• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strider |OT| It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got Dat Schwing)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Nice OT - also i feel a kindred spirit in you with that username. add me on PSN - SilkySm00th

Mad crazy pizza parlor flashbacks whenever I see that tonfa sword. kidsloveit!

Preordered on Steam, and Preordered the Japanese PS3 special edition package.

TOO FUCKING READY FOR THIS SHIT.

I even cosplayed the UMVC3 alt for strider in hype for this shit!

12400630913_29f6e4e49e_z.jpg

FUCK! I CAN'T BELIEVE HES BACK!!!

nillapuddin

Already had this preordered from Gamefly since last week. Still wondering why there's not a single review.

Also, I keep reading various comments about how it's "very Metroidvania", when it's not actually supposed to be. It has stylings of that gameplay, but it's not exactly supposed to be Shadow Complex 2.0.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/about-strider-being-a-metroidvania

After playing a good chunk of the game, this is entirely accurate

I think the "Metroidvania" associate is purely due to lack of other descriptive terms

For me, this leans much more in the direction of Mega Man X for example, because its a COMBAT -> PLATFORMER -> ADVENTURE title

Combat is first, platforming is second, the exploration and expansion is last

not that any one of these components are lacking, in fact I believe they all resonate very well together and separately, but they were not trying to build Metroid: Elder Scrolls: Strider HD, they made Strider, and its awesome

Hurley

Just finished watching the Gamersyde video, it looks so good.

Makes it even more depressing that Amazon got a hold of Double Helix.

Did they put the PS4 demo back on the Japanese Store? I will have access to a PS4 this afternoon, hopefully it's still there.

It looks like the actual JP PSN store for PS4 is almost fully operational. You can load into it but not all the graphics are loading. After poking around in it last night I wa able to find not only the Strider demo, but also a free 3 month trial the JP PS+ service for my JP PSN account.

jwk94

It looks like the actual JP PSN store for PS4 is almost fully operational. You can load into it but not all the graphics are loading. After poking around in it last night I wa able to find the not only the Strider demo, but also a free 3 month trial the JP PS+ service for my JP PSN account.

How did you find the demo?

Blues1990

I was able to hear some samples of the remixed tracks from the older Strider games (which includes tracks from the NES & Arcade installments), and I love the Kazakh, Siberian Tunnel, & Egypt remixes. Naturally, the original Raid theme has yet to be topped, as the new remix seems to mellow for my taste.

wondermega

I'm going to expect that 99% of the people in this thread have not ever played, rather ever heard of, OSMan. So, check that out.

Liamario

Banned
Played the demo a couple of times now. It plays like strider 2. You won't be disappointed. Anyone know the price in € when in launches?

eso76

Both? Why both?

I am definitely getting this, but I don't see the point of double dipping.

Between arcade -> home computers conversions, console ports, psone version included in strider 2 and capcom collections, I think I bought strider 1 6 or 7 times.
And I loved each one :p

damn I've never seen a studio overnight go from shit to God tier like Double Helix did

Sorry DH, but One is right - you guys were pretty bad (barring BC, I liked that game), but you have my attention now.

(I hear Killer Instinct is good but I've never liked the series more than casual play.)

teiresias

Wait so this is basically Metroid-style now. Awesome, so into this on PS4 (prefer to get it on PS4 and use the DS4 than get it on PC and use 360 controller).

NEO0MJ

Really interested in checking this out, but will wait for Gaf reactions first. If they're good I'll pick it up on PC.

I played it for a while on the XBOne thanks to that glitch (and my access to it has since been revoked). Very fun game with tight controls and good mechanics. As others have said, it just makes that Amazon purchase of Double Helix all the more disappointing.

Jeels

Release schedule for PS4 is so open I am really considering this. At $15 it isn't that big of a gamble. Will wait for a review or two though.

Top Bottom