• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita |OT|

SUPARSTARX

There's supposedly a free complete swap costume pack on the PSN store right now. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I didn't use my code yet.

branny

I just wanna know if the PSN version of the game comes with the characters or not, damn it lol

edit: Yep, I'm referring to the code to unlock characters for the PS3 version :(

fernoca

It does, but the outfits aren't included AFAIK.
I think he meant the extra characters, to unlock them on PS3. Seems there's a voucher for that in retail copies, but is not working.

Insert says that the voucher unlocks:
-12 extra characters on PS3
-38 costumes on the PS3

While the preorder code, unlocks:
-12 new/extra costumes on PS3 and Vita

At the moment, none seem to be working (except the "free 38 costumes" on the PS store right now) which I guess is a mistake. People at the official forums are even reporting preorder codes not working, and only unlocking the costumes on Vita (not on PS3).

To me this was all new, as I thought the only "extra" were the preorder costumes. So eveyrthing else, is the icing of the cake...a bad icing at the moment though. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, I dunno about that. I agree about wondering if that's true for the PS3 version, because if not WTF Capcom. :/

TheSeks

Is something wonky with the DLC on the PSN store? I just saw the SF/TK complete swap costume pack up w/ two listings- one for the sale price and one for Free. I DL'd the free one. Dunno if it's a goof, but might want to jump on it if so.

edit: Yup. Complete 38 swap costume pack for free. go, go go!

Thanks for the heads up, getting that and whatever free shit they have there since the unlock characters code isn't unlocked by buying the portable version digitally. :/ Such a bullshit move by Capcom.

Preset combo editor is $2.99 in both stores, but only the portable store has Preset Combo 3/4/5 for free. WTF?

Boost Gem Trial Pack #3 is free in the portable store, for all characters.

I don't know if its cuz I feel comfy with some characters now (vanilla I couldn't play any1, but jack/Bryan fit like a glove) or what but this version is way more fun than home console...

Did the new patch hit already?

TheSeks

I don't know if its cuz I feel comfy with some characters now (vanilla I couldn't play any1, but jack/Bryan fit like a glove) or what but this version is way more fun than home console...

No, not until December.

Also thank you for the heads up about the free swap pack. Though it seems to be showing up in the PSP2 store now. Maybe because I downloaded it on the PS3. YMMV on that front.

SUPARSTARX

No, it's still just 1.07. PC is still on 1.05 I think. :( :( :(

My Vita is drained of battery. Recharging and playing with AR pics. I wanna know how to flip the characters. -_-

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
For what it's worth, it seems most people's shit breaks when it comes to crossbuy codes, as well as there being constant problems with stuff like pre-order and early release codes on PSN.

Not saying Capcom didn't fuck something up... but for instance when Zen Pinball 2 launched, their shit was broken 40 ways from sunday for like two weeks. Crossbuy stuff didn't show up right, things downloaded on one platform didn't appear on the other without a lot of experimentation. And so on.

I have the impression that PSN is still held together with spit n' bailing wire.

Zen Pinball on the AU PSN still doesn't let me download demos or purchase about 8 of their tables and they just stopped responding to me on twitter lol.

TheSeks

For what it's worth, it seems most people's shit breaks when it comes to crossbuy codes, as well as there being constant problems with stuff like pre-order and early release codes on PSN.

Not saying Capcom didn't fuck something up... but for instance when Zen Pinball 2 launched, their shit was broken 40 ways from sunday for like two weeks. Crossbuy stuff didn't show up right, things downloaded on one platform didn't appear on the other without a lot of experimentation. And so on.

I have the impression that PSN is still held together with spit n' bailing wire.

I just hope they make digital purchases of the portable version unlock the DLC characters for free on the PS3 version. That's the reason I went digital (before the deal was announced at Gamestop anyway) in the first place, because I assumed I'd be getting the same shit the "day one" retail people would be getting because Capcom made no mention of differences between versions.

So if they don't step their game up and give us the same shit, I'm going to be pissed but at least I stuck it to Capcom (and Sony, in a fashion) by getting that original 38 character swap pack but I'm still held hostage to getting Cody on PS3 at a later date. :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I just hope they make digital purchases of the portable version unlock the DLC characters for free on the PS3 version. That's the reason I went digital (before the deal was announced at Gamestop anyway) in the first place, because I assumed I'd be getting the same shit the "day one" retail people would be getting because Capcom made no mention of differences between versions.

So if they don't step their game up and give us the same shit, I'm going to be pissed but at least I stuck it to Capcom (and Sony, in a fashion) by getting that original 38 character swap pack but I'm still held hostage to getting Cody on PS3 at a later date. :(

Yup, from day 1 the entire premise of the Vita edition's bonus was to get the 12 DLC characters on PS3 for free. All this stuff with costumes and such are just extra bonuses tossed in as a launch promotion.

So... yeah. Not getting the console characters via buying digitally is entirely bogus and goes against what was advertised.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

You gotta let it go man, you made an assumption and unfortunately Capcom didn't include the DLC costumes. At least we got the original 38 free character swaps.

vg260

Yup, from day 1 the entire premise of the Vita edition's bonus was to get the 12 DLC characters on PS3 for free. All this stuff with costumes and such are just extra bonuses tossed in as a launch promotion.

So... yeah. Not getting the console characters via buying digitally is entirely bogus and goes against what was advertised.

I don't think the swap pack was supposed to be free since it was part of the sale and there is still a paid listing for it. I think a lot got botched. You'll probably just have to redownload the main game again once it gets sorted all out, and the DLC originally supposed to have come with it with be attached. Not sure what they'll do for the retail voucher screw up. It'll probably just take some time.

branny

How does it look?

On a scale of MK to UMvC3, how are the character models?

It doesn't seem like all the neat shaders are in the Vita version. I think the console version is actually really pretty.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
How does it look?

On a scale of MK to UMvC3, how are the character models?

It doesn't seem like all the neat shaders are in the Vita version. I think the console version is actually really pretty.

I took some screenshots. They don't look as good as the game does in motion on the OLED screen, etc. etc.

7Kvntl.jpg
POiyJl.jpg

huPLBl.jpg
pN06Al.jpg

fc2lMl.jpg
aXZSgl.jpg

uMdw5l.jpg
eCiRGl.jpg

ln1ajl.jpg
2q1CQl.jpg

ai0Fsl.jpg
BODVel.jpg

xdHNKl.jpg
hH0vol.jpg

wwt8Ul.jpg
UXY9el.jpg

cNcNWl.png

TheSeks

You gotta let it go man, you made an assumption and unfortunately Capcom didn't include the DLC costumes. At least we got the original 38 free character swaps.

Once again: I do not give a shit about the costumes. I give a shit about the characters. If I'm buying it digitally, I want the damn content unlocked on PS3. Thankfully, that content is unlocked on the portable version, but it isn't unlocked for the PS3 unless you buy the retail version. That's what I'm complaining about: They said "buy the game day one and you'll get a voucher/pass for the characters." That's what I care about.

Digital pixels that clothe the characters I don't give a damn about. I just want Cody unlocked on the PS3 and I'm being punished for going the route I normally do for portable versions. :|

vg260

Once again: I do not give a shit about the costumes. I give a shit about the characters. If I'm buying it digitally, I want the damn content unlocked on PS3. Thankfully, that content is unlocked on the portable version, but it isn't unlocked for the PS3 unless you buy the retail version. That's what I'm complaining about: They said "buy the game day one and you'll get a voucher/pass for the characters." That's what I care about.

Digital pixels that clothe the characters I don't give a damn about. I just want Cody unlocked on the PS3 and I'm being punished for going the route I normally do for portable versions. :|

I doubt it's intentional. Apparently the retail version codes are screwed up.
The 12 characters were promised all along. Considering the original PR mess, I doubt they're trying to pull a fast one. It just screams a big Capcom/Sony screw up of PSNstore/DLC/cross buy implementation. I suspect they'll at least acknowledge a screw up tomorrow.

Pingoreous

Wow the cross platform play has me on the edge after i was gonna skip this. Man it would have been nice if NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED had cross play as it looks like a 1 to 1 port of the console version. Too bad

branny

It took a while to fix the Jill/Shuma thing, but I think this issue is a bit more pressing. Hopefully it'll be resolved with the next store update. I don't expect results any sooner, sadly.

TheSeks

I doubt it's intentional. Apparently the retail version codes are screwed up.
The 12 characters were promised all along. Considering the original PR mess, I doubt they're trying to pull a fast one. It just screams a big Capcom/Sony screw up of PSNstore/DLC/cross buy implementation. I suspect they'll at least acknowledge a screw up tomorrow.

I hope so, because this is just making me not want to buy portable titles day one anymore. The costumes bit sucks, but I can deal with that. But if you're going to promise you unlock characters if you get the portable version day one, by god and country you better deliver on that promise no matter the delivery method. :|

vg260

I hope so, because this is just making me not want to buy portable titles day one anymore. The costumes bit sucks, but I can deal with that. But if you're going to promise you unlock characters if you get the portable version day one, by god and country you better deliver on that promise no matter the delivery method. :|

I could be misunderstanding what's happened, but apparently not even the retail codes are working right and are mistakenly for the 12 DLC pre-order alts. But yeah, then I guess if fixed and the retail buyers end up getting both, then you still got shorted by getting the digital version.

It took a while to fix the Jill/Shuma thing, but I think this issue is a bit more pressing. Hopefully it'll be resolved with the next store update. I don't expect results sooner, sadly.

Yeah, this is mess it sounds like. If it takes a little longer for them to fix the 12 characters on the PS3 showing up, and I get 38 swap costumes, and the 12 DLC alt pack out of it for free, I'm ok with waiting a little bit.

So how's the game? Still can't decide if I want to get it.

It's fun, there is slowdown (mostly in the char select menu and loading screen after) but the matches are relatively smooth. Game looks amazing as shown in the screenshots earlier.

But gahdamn am I getting the shit kicked out of me...how are these people so good already on Vita's controls? It is a straight up ass-whoopin in here :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So double platinum possible?

Do they share list?

I'll do the gamestop deal, got $150 in credit

So if I plat Vita, can I in turn get PS3 Plat like Sound Shapes or Motorstorm RC?

So the game supposed to have the swap costumes for the original 38 characters, but it became a pre-order bonus. And the code doesn't work?

Yet, it's free on PSN right now?

That's weird. Another Capccom?

EDIT: And aren't Vita PSN games supposed to be cheaper? Sucks it isn't.

SUPARSTARX

Is anybody else's AR photos turning out really dark? When I try to take normal pictures with the camera the brightness is fine. But through the AR mode it is dimmed as fukkkkkkk

Ken

Welp...bought the game. Probably not the wisest decision I made this year but whatever; can't say no to handheld fighters.

Welp...bought the game. Probably not the wisest decision I made this year but whatever; can't say no to handheld fighters.

I think it's pretty awesome because the port is so good. Best handheld fighter so far, I think.

Just came out way too late. Better late then never but I think it hurt the brand a lot.

usctrojan

game looks sooooo great. will pick this up first deal chance i get (which may be a b2g1 at target this weekend if i can decide what else to get). LBP maybe?

Tizoc

Yo hold up if the alt. outfits are free on US PSN, does that mean they'll be free on EU as well? Is that for vita or ps3?

Played some of my copy for about an hour. Looks really nice. Like that most of the menus are touch. The loading is a little long for my tastes though through all the various menus.

There doesn't seem to be a disconnect percentage shown in the online UI. No rage quits yet in ranked though.

I think the package is really nice.

I have to say though, playing for this hour, my hands have cramped. And the problems I have with the Vita ergonomics come to light.

D-pad and face buttons are too close to the analog sticks for me. I'm constantly hitting them on accident, especially when throwing and holding down-back.And I hate the trigger buttons, haha.

I turned off the back touch buttons. But I am using the 4 quadrants on the front screen. i have Q3 for 3P and Q4 for tagging out.

I think I might put MP on Q1 or 2 and see how that works out, so i don't have to reach for the L trigger. Will probably put 3K on Q2 though.

Top Bottom