?" inputs activated a gem? I can't seem to pull any of Cody's QCF's off consistently here.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Doing QCF's consistantly seems to be a problem for me in this compared to Marvel. I dunno why. Maybe it's because I have "Super Easy Super?" inputs activated a gem? I can't seem to pull any of Cody's QCF's off consistently here.

Why do you have this enabled!? Get rid of it, LOL.

Pimpbaa

Both screenshots are on their original resolution, untouched. The game looks EXACTLY the same on the vita as on this screenshot.

Those screenshots look great on my tablet (and that has a lower dpi than the vita) and look like ass on my big hdtv. Exactly the same my ass.

Mileena

Banned

yo stop mashing scrub

TheSeks

Why do you have this enabled!? Get rid of it, LOL.

Those purple gems are the only way to activate the "stat boosting" gems trophy, it seems. I need to do those 30 times but it doesn't seem to increase, so I dunno. :/

But I'm in the middle of kumite, so I can't turn it off yet.

Mileena said:
yo stop mashing scrub

But mashing LP LP LP 214/QCB+HP "CRIMINAL UPPAH" feels so good when it works. :(

So I don't think Cross Play works. I tried playing with a buddy that is on his PS3. I sent an invite but there's no "Join/Accept" button on his side.. just a "Reply" button. So we tried it the other way around and I didn't get a "Join" button to hit either.

Anyone else have this issue as well?

So I don't think Cross Play works. I tried playing with a buddy that is on his PS3. I sent an invite but there's no "Join/Accept" button on his side.. just a "Reply" button. So we tried it the other way around and I didn't get a "Join" button to hit either.

Anyone else have this issue as well?

I asked earlier but got no reply. Hopefully someone answers this.

fernoca

It works...kinda.
Seems there's a problem and for some reason you can't send invites to your friends (possible patch in the works? who knows... :p)

The workaround is that for one player to create a lobby and the other player look for the name of that lobby (lobbies appear by name and user). Lobbies can also be created to allow both PS3 and Vita players or just ones from the platfom you're playing.

I tried with...myself. :p
(quick pic)

4dsEJ.jpg

Lothars

I really hope the issue is resolved today with the costumes and characters since I bought the digital version and still cannot access any of the alternate costumes or the characters in the ps3 version.

TheSeks

I really hope the issue is resolved today with the costumes and characters since I bought the digital version and still cannot access any of the alternate costumes or the characters in the ps3 version.

Same. Waiting for the store update before I flip over a Capcom rack. :|

Also OMG dat Cody outfit. So much better than the alternate switch outfit he has. ;__;

Also I changed out the Expert Input gem and used the "Easy Input" gem. Made hitting Criminal Uppers a lot easier.

Why isn't this a control option to where I have full control over the character like Street Alpha 3 Upper for PSP did?!

fernoca

I didn't receive the 38 alt character costumes. What's the email address to resolve this?
At the moment, just wait untill the Store update hits later today.

If after the update, still nothing..then yeah; you'll need to contact them. Me and others contacted them last week and never got a response; guess they're banking on this ussue been solved with the Store update).

Also make sure to note what are you missing.
You should have this on your download list (or listed as "free" in-game to add it, after the update)

-12 extra characters (PS3)
-38 alternate costumes (PS3)
-38 alternate costumes (Vita)

And if you preodered the game, also:
-12 DLC characters alt.costumes (PS3)
-12 DLC characters alt.costumes (Vita)

The "swap costumes" (38 original and 12 extras) are not part of any code/extra. Though the 38-originals were put as free by mistake back then.

The email is accounts@capcom.com in any case.

TheSeks

I didn't receive the 38 alt character costumes. What's the email address to resolve this?

Just wait until the store updates today. It should be fixed today.

And if you preodered the game, also:
-12 DLC characters alt.costumes (PS3)
-12 DLC characters alt.costumes (Vita)

Just to add: That should be "bought on PSN week one/the first three days" right? Most PSN titles treat buying it the first week as "pre-order" bonuses.

fernoca

Just to add: That should be "bought on PSN week one/the first three days" right? Most PSN titles treat buying it the first week as "pre-order" bonuses.
The preorder bonus was apparently retail-only. And the blog post detailing the DLC "issue", only mentioned this for digital purchases:
Full Game Purchased via Digital Download prior to October 26th, 6pm (PST):
- The DLC content described above was not included in the download. On November 6th, you will be entitled to the access the “Additional Characters Pack” (12 New Characters) and the “SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack” (38 Costumes) for PS3 the if you log in to the PSN Store and select these items. They will be marked as “Free” based on your entitlement, and you can download the content.
Now, other games did offered the preorder DLC for digital purchases during the first few days, but at the moment and in this case; we don't know.

The wait continues... :p

TheSeks

OMG SMH. You're right.

Fuck Capcom. I'm not paying $12 for the better Cody outfit and I got ripped off $2
More like $42 now
with those DLC alternates.

NEVER AGAIN, Capcom. I'll fucking wait next time.

fernoca

Welp..
Store update seems to be on its way, stuff already up via search; no sign of the 12-characters DLC been free (in-game and in-store).

EDIT:
Yep, store updated and nothing. Others are posting about it over the net.
Seems that the costumes (38 alternates) do appear free for those that redeemed codes. But the 12 characters on PS3 are still priced at $19.99.

Uraizen

Banned
Welp..
Store update seems to be on its way, stuff already up via search; no sign of the 12-characters DLC been free (in-game and in-store).

EDIT:
Yep, store updated and nothing. Others are posting about it over the net.
Seems that the costumes (38 alternates) do appear free for those that redeemed codes. But the 12 characters on PS3 are still priced at $19.99.

I didn't even get that, now I'm livid.

Lothars

OMG SMH. You're right.

Fuck Capcom. I'm not paying $12 for the better Cody outfit and I got ripped off $2
More like $42 now
with those DLC alternates.

NEVER AGAIN, Capcom. I'll fucking wait next time.
for the dlc alternatives it's 6 for the dlc alternate.

I never got the preorder so I bought those but I still haven't got the 38 characters alternate.

Ohnonono

I bought this on a whim pretty much because I have enjoyed all of the Vita ports of fighters so far. I am a very casual fighting game person and play a lot of single player, though every once in a while I jump online and get rolled. I did not have very high hopes for this game after hearing complaints but there is something about this game that is very fun. I feel like the moves have a great deal of impact to them and the systems for swapping for multicharacter combos are pretty easy to take advantage of, even if you are not a super serious fighter player. I know it is getting a patch to make things better competitively but even right now I am very happy with the purchase and it has replaced UMVC3 as the default fighter I play when I pick up the Vita.

fernoca

I bought this on a whim pretty much because I have enjoyed all of the Vita ports of fighters so far. I am a very casual fighting game person and play a lot of single player, though every once in a while I jump online and get rolled. I did not have very high hopes for this game after hearing complaints but there is something about this game that is very fun. I feel like the moves have a great deal of impact to them and the systems for swapping for multicharacter combos are pretty easy to take advantage of, even if you are not a super serious fighter player. I know it is getting a patch to make things better competitively but even right now I am very happy with the purchase and it has replaced UMVC3 as the default fighter I play when I pick up the Vita.
Yeah. In general I love eveyrthing about the game: the looks, the characters, the gems, gameplay is fast, fun...no complaints (Vita/DLC issues aside).

TheSeks

for the dlc alternatives it's 6 for the dlc alternate.

I never got the preorder so I bought those but I still haven't got the 38 characters alternate.

It was $2 last week since it was on sale, and honestly Cody's Paul outfit is TERRIBLE. I'd rather have the much better cop-outfit, so I'm ripped off $2-3 bucks in addition to hoping that I was getting $40+ in rip-off DLC (outfits/gems) free for buying week one.

And Capcom still hasn't replied to my e-mail. Why isn't this issue on GiantBomb/et. al.? Capcom and Sony are purposely screwing early buyers and saying NOTHING about them "fixing" it other than a date and that date has passed and still it isn't fixed. This should be a bigger consumer-rights issue than it is. :|

fernoca

It was $2 last week since it was on sale, and honestly Cody's Paul outfit is TERRIBLE. I'd rather have the much better cop-outfit, so I'm ripped off $2-3 bucks in addition to hoping that I was getting $40+ in rip-off DLC (outfits/gems) free for buying week one.

And Capcom still hasn't replied to my e-mail. Why isn't this issue on GiantBomb/et. al.? Capcom and Sony are purposely screwing early buyers and saying NOTHING about them "fixing" it other than a date and that date has passed and still it isn't fixed. This should be a bigger consumer-rights issue than it is. :|
They haven't replied yet to the forum posts or updated the blog regarding the missing Nov.6th-fix.

Sucks that the game's good. XD

Finally decided to pick this up. From the screenshots, it looked nice and the characters looked larger than life. But playing it on the OLED, they seem much smaller than I thought they'd be.

The game still runs and looks great, a really well-done port. But a little disappointed in the size of the characters. Are they really supposed to be this tiny? I had the same reaction with MK. I should've expected it with portable fighters.

And the costume situation is a mess. I actually got the swaps for the DLC characters on sale last week than found out they're free! *angry face* Then there are alt outfits for the DLC characters for $6?!

yurinka

Got the retail Vita Euro version last week, and downloaded all the free DLC for both Vita and PS3.

After being played all the Capcom fighters for portable devices (UMvsC3 is the only exception) since the GB, and this include all the phone versions since the Java phones age, this feels to me as the best Capcom portable fighter ever.

The controls (disabled the touch, I always prefer old school) feel perfect now, way better than in my old PSP1000. Only matched as a close second by the dpad of the PSP3000.

The graphics are awesome. In this screen feels georgeous, and the detail lost isn't too noticiable, I think it's the best adaptation seen for portables. And it moves really, really smooth. The colors feel more vibrant and SF2Dish, even if they are maybe a bit too saturated.

It brings a lot of new content compared to the PS3 version, which also can be unlocked there. And also new collectables and little cool extras like the AR stuff. As an example, now in Vita you have a lot of colors for the editor, and I'm expending a lot of time with it. Back in the PS3 version it was useless because it has like 4 colors for each character.

I only miss more 1P game modes, something that they must learn from SF Alpha 3 and SFEX. I still have to check the online multiplayer, but everything else feels great.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
At this point, I think I actually prefer the Vita version over the console versions. This game makes for an awesome handheld game.

It brings a lot of new content compared to the PS3 version, which also can be unlocked there. And also new collectables and little cool extras like the AR stuff. As an example, now in Vita you have a lot of colors for the editor, and I'm expending a lot of time with it. Back in the PS3 version it was useless because it has like 4 colors for each character.

Color edit is exactly the same as PS3...Capcom released color packs in the months leading up to the Vita version.

yurinka

At this point, I think I actually prefer the Vita version over the console versions. This game makes for an awesome handheld game.
Same here.

Color edit is exactly the same as PS3...Capcom released color packs in the months leading up to the Vita version.
Oops, I didn't know it. Never used the editor in PS3 since the PS3 release, but noticed all the release when downloading the Vita stuff. In fact, I didn't played the PS3 version during too much time.

fernoca

Interesting..
I just got a message on my Vita (couldn't see/read it on my PS3); about the missing DLC:

ASq10.jpg

Said voucher auto-redeemed itself when I clicked on the logo and got me the 12-DLC characters on PS3 (which was the only thing I was missing) and the alternate costumes (which I already had).

If anything, check your Vitas and make sure they're online, to see if you receive a message.

Lothars

Yeah I agree, I wanted to let you know that I sent a PM on capcom unity to http://www.capcom-unity.com/megasmiddy and he sent me two codes to redeem both the 12 characters for PS3 and the 38 character Alternate Costume Pack.

I would recommend to do that and see what he says.

Interesting..
I just got a message on my Vita (couldn't see/read it on my PS3); about the missing DLC:

ASq10.jpg

Said voucher auto-redeemed itself when I clicked on the logo and got me the 12-DLC characters on PS3 (which was the only thing I was missing) and the alternate costumes (which I already had).

If anything, check your Vitas and make sure they're online, to see if you receive a message.
I should check that but I was on the vita and never saw that. I will have to look again.

TheSeks

They sent me a note for the ps3 characters so I'm glad thats over but still nothing on the dlc alt costumes for vita yet.

Bitch in the PSN store thread to Mochuu or whatever his name is. The GAF "PSN store manager" dude. I did, and he needs to know this issue is still ongoing.

But I'm going to check my PSN messages and see if they sent me a message and I haven't seen it.

I guess I got lucky. I punched in my code and the alt costumes and ps3 unlocks popped up.

Game is an amazing piece of software. I'm still trying to wrap my head around playing this on a handheld.

TheSeks

I guess I got lucky. I punched in my code and the alt costumes and ps3 unlocks popped up.

Game is an amazing piece of software. I'm still trying to wrap my head around playing this on a handheld.

When did you buy/redeem your code? If today: That's why. If week-one: Yeah you got lucky if you did it three days after the game launched.

TheSeks

Doh. Wish I knew about the DLC. Bought it at Target the other week via the B2G1 sale.

Er-If you bought it then you should have a voucher code. If you use that and got nothing, you need to bitch at Mochuu or go to the PSN store and see if the "SF vs Juggle Promo DLC" is there for you to download and grab it NAO.

fernoca

They sent me a note for the ps3 characters so I'm glad thats over but still nothing on the dlc alt costumes for vita yet.
Weird. My note had one vocuher and it unlocked both (12-characters and 38-costumes) though I already had the costumes. Check your download history just in case.

Er-If you bought it then you should have a voucher code. If you use that and got nothing, you need to bitch at Mochuu or go to the PSN store and see if the "SF vs Juggle Promo DLC" is there for you to download and grab it NAO.

Oh yeah, lol. Just opened it up and found it.

BTW, held off on the console versions all this time, and the SF Anniversary Collection is down to $99.99, so basically it's go time there. I can safely assume the 360 is the gimp version, if only marginally? It would mean, though, that I'd have to get an input converter to use my arcade stick on my PS3.

fernoca

By the way, seems tha tthere's a "DLC promo offer" on the Vita to get the downloads (as long as you have the game :p).

From Capcom's Tech Forums:
After 3 weeks of waiting they finally resolve it. Found this in the add-on page:
46024_491886577498194_25872782_n.jpg
Seems that..
-Digital: Go to the Store, under Add-Ons, Street Figther X Tekken (as shown in teh picture)
-Retail: Run the game, o to the in-game store; you'll receive a voucher as a message after that.

Weird. My note had one vocuher and it unlocked both (12-characters and 38-costumes) though I already had the costumes. Check your download history just in case.

yea I got those but I bought the 12 dlc character alts that weren't part of it but they didn't unlock on both versions

Bitch in the PSN store thread to Mochuu or whatever his name is. The GAF "PSN store manager" dude. I did, and he needs to know this issue is still ongoing.

But I'm going to check my PSN messages and see if they sent me a message and I haven't seen it.
I called psn about it for like an hour and they told me to see if it fixes

vg260

Anyone still having trouble getting the Vita version of the DLC character alt pack purchased from the store? (not pre-order code). It's still only giving the PS3 version and has a charge for the Vita component.

Top Bottom